Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="Mkcagle, post: 373741, member: 23061"General consensus has been to use the Rubican front springs and Fox shocks on the front and just the a fox shocks on the rear.
Exactly what i did.
[/QUOTE]
Did doing this level out the JT since Rubicon suspension gives the Sport S about a 1.5" lift?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what i did.
Did doing this level out the JT since Rubicon suspension gives the Sport S about a 1.5" lift?
[/QUOTE]

doesn’t give 1.5” off lift for like anyone except apparently one person.
The rear stays basically the same with the spring swap but in the max tow trucks it’s generally accepted that the stock progressive springs are better then the rubicon springs.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that's what happened.
We measured before, and after from the bottom of the wheel (not tire) to the bottom of the fender. The diameter of the wheel didn't change, nor did the position of the fender on the body, the only change was the suspension. When we dropped the truck off the lift and it was back on the ground you could immediate see it. The amount of lift you get from this swap isn't an "always this amount" situation. Jeep doesn't have one set of springs for each model. My springs came off a hardtop steel bumper truck, and I have a soft top Sport S. If I had gotten the suspension from a soft top plastic bumper truck and installed it on a hard top model Sport I would have gotten less lift.
the truck my Rubi suspension came off was also factory hard top and steel bumper.
Your the only person I’ve seen reporting gains like that, nobody else even close especially with the rear. Mind posting a side shot of your truck?

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what i did.
[/QUOTE]
If you dont put the Rubi rear springs on it might, but you wont know till you take it off the hoist. My Rubi take-off added 1 1/8th inch in the front, and 1 1/4th inch in the back, so mine would have looked much more level. You need to find a take-off set that works for what you want. If you're looking for the most lift you want to find take-offs from a steel bumper hard top. If you have a hard top and you get a take-off set from a soft top plastic bumper truck you might only get a half inch lift. The real reason, for me, to do the swap was for the quality of the ride, my truck was killing my back, it drove down the road like a circus bounce house. With the Rubi suspension it handles bumps and potholes much smoother, it also doesn't wonder like it did with the Sport S suspension, I can drive it now with out having to constantly correct the steering wheel. There isn't a lot of technical information in this forum on doing the swap, (being that our truck has only been out a year), but if you go to the Wrangler forums there are tons of posts with info on spring rates and model specs pertaining to the way the different models are optioned out and how it will effect the swap.
Good luck, whether it levels your truck or not I still recommend the swap!

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the truck my Rubi suspension came off was also factory hard top and steel bumper.
Your the only person I’ve seen reporting gains like that, nobody else even close especially with the rear. Mind posting a side shot of your truck?
Sorry your having a hard time accepting this, but it did what it did... why would I lie about this?
Signed - that one guy

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap 20200620_094059

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry your having a hard time accepting this, but it did what it did...

View attachment 84649
Well then your special.. this isn’t an at all uncommon swap and nobody else has seen anything remotely close to your results. If it was a thing even more people would do it.

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well then your special.. this isn’t an at all uncommon swap and nobody else has seen anything remotely close to your results. If it was a thing even more people would do it.
Well, I guess you're the expert and wow! Look! My truck is now only sitting a half inch higher in the front and absolutely not any higher at all in the back, just by you saying it's so! lmfao.
I'd expect this kind of trolling on Facebook, wasnt expecting it here..
Good luck with that. Have a nice day.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I guess you're the expert and wow! Look! My truck is now only sitting a half inch higher in the front and absolutely not any higher at all in the back, just by you saying it's so! lmfao.
I'd expect this kind of trolling on Facebook, wasnt expecting it here..
Good luck with that. Have a nice day.
Please find me any other posts with other forum members getting what your getting out of Rubi take off’s. I’ll happily eat crow, but from my own experience and everything I’ve seen here, Facebook, and Reddit what you are seeing isn’t even remotely close to what everyone else is getting.

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please find me any other posts with other forum members getting what your getting out of Rubi take off’s. I’ll happily eat crow, but from my own experience and everything I’ve seen here, Facebook, and Reddit what you are seeing isn’t even remotely close to what everyone else is getting.
LMFAO I have to prove to you what?
Your experience is yours, mine is mine.
Because you havent had mine doesn't make my results not so.
This isn't an agree to disagree situation, it's an it is what it is situation, and that you cant accept it isn't on me, it's on you. Sorry to break that to you.
that you have to be a jerk about it is also on you, not me.
If this is the kind of logic you use on a daily basis I can only feel sorry for the people around you, it must be exhausting for them, fortunately, I'm not one of those people.
You dont like it, okay, or maybe your just having a bad day, I dont know.
Either way, oh well, it's not on me to fix it for you.
Good day.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LMFAO I have to prove to you what?
Your experience is yours, mine is mine.
Because you havent had mine doesn't make my results not so.
This isn't an agree to disagree situation, it's an it is what it is situation, and that you cant accept it isn't on me, it's on you. Sorry to break that to you.
that you have to be a jerk about it is also on you, not me.
If this is the kind of logic you use on a daily basis I can only feel sorry for the people around you, it must be exhausting for them, fortunately, I'm not one of those people.
You dont like it, okay, or maybe your just having a bad day, I dont know.
Either way, oh well, it's not on me to fix it for you.
Good day.
Wow... Just Wow...

I think maybe you should remove the stick from your backside. Your seeing results that nobody else is, but everyone doing this swap would like. You got some sort of secret sauce giving you more then I can find ANYONE ELSE ANYWHERE getting & I would just like to know what it is. I am not an expert at suspensions, but my google fu is masterful & what your getting is quite frankly outstanding compared to everyone else. Why not share the secret sauce with the community?

Sponsored

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow... Just Wow...

I think maybe you should remove the stick from your backside. Your seeing results that nobody else is, but everyone doing this swap would like. You got some sort of secret sauce giving you more then I can find ANYONE ELSE ANYWHERE getting & I would just like to know what it is. I am not an expert at suspensions, but my google fu is masterful & what your getting is quite frankly outstanding compared to everyone else. Why not share the secret sauce with the community?
Well, my friend, had you started the conversation with a question you may have gotten an answer that could possibly benefit you, but, no, you chose a different rout.
All the other people I've chatted with in this thread have been more than happy to discuss it, and I've shared with them what I've learned, found, and experienced.
You keep saying that everyone is getting something else?Well, I've followed this thread, its 3 pages long, so I dont know who your getting this vast expanse of knowledge from but it ain't here, so..
But, should you decide to do some research, there are plenty of Jeep forums discussing the spring rates of Rubis and Sports, the number of different springs that Jeep uses (7 different ones for the Rubi if I remember) on their different models, and the part numbers associated with them. Maybe if your not a jerk to those guys they will give you some pointers. That's what I did, and I got 1 1/8th inch of lift in the front and 1 1/4 inch of lift in the back on my truck. Sorry about yours.
But honestly, at this point, even tho your a fellow Jeep owner, the way you've acted toward me, simply because I posted something that's different than what you think you know, I wouldn't cross the street to explain your blinker fluid issue.
Good luck.

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my friend, had you started the conversation with a question you may have gotten an answer that could possibly benefit you, but, no, you chose a different rout.
All the other people I've chatted with in this thread have been more than happy to discuss it, and I've shared with them what I've learned, found, and experienced.
You keep saying that everyone is getting something else?Well, I've followed this thread, its 3 pages long, so I dont know who your getting this vast expanse of knowledge from but it ain't here, so..
But, should you decide to do some research, there are plenty of Jeep forums discussing the spring rates of Rubis and Sports, the number of different springs that Jeep uses (7 different ones for the Rubi if I remember) on there different models, and the part numbers associated with them. Maybe if your not a jerk to those guys they will give you some pointers. That's what I did, and I got 1 1/8th inch of lift in the front and 1 1/4 inch of lift in the back on my truck. Sorry about yours.
But honestly, at this point, even tho your a fellow Jeep owner, the way you've acted toward me, simply because I posted something that's different than what you think you know, I wouldn't cross the street to explain your blinker fluid issue.
Good luck.

Actually I started with a question trying to clarify your BS results. It was post 29 in this thread. I have also been quite polite & not responding in kind when both called me a troll & a jerk. Thankfully the forum has a built in Ignore feature. I would recommend you go ahead & use it. At this point I have so this will be the last of your post's I see.

For anyone else considering this. Do your own research as the information Jack'D has posted is not what you will likely get. He may be using some other hardware configuration, but since he isnt sharing the secret it might as well be a unicorn.

This is a great thread full of good info: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...between-sport-s-and-rubicon-suspension.17918/

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Actually I started with a question trying to clarify your BS results. It was post 29 in this thread. I have also been quite polite & not responding in kind when both called me a troll & a jerk. Thankfully the forum has a built in Ignore feature. I would recommend you go ahead & use it. At this point I have so this will be the last of your post's I see.

For anyone else considering this. Do your own research as the information Jack'D has posted is not what you will likely get. He may be using some other hardware configuration, but since he isnt sharing the secret it might as well be a unicorn.

This is a great thread full of good info: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...between-sport-s-and-rubicon-suspension.17918/
children, please calm down. The back and forth last several posts ... take that offline and direct message each other.

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
doesn’t give 1.5” off lift for like anyone except apparently one person.
The rear stays basically the same with the spring swap but in the max tow trucks it’s generally accepted that the stock progressive springs are better then the rubicon springs.
[/QUOTE]
Never did measure the difference when I swapped but definitely noticed it on stance and getting in and out.
Sponsored