Sponsored

See any Gladiators in the wild?

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Someone purchased a black one in my neighborhood a month or so ago. Wonder if they'd notice if I swapped my JKUR for their Gladiator... :)
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I'm just curious because I'm not too young, what is the two finger sign in you avatar? Gang sign; Satan horns; something else?
Rock on or devil's horns hand are a general symbol of rock and roll and heavy metal culture.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
The other day I was tracked down by a red Rubicon JT at Target...we talked for a few seconds then had to get some shopping done before the kiddo lost his mind. That same night I went to the local Safeway and saw another JT at the end of the parking lot with it's lights on, but didn't have time to go say hi.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
My local dealer apparently sold a hydro blue Sport S last week as I've seen it driving around town several times. My hydro blue Rubicon should arrive any day now and a friend of mine is thinking about getting a hydro blue as well. We may very well have three blue Gladiators running around our small town soon (about 9000 residents with low population density for 50-60 miles in every direction). I saw a red one once last summer, but that's the only other Gladiator I've seen in the wild around here. My local dealer has a nice Punk'n Rubicon sitting out front and a Gobi in transit, so more may join the sea of blue before too long ...

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
About six weeks in, I have yet to see another Gladiator outside of dealerships. I saw one back in July in Littleton, Colorado. I took a pic of it. funny--it looks exactly like mine does now.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
About six weeks in, I have yet to see another Gladiator outside of dealerships. I saw one back in July in Littleton, Colorado. I took a pic of it. funny--it looks exactly like mine does now.
LOL! I was in Littleton in July as well... I saw a scrambler and 2 gladiators on my way in from the airport! The dealer there had about 20 on the lot when I was back in town in October. There was one on display at RedRocks.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! I was in Littleton in July as well... I saw a scrambler and 2 gladiators on my way in from the airport! The dealer there had about 20 on the lot when I was back in town in October. There was one on display at RedRocks.
I have 120 acres of mountain land near Fairplay. In July, I drove my younger son out there to do our annual trip out there with my brother and nephew, for whom it is the highlight of the year. I left my 2007 H3 out there with my uncle in Littleton, as I was coming back in October to hunt for two weeks and wanted to use it for that. My soon-to-be-ex-wife handed me the divorce papers 12 hours after my son and I got back from the July trip. Long story short, I needed to sell my GMC Sierra and deliver by October 30 the H3 (in her name) to her, and I needed a new vehicle. At the Littleton dealer (where I sold the Sierra), I looked at the Gladiator Rubis, but they all were $63K+. So, coming back from Colorado, I drove to my brother's place in Lawrence, to stop for the night and spend time with his family. As I was exiting I-70 into Lawrence, the front end started grinding, and I found out the next day that, due to the GM strike, the mechanic could not get the necessary part for two weeks. I also had looked at Rubi Gladiators in N. Virginia, but they, also, were over $60K. So, with all of the hunting gear and rifles, etc. …, I didn't fly back home, but rented a Kia Sorrento and headed back to Virginia. Stayed that night in Evansville. Then, I had an epiphany. I looked at the Jeep dealers in Evansville, but there was nothing I wanted. So, I looked down the road, and found my JTR at a Louisville dealer for only $45K. I prearranged as much as I could and bought it in only about an hour; ditched the rental; and drove it home. I got in to the Mimslynn Inn in Luray, VA to stop for the night and stayed at one of their cottages. I got in at 11pm, and an hour later, saw something out of the corner of my eye, and it was a 7-ft-long black snake entering the room. Propped open the door and hoped to use a coat hanger or something to prod it out, but it disappeared. Got another cottage and headed home with the new JTR in the morning. Fun stuff.

Most of the JTRs are loaded. This one has everything I wanted and nothing more.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one I saw in Littleton:

N3l0144.jpg

This is mine after putting new wheels and tires on. Didn't realize how similar they looked until later:

Sp75AsV.jpg

The painted fenders are better on the other one, but WTH.

Last edited:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. I got in to the Mimslynn Inn in Luray, VA to stop for the night and stayed at one of their cottages. I got in at 11pm, and an hour later, saw something out of the corner of my eye, and it was a 7-ft-long black snake entering the room. Propped open the door and hoped to use a coat hanger or something to prod it out, but it disappeared. Got another cottage and headed home with the new JTR in the morning. Fun stuff.
Wow - I think I would have checked out and just kept on driving!

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Wow - I think I would have checked out and just kept on driving!
Black snakes are harmless to humans. It was probably in search of a warm place for overnight stay.

If you are in the presence of black snakes, then two things are for sure:
1) no Copperheads are nearby and...
2) no rodents are, either.

I hate rodents.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black snakes are harmless to humans. It was probably in search of a warm place for overnight stay.

If you are in the presence of black snakes, then two things are for sure:
1) no Copperheads are nearby and...
2) no rodents are, either.

I hate rodents.
The problem is they are all looking for the warm place for the night... in the dark curled up under your covers with you, you’re not going to know if it’s that harmless Black snake or something else!

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is they are all looking for the warm place for the night... in the dark curled up under your covers with you, you’re not going to know if it’s that harmless Black snake or something else!
Right, It was late, I had been driving for 10 hours (plus a vehicle purchase), and I didn't complain, but said that I would like a different cottage and that I wasn't afraid of the snake, but I didn't want to wake up with him cuddling up with me for warmth.

I was reading the JT Manual for the first time when the snake came in from the other room.

The next day, when I was home, they must have found the snake, and they called me and comped the stay.

This is the stock vehicle in the snake parking area:

DGh9qdo.jpg

It has grown just a bit since then:

Sp75AsV.jpg

TheProfessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland - Gobi
Last week I passed a Gladiator on my right and then not even thirty seconds later another Gladiator passed us on the other side of the road. They both looked like Gators. These were #7 and 8 I've seen in the wild (here in Colorado). Saw #9 yesterday, so am about to hit double digits with sightings in our area.

But I have friends and family in other parts of the country who tell me they've never seen one on the road yet....except for the Bill Murray Groundhog Day commercial. Any one else not seen any others on the road? Or seen lots?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
At gas station
647C026B-664F-4E89-A38A-A19045C7E31E.jpeg

Saw this same one when I was taking
my JKU to the car wash before trading it in. Took it as a sign. Talked to the owner at the gas station.
E6443722-43D4-4D20-BA19-8D7D4F95C44A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: