Sponsored

Score your Gladiator. How capable is the Gladiator with...

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
How capable is the Gladiator with...
  • 80th edition (Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential)
  • Diesel
  • Mopar lift
  • 13.5"x37"s
  • Rockslide sliders
  • American Adventure inner liners
  • Warn winch (got it after getting stuck in the mud, no fun!!!)
I've been out only twice - stuck in the mud in Utah, Mud is bad! 😂
And I've been out in Cleghorn California, was concerned about some of those hills, but it did ok without the mopar lift

Simple 1-5 score:
I am guessing a 3.5?

Note: Simply requesting a sense of capability from veterans
Sponsored

Last edited:

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
I would say you’re a 3.5 assuming you have more recovery gear than just the winch. Without the lift your not using the full range of tire/articulation. With that I would say a 4 with the addition of a lift and then 4.5 if you add lockers.

What this comparison/rating lacks is the driver component. A 5 driver in a 3 truck can outperform a 3 driver in a 5 truck. At least in my opinion

OP
OP

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
I would say you’re a 3.5 assuming you have more recovery gear than just the winch. Without the lift your not using the full range of tire/articulation. With that I would say a 4 with the addition of a lift and then 4.5 if you add lockers.

What this comparison/rating lacks is the driver component. A 5 driver in a 3 truck can outperform a 3 driver in a 5 truck. At least in my opinion
Okay thanks @FitfulGoat . I have the mopar lift now - so hopefully that will help. And yes, I purchased soft shackles and a few recovery straps. So sounds like to round it out, it would be nice to have locker. Any advise on lockers, brands?

By the way the 80th edition comes with Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential - looks like that might work for the rear

OP
OP

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
5 out 5... mostly cause it's much capable than I am. JTR Clayton lift on 37s.
Are you saying your truck is a 5/5? If so what lift do you have? And do you have lockers?

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD

You have a winch. A winch always pegs you out.

Without winch, I’d say 3ish.
Solid 4 if you had lockers and perhaps additional skids to protect exposed diesel parts/bits.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Okay thanks @FitfulGoat . I have the mopar lift now - so hopefully that will help. And yes, I purchased soft shackles and a few recovery straps. So sounds like to round it out, it would be nice to have locker. Any advise on lockers, brands?

By the way the 80th edition comes with Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential - looks like that might work for the rear
The trac-lok is great and plenty capable. A front locker could be nice but I think the other question here is how necessary is having a 5/5 rig… you’re probably more than capable enough to handle 90% of the trails out there and the other 10% I’d likely pick a different rig for.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
5/5, I’ve been to the top of the mall parking garage and back down, without even using my lockers.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Help me out here. Where are you running? The mall parking lot or a 30 degree incline with boulders.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Help me out here. Where are you running? The mall parking lot or a 30 degree incline with boulders.
You talking to me? I’m not sure your question here then. Are you asking where I took that?

OP
OP

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect

You have a winch. A winch always pegs you out.

Without winch, I’d say 3ish.
Solid 4 if you had lockers and perhaps additional skids to protect exposed diesel parts/bits.
Makes 100% sense, thanks for the feedback

OP
OP

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
The trac-lok is great and plenty capable. A front locker could be nice but I think the other question here is how necessary is having a 5/5 rig… you’re probably more than capable enough to handle 90% of the trails out there and the other 10% I’d likely pick a different rig for.
Think that is basically what I am looking for - figure about 70% coverage/ability for the truck is enough for me 👍🏽