Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I did a back seat delete with a platform and could easily sleep back there. Now I just have to figure out how to stay somewhat warm.

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I use the Teton Vista tent and cot set-up which can be set up in less than 3 minutes and packs up easy plus you are off the ground. I also have the full rainfly that goes all the way to the ground if bad weather is expected.
Jeep Gladiator SLEEPING in a JT tempImageW5TFjf
Jeep Gladiator SLEEPING in a JT tempImageoO5X7z
Jeep Gladiator SLEEPING in a JT tempImagevzHsKu
Jeep Gladiator SLEEPING in a JT tempImages275w1
with your open bed this would fit perfect. I'm looking at using some type of bed extender so I can put the cot/tent on my DB cover kinda a RTT but much cheaper and more camping options I use the ARB 2000 awning with deluxe room when I want a bigger enclosed area. The teton cot gets used in the Awning room so always have options. I'm all about everything should have more than one use.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
We have a Rightline tent. I ordered an Airbedz mattress from Quadratec but it’s been delayed twice. Hope I get it before our Big Bend trip next month...
Jeep Gladiator SLEEPING in a JT CFC132DF-439A-47A2-B075-D32F981088F7
You are the first I have seen on the forum with one of these! I have been considering this or the Napier one. What are your thoughts between the two? Why did you pick this one?

Sponsored

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You are the first I have seen on the forum with one of these! I have been considering this or the Napier one. What are your thoughts between the two? Why did you pick this one?
I bought one of these in Nov 2019 it didn't fit so I exchanged it for the full size 5.5 bed because the tail lights make it very tight across the back and really stressed the zipper. I used it once it was fine but you have to take everything out of the truck be to sleep. the other thing is the rain fly doesn't cover the entry all the way so that could be an issue in bad weather. I kept it because I think it would be a good option for beach camping for one night. One other thing I think not having the floor could be an issue with mosquitos and no-see-um.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought one of these in Nov 2019 it didn't fit so I exchanged it for the full size 5.5 bed because the tail lights make it very tight across the back and really stressed the zipper. I used it once it was fine but you have to take everything out of the truck be to sleep. the other thing is the rain fly doesn't cover the entry all the way so that could be an issue in bad weather. I kept it because I think it would be a good option for beach camping for one night. One other thing I think not having the floor could be an issue with mosquitos and no-see-um.
Thats an excellent point on the bugs getting in! I was leaning towards the Napier for that reason and having the canopy is neat! I think you just helped my decision!! Thanks! :)

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Do you think that will work for the Gladiator? It doesn't look like it does with other mid sized trucks.
It is not an exact vehicle specific pattern, it cinches/adjusts to beds that are 5-6.5' in length. I greatly prefer these high quality canvas tents over nylon ones. If you watch some youtube videos of the nylon versions they are not that impressive. They may get the job done for a few times a year but most are very flimsy. These canvas tents can handle torrential rain and snow loads and will last years and years if properly cared for. SLightly better info at this kodiak link: https://www.kodiakcanvas.com/canvas-truck-tent-mid-sized-estimated-restock-date-may-1st-2021/

Sponsored

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
If by in, you mean in the cab? Believe reclining the front seat would be most comfortable by far

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I'm glad this thread is still going. I too am still day dreaming about being able to comfortably and stealthily sleep in my JT.

The back seat delete gets me stealth but not comfort. Thought of taking out front seat but too much function gone.

Thought hammock from from front passenger to back driver but lose stealth.

The tents are all cool but they aren't sleeping in the truck relatively unnoticed.

I still imagine a solution. Just can't imagine it specifically yet. Might steal your thread op.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I'm glad this thread is still going. I too am still day dreaming about being able to comfortably and stealthily sleep in my JT.

The back seat delete gets me stealth but not comfort. Thought of taking out front seat but too much function gone.

Thought hammock from from front passenger to back driver but lose stealth.

The tents are all cool but they aren't sleeping in the truck relatively unnoticed.

I still imagine a solution. Just can't imagine it specifically yet. Might steal your thread op.
I hear ya, it seems like there should be something out there that would tick all the boxes.

One thought I recently had was a seat extender bracket on the passenger seat to create a more comfortable sleeping position in the seat. Just wish they weren't so pricey to try...

https://extendmyseat.com/jeep-gladiator-2020-present-jl/