Sadly moved on

1. SandSurfer

SandSurfer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 JKU, soon to be Hydro Blue 2020 Gladiator Rubicon!!!!
    Liked:
    Is your Gladiator on the stock Rubi suspension, and are those 37's? BTW, it looks awesome!

2. IceAge

IceAge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Garey
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
    Liked:
    Rough country 2 1/2 lift with shock extension to fit the the 37s and thank you.

SandSurfer likes this.
  3. lrtexasman

lrtexasman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    Tahoe
    Liked:
    #18 Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I am in the same boat. The AT4 will be out sooner, just pushed back to model year 2020 so you won't get the 2019 rebates right of the bat (discounts running around 12k right now). They will hit the dealership in the next two months. I looked at ordering a GMC SLE diesel Z71 crew on friday, I was told 8 week delivery wait. The diesel is a 3.0 turbo straight six, 277 HP with 460 lb ft torque, payload estimated to be over 2k, legitimate tow rating of 9300 lbs with rear lockers, and factory trailer brakes, lol. Oh yeah, the highway mileage is expected to hit around 30 MPG. If I can get a GMC SLE X31 or Silverado RST Crew Z71 diesel 4x4 for the same price or less than a max tow Sport S, I will.

4. ACAD_Cowboy

ACAD_Cowboy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Francis
    Vehicle(s):
    15 jkur
    Liked:
    The raptato isn’t a bad choice, it just does different things. As long as you are happy that’s what’s important.

5. LowOnCash

LowOnCash Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Gladiator
    Liked:
    While they are both great trucks - the major difference is the Ford just looks like a pickup and the Jeep looks bad to the bone!

Good luck with your new wheels - let us know what you like and dislike.

Mike

ButWhatDoIKnow likes this.
  6. WXman

WXman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator
    Liked:
    Meteorology and Transportation
    Well, it has 350 lbs. more towing than my Gladiator, and 311 lbs. less payload than my Gladiator, so when I look at that Raptor I don't see "way more vehicle". But......every guy has different needs! Good luck!

7. OP
    OP
    Bt_okst

Bt_okst Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Trd pro
    Liked:
    Drive one, its twice the vehicle. More comfort, better ride, more amenities. I could go on and on. But hey enjoy!

8. RenegadeBI

RenegadeBI New Member

First Name:
    Ren
    Vehicle(s):
    2007 Suburban
    Liked:
    They're only fat in the AM!

Hootbro likes this.
  9. SurfingMD

SurfingMD New Member

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL/2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quad/ 2017 Genesis G90
    Liked:
    Sad to say but I went a similar, less expensive route. After dealing with delusional Denver dealerships, the inability to get what I wanted and the inflated pricing, I chose a Midnight Edition Colorado. $46K list with every option for $38K. Chevy dealership also gave me $1500 more for my JL trade. So for $51K I got a new truck and the nicest 04 Lexus SC with 42k miles. The price of the Overland I wanted. Moral of the story. I can live without the JT and they lost a 23 year Jeep customer and I got my convertible.

93053833-6ADD-4E23-A5DB-B830CE57CB7B.png

271F06FA-AB26-4DA7-8CD1-41CE5300D095.jpeg

5JeepsAz and lrtexasman like this.
  10. lrtexasman

lrtexasman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    Tahoe
    Liked:
    No interest in the baby Duramax?

11. MPETE

MPETE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 Wrangler Sport, 2013 F150 PLatinum 6.2
    Liked:
    F*rd parts guy
    It also has A WHOLE LOT MORE POWER than a Gladiator, is as spacious as a limo inside compared to the JT, and weighs about the same.
    I personally would MUCH rather have the Gladiator, but ya gotta see things for what they are. The Raptor is simply an amazing vehicle and realistically is only outdone by the Gladiator in off road ability due to size.

12. Wimankid

Wimankid New Member

Vehicle(s):
    2010 GT500, 2013 Rubicon, 2016 STI all manuals
    Liked:
    I'm sadly thinking about doing the same. Been waiting to order a Gladiator - granite crystal metallic rubicon, but unable to do so with all the Jeep operational issues on option availability. Now looking to keep my 2013 JK rubicon and get more truck for the money with the Raptor. Pricing for optioned JT rubicon like I want it is not far from the price for super cab Raptor. In the end, maybe the best of all worlds - keep the manual rubicon for top & door off fun and have the Raptor for more overall use and towing boats.

13. Hootbro

Hootbro Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    I think anybody that truly was down for getting a Gladiator will get one and find a way. No obstacle already mentioned was insurmountable other than lack of will power and patience.

Limitless and lrtexasman like this.
  14. bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JTR
    Liked:
    But muh immediate gratification though!

"I couldn't get what i wanted, so I got something different and convinced myself that it is the same!"

15. Hootbro

Hootbro Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    Pretty much how their posts read to me. I do not truly begrudge them on their choice as it is a free country and all, but nothing stated by those who went with something else were stricken with nothing other than a lack of patience. I get it, I was on the razors edge myself and almost went with a new JL, but having waiting for this for basically the last 3 years with the JT being a heavy rumor to a now actual vehicle, I was not going to let impatience get the best of me while I waited for my order to be built and eventually delivered.

Limitless likes this.