Sponsored

Who else doesn't care for the red dash on the Rubicon?

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
The red dash doesn’t bother me as much as the red stitching. The dash panels can be changed/painted pretty easily but the stitching was the deal breaker for me.
They should have treated it like the JL and went gray on the non-neutral colors.
That being said I also decided to go saddle leather just to get rid of the red and I think it will look killer with Punk’n orange.
Sponsored

hola

First Name
Kj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2018 Jaguar F-Pace 2017 Corvette Z06
My "red" dash is almost a rust or orange-ish red. I am still on the fence, but it looks pretty okay with my white Gladiator. Just can fathom it with red!

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Saddle just to remove the red stuff inside. Hate it all, inside and out. Will likely be on a campaign to make it all go away. Sport tailgate logo should do the trick, peel off everything else.

Not wild about the Saddle seats, too light, but that gives a picture of my red hate. At least then I just have to swap seats if I can't learn to like the Light Saddle.

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USAF Security Forces
Saying it now if anyone wants the red accent badges I will swap you for your traditional all-black ones of the Sport or Overland. Stickers will be removed, probably get an aftermarket all-black "RUBICON" replacement.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
The red dash doesn't bother me. I plan on ordering a Punk'n Orange JT soon and actually think the RED dash will accent it nicely. Although, I am somewhat confused since the builder shows the Punk'n JLs with silver dash while the JTs show RED.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
The red dash doesn't bother me. I plan on ordering a Punk'n Orange JT soon and actually think the RED dash will accent it nicely. Although, I am somewhat confused since the builder shows the Punk'n JLs with silver dash while the JTs show RED.
This is very new news, but the Punk'n's do not have the red dash in any configuration. 1 dealer in Ohio has a Rubi with Black leather and no red dash (Silver)

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is very new news, but the Punk'n's do not have the red dash in any configuration. 1 dealer in Ohio has a Rubi with Black leather and no red dash (Silver)
Oh well....wasn't really a big deal either way.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Ooo, that is news! Doesn't surprise me, since Punk'n JLs all get a silver dash. I am a little disappointed, but the silver dash looks nice, so no biggie.

Got a link to that Ohio dealer?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I love that you called and I love that they did it. Thanks for solving the mystery.
problem solving at it's finest. At first I looked near me within 125 miles on jeep's website, 1 Punk'n Rubi but with tan cloth.

Then it dawned on me, why not check near the dang factory? did a 125 mile search on Toledo, and boom, Caldwell was the only dealer with Punk'n's (4 or 5 of em, sports and rubi's).

The guy on the phone (Xander I think was his name) was like "I think this might go kinda quick, its the first one I've seen". Well yea, its probably one of the first in the country dudeeeeee

Philo T

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubiccon 79 AMC CJ7
Haven't read all of these posts, but I bought a Firecracker Red Rubicon that screams it's identity. The red dash just goes with the program. I had a black over red 1968 Dodge Charger 440 6-pak for 29 years. My black over red Gladiator with a red dash just warms my heart. Love it.

RWerksman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ & 2020 JT Rubicon

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Just to be clear - those are the launch edition panels - black leather with the red stitching, correct?

I'm pretty sure it's cheaper here:
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-bezel-instrument-panel-6ac241r3aa
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-bezel-passenger-air-bag-6ac261r3ad
Yes and when I ordered them they were the cheapest now there are sets available for around 300 shipped that I have seen. The drivers side is on national back order now...
Sponsored