Sponsored

Short Antennas

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
For those that have changed out your antennas; I’d like to get a short antenna like I have on my TJ. Which did you go with? Size? Any reception issues?
Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
The reception is drastically reduced with ANY of them, but really depends on where you drive whetehr it's unbearable or not. I just chopped the factory one down to about 12 inches and the reception isn't as bad as the several aftermarket brands I've tried

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I went with the Ronin Factory 4". Have put that antenna on a few vehicles. Reception drops drastically, and as someone else mentioned, it's really dependent on your location. That being said, I may have used AM/FM once this year, so It doesn't bother me at all. If that's your concern, download the free "I heart radio" app and stream instead. Personally, I just stream my Apple Music and listen to Sirius XM.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the aluminum one from advance auto, small stubby, that's the main thing to look for, aluminum, it will get the exact reception you get with the stock one. Never had any issues out of it on my JKU or my JT so far. Was able to pick up my local stations on The way to the beach from Charlotte NC area until about 70 miles from Wrightsville beach, that's about 3hrs out. $17 at advance. Don't buy the rubber one.

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Same here - I did the Rydonair 13" - I don't notice any loss of reception at all. $26 from Amazon, easy install, and WAY less smacking around of the antenna when I drive through the car wash.

OP
OP
LadyLightning

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I went with the aluminum one from advance auto, small stubby, that's the main thing to look for, aluminum, it will get the exact reception you get with the stock one. Never had any issues out of it on my JKU or my JT so far. Was able to pick up my local stations on The way to the beach from Charlotte NC area until about 70 miles from Wrightsville beach, that's about 3hrs out. $17 at advance. Don't buy the rubber one.
Thanks for the info! I have a rubber one on my TJ & haven’t had any issues. But I wasn’t sure how it would look on my Gladiator. I will definitely look for this one!

OP
OP
LadyLightning

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
Same here - I did the Rydonair 13" - I don't notice any loss of reception at all. $26 from Amazon, easy install, and WAY less smacking around of the antenna when I drive through the car wash.
I’ll have to check this one out! Thanks!