Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think for a Wrangler
It would be great if someone made a hardtop front piece that could fold back and rest on the back of the top as if it were hinged and could be locked in place. Or a completely modular top, with pieces that could come off indecently would be great too.
This man knows what's up. Imagine the two rear clamps for the hardtop freedom panels were hinges and there were built in bumpers and tie downs on the top of the hardtop. Then you get the option of flipping back the driver only, driver + passenger, or remove the entire top and you don't need a special place to store the freedom panels because they are still attached to the top.
Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Half the comments on here are describing how the factory soft top works- the sides and back window come off very easily, leaving the top center section only- Pull the doors off and you have just a safari top......

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I think for a Wrangler

This man knows what's up. Imagine the two rear clamps for the hardtop freedom panels were hinges and there were built in bumpers and tie downs on the top of the hardtop. Then you get the option of flipping back the driver only, driver + passenger, or remove the entire top and you don't need a special place to store the freedom panels because they are still attached to the top.
And people think the soft top looks bad open..... this would be really ugly (bear in mind that the front panels are anything but flat).

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Get an extended warranty. Glad I had one on my Jeep Liberty when the retractable top leaked and when the motors got out of sync and the top failed and bcame jammed partly open and when the front seal wouldn’t close completely. Wouldn’t really want one again after all that hassle.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
And people think the soft top looks bad open..... this would be really ugly (bear in mind that the front panels are anything but flat).
if the current soft top is the mullet, that'd be the skullet, right?

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Would you buy it? My wife was looking at the JLUR Recon edition and she wanted the sky one touch power top so that got me thinking about it for the JT. The soft top on the JT looks so stupid, in my opinion, and this would be a better looking alternative. Also, we moved from North Carolina to Iowa recently and the use/lack of use, regarding top off/on is striking. In NC, it seemed as if most Jeeps had the top on whereas we rarely see a top on in Iowa if the weather is even remotely decent. Now that we're in Iowa, this would be a good way for her to go topless easily. Yeah, yeah insert your joke accordingly!
For me, the Sky One-touch, a retractable rear window like the old K5s had, and half-doors would be money.

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
That’s a hard yes

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Ya'll have to many image issues regarding that bun up there. I ride with it down all the time and don't give it a second thought. I can put it up or down in less than a minute. Most people I talk to don't even look at it in the way you all do. They only think the truck is cool and that I can drop the top in seconds

Dune Runner

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue JT Mojave, 2018 Stingray JL Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
Get an extended warranty. Glad I had one on my Jeep Liberty when the retractable top leaked and when the motors got out of sync and the top failed and bcame jammed partly open and when the front seal wouldn’t close completely. Wouldn’t really want one again after all that hassle.
What value does this comment add to the conversation?

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
I love the soft top on my JT. While I haven't taken it completely off, for the first 3 months I had it, the rear window was out and the top was thrown back. Doubt you'd get the same open air experience with the power hard top.
Sponsored