Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Just got done installing the Rubicon Fox shocks and Rubicon front springs and max tow rear springs on my Willys. Install was pretty straight forward. Didn't need to drop the track bar as I have seen some people do. Ride is a bit firmer but more planted. Less body roll as well. Total lift looks like 3/4" over the stock Willys suspension. And as I expected after removal the rear Willys springs had no tags to tell the numbers.

Here are measurements at the pinch weld forward and rear of the tires.

Left front
16 1/2 to 17 1/4

Right front
16 3/4 to 17 1/2

Left rear
18 1/4 to 19

Right rear
18 1/2 to 18 5/8

The right rear is a complete mystery. Only gained 1/8". Might be because the fuel tank is full.

Hard to see any difference.

Before
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon/max tow and Rubicon shocks installed on my Willys 52B3BC87-1037-4219-80CB-C4D51272AA5A

After
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon/max tow and Rubicon shocks installed on my Willys 6F759529-334D-4B61-A10C-C2B42A3A90F5
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have the same on my JT plus Daystar 1.5 and .75 rear spacers, Daystar lower front spring correction pads, Mopar LCAs, and RE front shock extensions. I like the ride but feel at times it is under dampened over bumps at speed, I am running 285/75/17 Toyos on stock wheels.

JoeyD

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Good to know, I have a Sport S and i think the suspension is the same on the Willys (maybe?). I've found the suspension rather soft on road/freeway and on trails. On trails it bounces and have slammed the chassis and underside a few times just getting the wheel over something, partly my fault but still. Going through ruts is a nightmare but I'm coming from an Xterra with IFS so this just might be a solid axle thing.

Overall it seemed soft, I've been wanting more clearance and I see Rubicon suspension take offs for decently cheap so it's good to read your feedback!

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Good to know, I have a Sport S and i think the suspension is the same on the Willys (maybe?). I've found the suspension rather soft on road/freeway and on trails. On trails it bounces and have slammed the chassis and underside a few times just getting the wheel over something, partly my fault but still. Going through ruts is a nightmare but I'm coming from an Xterra with IFS so this just might be a solid axle thing.

Overall it seemed soft, I've been wanting more clearance and I see Rubicon suspension take offs for decently cheap so it's good to read your feedback!

I don't think the Willys and Sport springs are the same. The front Willys springs don't have numbers that come close to any other model. The rears are a mystery. Obviously the shocks are different. It has the JL Rubicon reds.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's about right for the rears. You don't gain much in the rear with the Rubicon springs if any at all. Most of the lift is in the front. I left my max tow springs on because when I removed them and measured them against the Rubicon ones I could not tell a difference in size. Plus I think the Max tows are rated for more weight. I gain 3/4 inches as well in the front on my Max Tow, but I also had a steel bumper and winch already installed. Rubicon take offs and 2.5" SST Readylift left me with about a 1/4" of rake front to back which is what I was looking for.

Sponsored

sceraul

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
That's about right for the rears. You don't gain much in the rear with the Rubicon springs if any at all. Most of the lift is in the front. I left my max tow springs on because when I removed them and measured them against the Rubicon ones I could not tell a difference in size. Plus I think the Max tows are rated for more weight. I gain 3/4 inches as well in the front on my Max Tow, but I also had a steel bumper and winch already installed. Rubicon take offs and 2.5" SST Readylift left me with about a 1/4" of rake front to back which is what I was looking for.
Do you think leaving the stock coil springs in the back on my Willys while replacing the front coils with rubicon take off will cause any issue? I am sitting level right now (by eye), which is what I want, but at the same time I don't want the rear end to seem too spongy compared to front.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think leaving the stock coil springs in the back on my Willys while replacing the front coils with rubicon take off will cause any issue? I am sitting level right now (by eye), which is what I want, but at the same time I don't want the rear end to seem too spongy compared to front.
I don't think it's gonna cause any issues but your gonna gain about a inch extra lift in the front unless you have some extra weight like a steel bumper and winch on the front. If your running a stock plastic bumper your gonna gain between 3/4 to 1 inch though depending on which Rubicon springs you get. There are 2 types and 1 gives more lift than the other

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I would be curious to see what jtrd front springs on a non rubicon sport would do. Especially for the added weight of a steel bumper, winch, and skids.

sceraul

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
I don't think it's gonna cause any issues but your gonna gain about a inch extra lift in the front unless you have some extra weight like a steel bumper and winch on the front. If your running a stock plastic bumper your gonna gain between 3/4 to 1 inch though depending on which Rubicon springs you get. There are 2 types and 1 gives more lift than the other
Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I observed. I was worried that the rear would be spongy compared to the front. I will drive for a bit and see what happens. Thanks
Sponsored