Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No issues with mine, reception is better than my 2016 F150, actually.
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Was going to ask but after reading many posts I now know where the satellite antenna is. Under the roof. No wonder the connection gets lost
in exactly the same place as the JL. Same hidden location.
Not impressed with the signal loss in the same areas where I have driven my Ram 1500ā€™s, Grand Cherokee, Durango, and Volvo that never missed a beat.
There should be a funky hood ornament that doubles as a satellite radio receiver. Not a shark fin but maybeā€¦..a Gladiator head? šŸ˜

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
For what...thats the factory antenna. Wont work any better mounted in the center of the hood than the center of the roll bar.
Multiplexing and moving antenna to different locations may help?

Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Its an active antenna meaning it has voltage on the center conductor. You can't add a second antenna easily. Moving it isn't going to help much. Its 2400mhz, unless you have a metal rack or something metal above it its not affected by fiberglass or soft top

Don Gesualdi

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter
I ready to pull my hair out !! I have a 2021 Jeep gladiator and the SiriusXM reception really sucks. Iā€™ve had satellite radio since 2003 in many cars and trucks but the reception in my Gladiator is the worst. Even if Iā€™m driving on a road with trees on both side not hanging over the center of the road the SiriusXM cuts out. I have 2 friends one with a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and hers cuts out too and another friend with a 2019 Jeep Wrangler and his sucks too. I believe itā€™s definitely the placement of antenna on top of the sound or roll bar. Satellite antennaā€™s should definitely be on the outside of the vehicle. I understand why Jeep installs the antenna in this location so you can remove the tops but there has to be a better placement Jeep can come up with. I read about that someone used an aftermarket SiriusXM antenna but then the back up camera didnā€™t work. Anybody move there SiriusXM antenna to another location with any success? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
I had similar problems in CT, Moved to FL and i have very few issues. You wouldn't think being (satellite) radio it wouldn't matter!!

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
My Sirius does momentarily cut out too. I just live with it. My Grand Cherokee does not cut out like this one does. Hard top on mine.

It's not bad enough to get upset and my wife really likes it so I'm stuck with it. I'm only paying $79 a year for it. I play the cancel game with them every year though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We've been on some long distance trips (for us, anyway) through mountains, into mountains, up, down, west, south, whatever, and the ONLY times ours has ever cut out in either of our JTs or my wife's JLU have been tunnels and long underpasses (DUH!) or oddly enough, when parked down in the low area next to my shop building which is tall and all steel. I suspect the big trees and the big steel building in the area are the cause because it gives the message that it's seeking reception or whatever. So my shop's approach is a satellite dead zone - and a cell dead zone.
Otherwise if our Jeeps could see the sky, they got reception. The area in the south part of our property where my shop is is the baffling part.
Sponsored