Sponsored

Who else doesn't care for the red dash on the Rubicon?

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
I bought a Firecracker Red Rubicon with the tan leather seats and so the dash is black. I like that so much better than the red dash Something about that dull metallic red that looks off over that large of an area. I like it down on the lockers switch but the dash not so much.

I also prefer the tan seats over the black too. I know it's all personal tastes but that is just me.
Me that is why I ordered my replacement panels (Launch Black with red stitching - I ordered black the wife kiboshed the tan) from Summit (cheapest I could find online)..

Capture.JPG

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Why not just color match it to the exterior of the vehicle. its friggen plastic, shouldn't be that hard.
No kidding. It definitely would make it seem more finished to have the dash match the door and rollbar color that you'll already be seeing throughout. Seeing the exterior paint color and then the red dash just seems cheap to me. I will probably be removing my panels and getting them painted.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
... Why not just color match it to the exterior of the vehicle. its friggen plastic, shouldn't be that hard. ...
Years ago (literally decades) I read the book Wheels by Arthur Hailey. It's a novel, but he did considerable research for all of his books on various industries to ensure technical accuracy. It's an entertaining way to learn about car manufacturing (at least as it was back in the early 70s, LOL). In it he mentions that one of the most difficult steps in automobile design and production is color matching all of the various paints and fabrics.

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I would have liked the red dash...my wife, not so much.

snoshoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I would have liked the red dash...my wife, not so much.
Funny, my wife feels the same way. She started me on this path of ridding the interior of red.
When I saw it in person, I liked it (with a sting gray ext).

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I dislike the red enough to justify the tan leather, which I love...but I’m almost positive I’ll be adding Bartact seat covers as well, so the tan leather seems like. Lot to spend on something I’ll never see...

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
I don’t mind it, but depending on what color I go with, I’ll probably get a color matched wrap for the dash pieces. Blue, for instance, might look a lot better in color match.

snoshoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I dislike the red enough to justify the tan leather, which I love...but I’m almost positive I’ll be adding Bartact seat covers as well, so the tan leather seems like. Lot to spend on something I’ll never see...
That's why I think I will start with cloth. Worst case is a set of seat covers or Katzkin leather.
Figure I can do that and use a black dye pen on the steering wheel, shift boots and door panels. Paint the dash Sting Gray to match. No more red.

Sting Gray Dash Panels 2.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USAF Security Forces
I hate the red accent so much that it convinced me to go for the "dark saddle" interior. Looking at debadging the truck as well due the added red accents on JEEP, RUBICON etc all over the truck. Don't accent with such a bold color.. Love the idea of a dye pen to sort out stitching on dash etc. Only place I don't mind it is down on the diff switches.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Yeah the red accents look cheesy to me. I'm holding out for the yellow paint option. Red + yellow is a horrible combination that's only reserved for cookout condiments. May as well throw in some dark green to complete the hotdog color scheme

Why isn't this an option? Jeep can clearly just not put that in...

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Red dash and the other accents for me are another reason NOT to go Rubicon. I especially hate the red-outlined “Rubicon” hood decals on every single color paint. Even on the red JT where it is non-matching, ugh. But it’s a lot easier to change a hood decal than the dash panel. And I don’t want leather seats either.

Not a red-hater though, I would consider a firecracker red JT in Sport S a top option behind Black. The red accent stuff though is not a good look in my book.
Yeah, part of me is considering going overland and adding my own lockers just to avoid the red.

Hey Jeep Cares, push the "red delete" option up the chain for us

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
I hated the red dash, and that was one of the reasons I got my LE so I could have black seats and black dash (and wheels)
Sponsored