Sponsored

Rusty's Off-road 2" Lift

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
@Scruf any update on the settled springs? I have a steel bumper and winch and am wondering if I will try to keep the 1" terafelx spacer with this lift.

Also for you or anyone else in this thread, what about bump stops? At full flex with 35s are you hitting the fenders without adding bump stop? With just a 1" spacer up front and 33s I added bump stop but I dont see anything mentioned in this kit, MOPARs, or Claytons new 2.5.
Sponsored

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
Edited for anyone who reads this in the future. Rear of the hardtop is 75 3/8".
Great information here and my apologies for kicking up an old thread. I am hoping that Scruf will provide us another review after having this setup for awhile now.

I have a 2021 Overland with the ecodiesel and I’m also leaning towards the Rusty’s 2 1/2” kit over the Mopar lift. I just have a couple of questions.

Though I want a set of 35’s with this setup I just purchased a set of 34” Toyo AT3‘s. I’d prefer to run these until needing replaced. Is this going to look bad with the lift?

I see that Rusty offers their X800 shocks and I’ve also heard that these are made by Eibach. Would these be as good or better than the Fox 2.0 with this lift?

I’m currently running just a Teraflex 1 1/2” spacer level in the front and Rubicon take off Fox Shocks. Trying to gain a bit more clearance for an upcoming Moab trip.

Last edited:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Running the Teraflex 1.5” up front on my Rubi. Plan to keep it with this kit and add a 3/4” spacer to the rear. Ordered the Rusty’s 2inch on March 14. It has not shipped and no ETA. gonna follow up Monday. Will post once I get it. I went with Teraflex bump stops for 37” tires. They are about 1.5” longer than stock. I’m going with Rusty’s 2” shock spacers to keep the Rubi Fox shocks. We’ll see how that works out.

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Great information here and my apologies for kicking up an old thread. I am hoping that Scruf will provide us another review after having this setup for awhile now.

I have a 2021 Overland with the ecodiesel and I’m also leaning towards the Rusty’s 2 1/2” kit over the Mopar lift. I just have a couple of questions.

Though I want a set of 35’s with this setup I just purchased a set of 34” Toyo AT3‘s. I’d prefer to run these until needing replaced. Is this going to look bad with the lift?

I see that Rusty offers their X800 shocks and I’ve also heard that these are made by Eibach. Would these be as good or better than the Fox 2.0 with this lift?

I’m currently running just a Teraflex 1 1/2” spacer level in the front and Rubicon take off Fox Shocks. Trying to gain a bit more clearance for an upcoming Moab trip.
Hey, sorry for the delayed response. I have about 5k miles on the Rusty's lift. No issues so far. Still very pleased with it. I added a front bumper and winch, which dropped the front end a little less than 1/2".

One thing to consider is that the diesel engine weighs more than the gas motor. So you may want to check with Rusty's to see if they have diesel specific front springs. If not, the extra weight it going to sag the front end and you probably won't get the same amount of lift.

I have the Fox 2.0 shocks and have been pleased. I can't comment on the Rusty's shocks.

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I spoke to the representative at Rusty’s and they mentioned that they have different springs for the diesel but you need to let them know that you want them.

I ended up installing a Teraflex 2 1/2” front coils and a 1/2” rear spacer. I too have the Mopar steel bumper and winch. After a couple of days they dropped 1/2” so today I plan to install the 1” Teraflex spacer that I previously used and swap the rear spacers to a 3/4” Daystar.

I did order spring correction front pads, front and rear shock extensions and a adjustable front trackbar from Rusty’s. I’m waiting on the longer Mopar front lower control arms to arrive but the Jeep drives pretty good as is.
This combination will give me a level stance and looks good with the 34” tires. I’ll get 37’s when they need replaced.
Jeep Gladiator Rusty's Off-road 2"  Lift F2861A76-824E-4014-B17C-15F008E46EF4

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
3weeks since I ordered and still waiting. Telling me 3-4 weeks. Sunday will be 4 weeks.

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
Update to my Teraflex lift. I added the 1” spacer to compensate for the winch and diesel weight. I’m pretty satisfied with the look. I do intend to move up to 37’s when the tires need replaced.
Jeep Gladiator Rusty's Off-road 2"  Lift E7F8F20F-1F40-473F-A637-1BDCAEC9CA4B

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
3weeks since I ordered and still waiting. Telling me 3-4 weeks. Sunday will be 4 weeks.
Now over 5 weeks. Saying it will be a couple days.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
Tomorrow is 6 weeks. Rusty says should Be soon.
I see nothing has changed. I ordered a small part from them years ago. Paid extra to have it expedited so it could be here and installed for a weekend trip. Never showed and we had to leave without installing. Ended up having to have a $400 trac bar installed while on the road. Then ended up in a screaming match with Rusty because he didn’t want to refund me

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got UPS shipping notification. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday!!

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s here!

Last edited:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, can't wait to hear what you think of it.
looks beefy. Not seeing any instructions / starter measurements for control arms. Maybe my googling skills are lacking? Did you have rough, get you started control arm measurements or instructions from Rusty's. Just wondering. Emailing them now too. thanks
Sponsored