Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Much better service then I got from Bestop. It took almost two months to get a small mounting plate and two screws for my tonneau that were missing. They told me about 5 times they would ship out the next day and never did. It literally took hours of phone calls (on hold for about 45 each time) and live chat to finally get the parts.
That sucks. Bestop is a well-known company. They should really know in the jeep community how quickly bad customer service circulates. Shame on them for not even trying to make it right.
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
That sucks. Bestop is a well-known company. They should really know in the jeep community how quickly bad customer service circulates. Shame on them for not even trying to make it right.
The funny thing is that I would have had no issue if their customer service reps were honest regarding the delay. I know crap happens. But, the fact that customer service repeatedly lied to me is unacceptable. At one point I was even told "they are pulling the part off the shelf as we speak and it will be shipped later today"..... NOT!

At this point, I could care less about whether they have a decent product or not. They pissed me off so much that I wil NEVER support them by buying another thing from them. There are plenty of aftermarket manufacturers out there.

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing is that I would have had no issue if their customer service reps were honest regarding the delay. I know crap happens. But, the fact that customer service repeatedly lied to me is unacceptable. At one point I was even told "they are pulling the part off the shelf as we speak and it will be shipped later today"..... NOT!

At this point, I could care less about whether they have a decent product or not. They pissed me off so much that I wil NEVER support them by buying another thing from them. There are plenty of aftermarket manufacturers out there.
I don't blame you at all!!!!

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
An update on the RR Tonneau cover issue. The new brackets showed up friday afternoon.. However, no instructions on what to do with them (an it wasn't very intuitive, at least for an electrical engineer :) ). Called RR and they had no idea where or how to install them, so the rep said that he would contact Extang as they make their tonneau covers for them (good to know). Not wanting to wait, I went to Extangs website and of course their instructions were the same as RR's for trucks with weldnuts. So I called them and after a few minutes, I had the new instructions emailed to me (still haven't heard from RR)
What a royal pain in the ass trying to get these brackets between the back of the cab and the front of the bed to hold the original brackets in place. Good lord. You could never install this with 1 person.
Here's the instructions and the finish product. Fits nice and fabric matches premimun soft top material vs vinyl finish
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues 1604165437618

RR tonneau cover.jpg

RR tonneau cover 2.jpg

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
An update on the RR Tonneau cover issue. The new brackets showed up friday afternoon.. However, no instructions on what to do with them (an it wasn't very intuitive, at least for an electrical engineer :) ). Called RR and they had no idea where or how to install them, so the rep said that he would contact Extang as they make their tonneau covers for them (good to know). Not wanting to wait, I went to Extangs website and of course their instructions were the same as RR's for trucks with weldnuts. So I called them and after a few minutes, I had the new instructions emailed to me (still haven't heard from RR)
What a royal pain in the ass trying to get these brackets between the back of the cab and the front of the bed to hold the original brackets in place. Good lord. You could never install this with 1 person.
Here's the instructions and the finish product. Fits nice and fabric matches premimun soft top material vs vinyl finish
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues RR tonneau cover 2
Please tell me those bolts are welded onto the brackets. Another question, I lost one of the M8 bolts in the body of the bed somewhere trying to rig it up. Do they supply you with new bolts?

Thanks again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me those bolts are welded onto the brackets. Another question, I lost one of the M8 bolts in the body of the bed somewhere trying to rig it up. Do they supply you with new bolts?

Thanks again.
The weld nuts are welded to the new brackets that go on the outside of the bed between the cab and the bed. The problem is trying to feed that bracket between the bed and cab. There is very little space to get them in position and you have to try and hold them with your finger and thumb while trying to thread the bolt through the bracket on the inside of the bed, through the holes and then into the bracket on the outside. It sucks.
The bracket kit RR sent me, did include all new bolts. Not sure if that was due to me complaining because the original fastener kit that was supplied with the tonneau cover was missing hardware from the beginning ( i had no bolts to hold the rear brackets in place). If you call RR and tell them you need the new front brackets, also ask them to send you a replacement hardware package.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Where the heck did you get the AMC Jeep emblem?
And how can I get one?

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues RR tonneau cover

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I had this challenge back when I bought my RR top, I sent the RR top back and I ordered the Mopar Tonneau Cover Part#82216371AA last week - the cover was "development" for some time, but now you can order them from/at the dealership. It appears most Jeep dealerships have a 15% off coupon for Mopar parts that expires in December 2020, my dealership honored it. Mine came in yesterday and I just dropped of my JT to get it installed.

I don't have a rivet gun, or have the patience anymore as I experience the same thing as the OP experienced. I was scratching my head as to why my JT didn't have bulkhead threading as documented in the the install instructions provided by RR (and Mopar, and ExTang). I thought I was crazy! lol

I wish Jeep would do a better job communicating the bulk head change so that way people wont waste time buying trying to install it and then packing it back up and sending it back, and wasting vendors time and resources.

15% coupon attached - also, saved on shipping as well ordering from the dealer so at least that was good :)

Post to my thread below as well.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-left-and-right-side-threading-missing.35210/

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues Screenshot 2020-11-04 085044

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Technical Implementation Engineer
Do mine look ok for mounting? There are several holes with threads front, back, and side, just need to find out their size and use a tap to clean out factory bedliner I guess.

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Do mine look ok for mounting? There are several holes with threads front, back, and side, just need to find out their size and use a tap to clean out factory bedliner I guess.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues IMG_3521.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Tonneau cover install issues IMG_3521.JPG
you have the one threaded hole in the front. You’ll be ok with the hardware that comes with the cover. You’ll only have to use the expandable nut in the top hole.
For the rear, you have to cut out those trapezoid pieces above your led light. You just trace the lines that are etched in already and it exposes two threaded holes that will mount a bracket where the lever will latch into
Sponsored