Rubicon red dash no more?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I hate the look of the red dash in pictures but am finding it mellower in person. Still too much though. Would like to have a grey dash on my gray truck.
It bugged me in all of the pictures that I saw online prior to taking delivery. It bugged me so much that I was planning on doing a vinyl overlay (or find gray OEM pieces) ASAP.

Fast-forward to my JTR delivery
it grew on me quickly. I never would have picked the ruby red dash if there was an option for gray or black, but I’m happy with it at this point and have no plan to change it.
Sponsored

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
It depends on exterior color. Nacho, Gecko, Gobi, Punkn, maybe others, don't get a red dash. Mine is a 2021 Nacho, and has a gray dash.

Basically, flashy colors get grey dash. Also, the tan leather gets the gray dash.
Makes sense as gobi and red would look horrible.

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
It's been a bit of a mixed bag. We haven't gotten every color recently but some Rubicon's with black leather have shipped with red dash and some with grey. Not really sure the rhyme or reason as the latest one to come in was the new silver and it came with a grey dash. We also got a Gobi with the red dash last week. Recently its become unpredictable.

Sponsored

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
It's been a bit of a mixed bag. We haven't gotten every color recently but some Rubicon's with black leather have shipped with red dash and some with grey. Not really sure the rhyme or reason as the latest one to come in was the new silver and it came with a grey dash. We also got a Gobi with the red dash last week. Recently its become unpredictable.
You’ve received a 2022 gobi with a red dash?! Pics? I have an open case with Jeep right now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is a long-time quilter, and some would say well-versed at color combinations - what work and what don't. When she saw the Rubicon with red - it was instantly "we will not be getting one of those".
Frankly, looking at them in the dealership show rooms and on the lots - I think it would be all wrong for the blue exterior, especially since the blue is on the inside, too, where they'd be seen together.
If they were the same "shade" or degrees of color, the same depth, maybe, but the red of the dash isn't a good match for the blue of the body in our opinions.

Almost anything goes with grey or silver.

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I really don’t care for the red dash in my Rubicon.. if given a choice, I’ll be ordering the black leather/red stitching type that came in the launch editions. Or if I can find a local place that does hydro dipping, I’ll pick a pattern a go that way.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Mine is a 22 JTRD, got it on 31st March, Silver Zynith, no red rubicon dash.
And I'm happy about it, I don't like it. I was wondering if it was because of the leather-trimmed bucket seat.

Sponsored

Moby

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Rubicon, ‘17 Renegade, ‘83 GMC S-15
I wish I had known there was a dash color other than red available on my Rubicon. I bought it off the dealer lot (rather than order, which I have always done), and didn’t know I could’ve gotten replacement panels. Oh well

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
My 21 stingray JTRD had a red dash, before taking ownership It was going to be one of the first things I changed. After owning for a while the red grew on me and wasn’t overpowering.
I just ordered a Gobi JTRD I really hope It comes with a gray dash but am ok if it comes red, fingers crossed đŸ€ž

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Is it a newer thing? Dependent on if you have leather or cloth? My 2020 JTR Gobi with leather has a red dash.
Maybe because you got the black leather? Or maybe it started in '21. Who knows? I thought something was up with mine until I saw the other Naho Rubicons on here with gray
I wish I had known there was a dash color other than red available on my Rubicon. I bought it off the dealer lot (rather than order, which I have always done), and didn’t know I could’ve gotten replacement panels. Oh well

You can still get them. They are fairly inexpensive. The Wrangler ones are the same. And they just pop out

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
When I as looking for a Punk'n Rubicon in 2020, most had the red dash but a few had the gray. All had the black interior. The one I eventually purchased had the grey dash.
Sponsored