First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
That’s funny, I got tired of waiting for their backordered parts which is what caused me to buy the Rusty’s springs anyways. Last week I bought the rear bar from a guy on here for 215 shipped. Clayton is the best company I’ll never buy from 😂
I just got a dismissive reply from them when I questioned the massive increase..... nope, not a chance I would buy from them
Rustys customer service was stellar..... hope they create a new bar
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I have the
Wow what an amazing lift. Gave me a bit over 4" and easily clears the 37's...
I come from a background of road course corvettes, but I can't break old habits so I drive my 23 JTRD like a sportscar, love the serpentine road going into the base i woek on
... this lift made the platform solid and fun... cannot say enough good about it....was easy to install too...
considering doing it to my wife's 21 JLURD when I can afford it and get rid of the crap skyjacker...
The only complaint is the complete eversight on the rear track bar. They could have bent it like Clayton did to accommodate the larger tires people are guaranteed to put on with a 4" lift
We live in the desert so we wheel a lot...
20230211_130148.jpg
20230211_130506.jpg
20230225_130437-1.jpg
I have the Clayton Offroad Overland Plus kit-- 2.5" diesel specific kit with 37s, which easily clears the tires. Not sure why you'd be concerned clearing with a 4" lift... unless the offset on your rims is too narrow?!?

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I have the

I have the Clayton Offroad Overland Plus kit-- 2.5" diesel specific kit with 37s, which easily clears the tires. Not sure why you'd be concerned clearing with a 4" lift... unless the offset on your rims is too narrow?!?
I suppose you would have had to been in other conversations regarding this subject, was told by others (mostly Clayton users) that Rustys wasn't good and the quality wasn't there. They were completely wrong.... for clearance, there is more than just riding over the curb in the mall parking lot, the trail clearance is important in the lift .... on bushings this clears just a hair under 35" to the very bottom of the 37" tire.... maybe more with 35's. But I run 37's

Jeep Gladiator Rusty's 4" lift WOW... easily clears the 37's 20230304_105259

Jeep Gladiator Rusty's 4" lift WOW... easily clears the 37's 20230304_101803

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I had some Rusty’s track bars come apart on the trail several years ago…so you don’t see anything that would scream at you, cheap?

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I had some Rusty’s track bars come apart on the trail several years ago…so you don’t see anything that would scream at you, cheap?
"Some" meaning more than one? Stuff is beefy and heavy.....

I had the entire fuel system, front to rear self destruct in my 22 JTRD, I now wheel a 23 JTRD.... shit happens sometines outside the control of the manufacturer, the 23 has been without problems... all the other complaints I heard were "my friend said", you're the first to say they had an issue.... sorry that happened bit so far I'm very pleased with it and will likely get one for the wife's 21 JLURD

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, both front and rear track bars came apart on the same trail. They had been on there about 4 years. Still, I was surprised.

Glad to hear of your experiences. I am open to considering them again!

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Yeah, both front and rear track bars came apart on the same trail. They had been on there about 4 years. Still, I was surprised.

Glad to hear of your experiences. I am open to considering them again!
I complained in the forum about the lack of bend in the track bar for the larger tires, Rusty himself contacted me and offered to build me a bar....

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Same happened too me on a 99' WJ about 13 years ago. I replaced it with a JKS bar and all was well after that. I was lucky I was wheeling with other people who could help me get the bar welded back together to get me home

At the time the lift kit was around $700 so I wasn't surprised that something failed on the trails I was wheeling

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I complained in the forum about the lack of bend in the track bar for the larger tires, Rusty himself contacted me and offered to build me a bar....
You can’t beat that!!

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Same happened too me on a 99' WJ about 13 years ago. I replaced it with a JKS bar and all was well after that. I was lucky I was wheeling with other people who could help me get the bar welded back together to get me home

At the time the lift kit was around $700 so I wasn't surprised that something failed on the trails I was wheeling
I had purchased primarily due to price also! Sounds like things may have changed.

Sponsored

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I had purchased primarily due to price also! Sounds like things may have changed.
I might give Rusty's another try someday. I took that Grand Cherokee through some crazy stuff and what failed was a weld that held the nut to the threaded part of the bar allowing it to pull apart. After my brother in law welded it back together it would have probably lasted me many more years but I was in the mood to replace it and did

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Welds are what failed on mine…

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Welds are what failed on mine…
These look like machine welds on my kit... I wish I had taken pics of the packaging, I have never gotten anything as well packed .... each type of componant (e.g. upper front control arms) was in its own labeled box, wrapped in thick plastic and each box was foam filled.... took longer to unpack than install it. lol

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s good to hear!

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
These look like machine welds on my kit... I wish I had taken pics of the packaging, I have never gotten anything as well packed .... each type of componant (e.g. upper front control arms) was in its own labeled box, wrapped in thick plastic and each box was foam filled.... took longer to unpack than install it. lol
Glad to hear they’re working with you on the track bar. Had I not gotten one from a member here for 100 dollars cheaper I would’ve been in the same boat as you. Although I did not buy the Rusty’s lift, I did get my front springs in the mail and they look great. I’ll be installing my lift on Monday or Tuesday, so I’ll update with how that goes.
Sponsored