First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Just picked up the JTRD and after 60 miles on the highway I got the dreaded service DEF notification at my second stop light after the highway. Truck completely shut off and shifter started blinking requiring me to put it in park and restart. It came on one more time over the next mile and went away. Started it up a couple more times when I got home and no notification. 30 degrees and snowing out but should be a freezing issues after driving 60 highway miles? Maybe a bad sensor?
A39F28CD-C142-4FF5-8DED-F0F8FDF62D8F.jpeg
Check your fuses and relays.
If they are all seated well, I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I don't think I've heard of anybody that had it completely shut off on them.....especially if you weren't given the "mile count down" warning.. Suppose it could have been a software glitch, or a sensor error. Judging by what a lot of us have been told, I'm guessing if you don't have an active code the dealer isn't gonna be able to find anything either. I'd definitely make sure you notify your dealer so there is a record of it happening.
Sponsored

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
Check your fuses and relays.
If they are all seated well, I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I don't think I've heard of anybody that had it completely shut off on them.....especially if you weren't given the "mile count down" warning.. Suppose it could have been a software glitch, or a sensor error. Judging by what a lot of us have been told, I'm guessing if you don't have an active code the dealer isn't gonna be able to find anything either. I'd definitely make sure you notify your dealer so there is a record of it happening.
Ditto what @Island Gladiator said about the fuses. When i picked up my JTOD last week, we did a fuse check. Probably half were able to be seated just a bit more.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
2/3rds were not seated. :headbang:
Please keep us posted, wondering if some cases are due to a sequence started from a loose fuse which if not caught early enough, leads to the rinse & repeat cycle some are experiencing.

jwrigh64

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7
I noticed when I dropped my son off at school this morning a lag in acceleration around 20-30mph that felt like lurching (transmission) or bad diesel (dealer filled it up for me). After seating the fuses I took it for a spin and it was super smooth. Fingers crossed it’s just a couple gremlins from the fuses that go away.

Sponsored

jwrigh64

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7
Just happened again. Driving errands doing great. Get to a light and switching through screens on instrument panel. Stop on start stop as it’s only activated once while I was driving. Start to accelerate left to turn at light and vehicle is limping. In short fashion I get a service Start/Stop message, Service DEF system message and service electronic throttle switch. Pull into center lane and start/stop system says it needs to be turned off and back on. Then get low oil pressure alert. Turn it off and back on and limp into a parking lot. Waiting to hear back from Jeep. Check engine light on as well.
Jeep Gladiator Service DEF system see dealer warning message EBF44413-F8BF-41BD-8968-F619E082B2A5

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Just happened again. Driving errands doing great. Get to a light and switching through screens on instrument panel. Stop on start stop as it’s only activated once while I was driving. Start to accelerate left to turn at light and vehicle is limping. In short fashion I get a service Start/Stop message, Service DEF system message and service electronic throttle switch. Pull into center lane and start/stop system says it needs to be turned off and back on. Then get low oil pressure alert. Turn it off and back on and limp into a parking lot. Waiting to hear back from Jeep. Check engine light on as well.
Jeep Gladiator Service DEF system see dealer warning message EBF44413-F8BF-41BD-8968-F619E082B2A5
sounds like your fuse box has loose ones to me. Pull your PDC cover in the engine bay and see if you can push them down

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
There was another guy that had really crazy stuff kinda similar and I think they had to replace his ECU.

Get it to the dealer asap

jwrigh64

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7
There was another guy that had really crazy stuff kinda similar and I think they had to replace his ECU.

Get it to the dealer asap
Jeep Gladiator Service DEF system see dealer warning message 76C41552-BF2C-4466-9724-8BF95CEA7FC2

155 miles and it’s first tow. Heard back from dealer I bought it from and the DEF pump was already replaced along with a crank shaft position sensor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Damn that sucks.....sorry man. Let us know what they end up finding wrong.

Not that it helps, but I really like that green color!

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Jeep Gladiator Service DEF system see dealer warning message 76C41552-BF2C-4466-9724-8BF95CEA7FC2

155 miles and it’s first tow. Heard back from dealer I bought it from and the DEF pump was already replaced along with a crank shaft position sensor.
You mean dealer fixed/replaced those items before you bought it?

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
What a bunch of bullshit! that is damn near the same thing as selling you a wrecked one and not disclosing it.

I'd say they owe you a new one...

Last edited: