Sadly moved on

1. bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JTR
    Liked:
    If you don't need a Gladiator there are plenty of alternatives that have 4 tires and a bed that are available now.

If you need a Gladiator or truly want the features that one entails, you simply have no other choice but to wait or buy one off the lot.

Neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my arm, I could not care less.

I had a guy on another forum who was absolutely convinced that there was no practical or perceptible difference between a Tacoma/Ranger/Canyon/Frontier and a Gladiator other than the gladiator was more money. I think at the end of the day, it was just too much money for him (and it is good that he recognizes that) but just talked himself in circles until he lost view of what a Gladiator is.

It is a unique vehicle without peers. There are other vehicles that do different things better, but none of them on the American market have the feature set or capabilities of a Gladiator.

Raptor pfffftttttt! People chip on FCA about reliability and cam phaser/ timing chain issues in 3.5 EB are painfully common. It is generally accepted that the turbo set will throw 7's at or about 100k miles (meaning before it's paid off for most people. Canyon? LOL, they named it appropriately, because you can't see shit out of it much like you are in a canyon all the time.

I'm not chipping at people for their choices, they are theirs not mine. But buying a Raptor or Canyon when you want a Gladiator is like going to the store for toilet paper and coming home with a roll of masking tape instead.

2. IceAge

IceAge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Garey
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
    Liked:
    I can honestly say the Jeep Gladiator is the baddest ass truck ever for me and I have owned so many I’d bore you on my list. The Gladiator gets incredible attention and respect like no other truck I have ever owned and even I am amazed. And she is not a JL either she’s a TRUCK.

3. 5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    100% Jeep. 100% Truck. Wins Everytime.

Sure you can drive you a better truck; still not a jeep.

Sure you can drive some jeep; it still ain't a truck.

Certainly you can drive you a Jeep truck; no Compar-o.

Limitless, Jeepdude413 and TheITGuy like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Bt_okst

Bt_okst Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Trd pro
    Liked:
    #34 Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Sorry guys. The raptor makes the gladiator pedestrian at best. Keep your delusional views alive though. But not sorry one bit I moved on.

Love the insults as they are both so mature and spot on, not, but I wont stoop and reciprocate. Again hope everyone loves their vehicle, I'm happy to be in mine.

Limitless likes this.
  5. IceAge

IceAge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Garey
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
    Liked:
    First and foremost congrats on one of the nicest trucks in the market and sorry if any here made you feel like we are not excited for you. I am and keep in mind your in the Gladiator forum so your gonna get a little not so much excited on your decision. Being s former Raptor owner I can say wow she’s an awesome truck and really can’t compare this to the Gladiator. Hope The best for you and I may pickup the GT 500 motor option so see you in the Raptor forum next year.

Limitless and Bt_okst like this.
  6. 5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I wasn't joking! You drive a better truck, just like many people who drive much better trucks.

7. Kjm18

Kjm18 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle(s):
    Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
    Liked:
    Attorney
    I don't care what truck you drive. I like competition and I hope Ford makes even more competitors for the Jeep so they continue to push to be better. So, congrats on the new ride.

That said, it's comical that you think the Raptor makes the Gladiator look pedestrian. I have an almost fully loaded Rubicon and there is nothing pedestrian about it. Drove by a Raptor this morning in slow traffic and could clearly tell the guy was jealous. The Sting-Gray is a great color. I'd be happy with a Raptor too, but calling the Gladiator pedestrian is just as immature as the other people tossing insults.

Limitless and Hootbro like this.
  8. Limitless

Limitless Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Dragonfly JTR 6spd
    Liked:
    #38 Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Congrats on your Raptor. I was hopeful for an early 2018 release.
    I too was impatient and sprung for a Velociraptor (Trackhawk).
    And as you said, when time is right you may find yourself in a Gladiator.
    You don't have to defend your decisions to none.

9. TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Memphis
    Vehicle(s):
    Tesla M3P, Jeep JTR
    Liked:
    VP of sales at America’s largest solar company
    Could not have worded it any better

Adios, Bro!

10. Airmousam

Airmousam Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    Liked:
    I’ve seen this on every car/truck forum I’ve ever been on...guy moves on to another vehicle, people throw mild insults at him, cause it’s a brand/model specific forum....OP gets his panties in a bunch then gradually moves to how his new car or truck is better every way, and ends up looking like an idiot in the process....never fails to entertain...

11. BullDogge

BullDogge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nope
    Vehicle(s):
    JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
    Liked:
    Raptors have their place. They are fun trucks for sure. Been out for awhile, if it's what I wanted I would have one. Jeep truck is a whole different animal. Many different reasons for owning one vs all the other trucks that have been made for years. It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand.

MF Comics likes this.
  12. MF Comics

MF Comics Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    '07 A4 Quattro
    Liked:
    giphy (14).gif