Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Which piece?
The inside section of the skid....it can't be put into position because it contacts the gas tank. There isn't enough room between the lca bracket and gas tank.

I went with Rock Hard because of reading about issues with Rustys. Damnit. Even the bolt they supplied hits the tank. Will need 5 washers if I can somehow cut down the LCA to not hit the tank.

Jeep Gladiator Rusty's vs Rock Hard - frame side rear control arm skids Screenshot_20221113-195033_Gallery

Jeep Gladiator Rusty's vs Rock Hard - frame side rear control arm skids Screenshot_20221113-170633_Gallery
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Ecidiego sucks you are having problems , I have had the Rusty’s from 9/2021, went on hard but no cutting or anything , and am impressed with how solid they are , I considered other brands but preferred the Rusty’s setup using factory bolt and have two more bolts, wish they powder coated them, but paint is working out ok.
I am all over the place with skids, Rusty’s LCA, Dana diff. Covers, Rock Hard’s rear control arm and shock skids, SkidRow exhaust loop, Artec FAD skid and planning on a New Venture belly skid. If you are having second thoughts sell the ones ya got and get a set of Rusty’s….Jack

Partysub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 sting gray mojave
The inside section of the skid....it can't be put into position because it contacts the gas tank. There isn't enough room between the lca bracket and gas tank.

I went with Rock Hard because of reading about issues with Rustys. Damnit. Even the bolt they supplied hits the tank. Will need 5 washers if I can somehow cut down the LCA to not hit the tank.

Jeep Gladiator Rusty's vs Rock Hard - frame side rear control arm skids Screenshot_20221113-170633_Gallery

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just gave up trying to install these. I started with the passenger side with the gas tank and the only way I can kinda get it lined up is to use a floor jack and lift the whole truck with it. I managed to get the skid on but the provided barrel spacer sticks out about a half inch even when bottomed out on the factory control arm bracket and once you add the big black washer there is zero room to fit the nut without jamming it into the gas tank skid.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Did you ever find a solution to this? I just gave up trying to install these. I started with the passenger side with the gas tank and the only way I can kinda get it lined up is to use a floor jack and lift the whole truck with it. I managed to get the skid on but the provided barrel spacer sticks out about a half inch even when bottomed out on the factory control arm bracket and once you add the big black washer there is zero room to fit the nut without jamming it into the gas tank skid.

I ended up cutting it down to fit. 0 interference now. Lame, but doesn't effect the protection.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the info. So much for a simple bolt on. I saw you also cut the bolt down, did you cut the barrel spacer too?
No...just like 3 threads off the bolt.
Sponsored