Sponsored

Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out.

Friedatx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Gladiator
Have tried the opposite and drives perfectly straight with a crown to the left. Lol.

Oh and springs are straight.
Sponsored

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Had the steering box changed last week. They did and alignment at the same time. Still pulling to the right. Decreased psi to 35 on the front left and have 40 psi on front right. Still pulls but just a bit less.

Frustrated.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
So just to share my ongoing experience. Jeep pulls to the right, like the computer is telling it to. Steel steering box, 2.5" lift, fox shocks, 285/75r18 Falken WP AT3, 3 different stabilizers (OEM, Fox, Teraflex) Teraflex i liked the best, Fox has a positive pressure & shaft always want to push out. Swapped tires, alignments done. I personally measured rear axel to front axel lengths, rear and front axels to frame, toe, all straight and equal. Adjustable front lower control arms caster set to 7.2deg (driver) and 7.3deg (passenger). Tires were set to 32psi cold from 38psi cold. No adjustable track bars, both axels are equally 1/8" off center. the steering wheel has been centered via the drag link. Everything textbook and even a little out of the box checking has led to all the same question why is the jeep still pulling RIGHT? I'm really thinking it has to be the computer. For the life of me i cant figure this out.

I'm tired of constantly applying left hand pressure to the steering wheel.

Please make it stop!!

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Are any of you getting the right pull resolved? i got rid of a great aluminum box for this new gear on friday and now I have to fight a right pull since the new steering gear. Its tiring and it sucks!

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Mine still pulls even after the steering fix. Getting used to it. Not right but just tired of trying to get it resolved.

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine still pulls even after the steering fix. Getting used to it. Not right but just tired of trying to get it resolved.
Dont give up. You are letting the issues win. I know its frustrating, but I plan to keep at it until that pull isnt there anymore. It wasnt before the steering gear upgrade, and I dont plan for it to stay that way.

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
Glad I found this place…lol. I noticed mine did this on the test drive. Thought it was a bit weird.

Returned to dealer and hopped in another Mojave. Did the exact same.

Not sure if I eased the frustration or fueled the fire lol.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
So just to share my ongoing experience. Jeep pulls to the right, like the computer is telling it to. Steel steering box, 2.5" lift, fox shocks, 285/75r18 Falken WP AT3, 3 different stabilizers (OEM, Fox, Teraflex) Teraflex i liked the best, Fox has a positive pressure & shaft always want to push out. Swapped tires, alignments done. I personally measured rear axel to front axel lengths, rear and front axels to frame, toe, all straight and equal. Adjustable front lower control arms caster set to 7.2deg (driver) and 7.3deg (passenger). Tires were set to 32psi cold from 38psi cold. No adjustable track bars, both axels are equally 1/8" off center. the steering wheel has been centered via the drag link. Everything textbook and even a little out of the box checking has led to all the same question why is the jeep still pulling RIGHT? I'm really thinking it has to be the computer. For the life of me i cant figure this out.

I'm tired of constantly applying left hand pressure to the steering wheel.

Please make it stop!!
I’ve attempted almost all the exact same things, no luck.
I’ve got 35s (tried multiple sets) 3 alignments, added front lower adjustable control arms to the mopar lift as well trac bar, multiple stabilizers, measurements, rebalancing and rotations. Loosened the suspension and retorqued it all, steering gear replaced. Alignments all come back good to go. Very frustrated.

If I could get a bronco off the lot the gladiator would be gone already.

Not sure how much help @JeepCares can be. Jeep is on record saying it’s normal. I don’t really want to attempt a buy back, I like it too much but very frustrated.

With that being said my steering is tight as hell no play in the wheel, no wandering, no shake or wallowing over bumps etc. would be perfect if it wasn’t Pulling. I’m at like 2-3 seconds hand off wheel and I’m in The ditch or next lane, that’s not road crown.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Glad I found this place…lol. I noticed mine did this on the test drive. Thought it was a bit weird.

Returned to dealer and hopped in another Mojave. Did the exact same.

Not sure if I eased the frustration or fueled the fire lol.
I’ve attempted almost all the exact same things, no luck.
I’ve got 35s (tried multiple sets) 3 alignments, added front lower adjustable control arms to the mopar lift as well trac bar, multiple stabilizers, measurements, rebalancing and rotations. Loosened the suspension and retorqued it all, steering gear replaced. Alignments all come back good to go. Very frustrated.

If I could get a bronco off the lot the gladiator would be gone already.

Not sure how much help @JeepCares can be. Jeep is on record saying it’s normal. I don’t really want to attempt a buy back, I like it too much but very frustrated.

With that being said my steering is tight as hell no play in the wheel, no wandering, no shake or wallowing over bumps etc. would be perfect if it wasn’t Pulling. I’m at like 2-3 seconds hand off wheel and I’m in The ditch or next lane, that’s not road crown.
Hi, NJ_Mojave and Hurley82.

I would like to assist you both here if your concerns are still present. Please separately private message me with details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, NJ_Mojave and Hurley82.

I would like to assist you both here if your concerns are still present. Please separately private message me with details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I have sent you a detailed message through private message. Thanks

Sponsored

tncolson

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I had the same problem on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after I got new 37" Ko2's. (Didn't have it on my old 37" Milestar Patagonias.) I talked to an old alignment guy and he said it could be a radial bias issue. He suggested swapping the front tires from side to side and if the problem still exists do the same for the back tires. He said he had seen back tires cause pulling problems also. Swapping the front didn't do anything but when I swapped the back tires side to side the pulling went away. I also run my tires at 26 to 27 PSI and it is driving great. Maybe this will help someone.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. 4th time to the dealer> told them it is still pulling to the right (they blamed the crowning of the road) and I showed them that my right front tire is starting to feather on the inner tread @3,400 miles on the odometer. Left it with them, they did an alignment (4th time) and cross rotated the tires. After getting it back still pulls to the right. Currently have a case started with FCA. My JT is a stock/max tow/sport 2020.
My front right tire is starting to feather as well. Running my fingers across the inside lug nearest the frame is worn more than all others. Maybe 1k miles on the tires. $1300 in tires going to end up ruined. Sent @JeepCares a message this AM but haven’t heard from them yet.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My front right tire is starting to feather as well. Running my fingers across the inside lug nearest the frame is worn more than all others. Maybe 1k miles on the tires. $1300 in tires going to end up ruined. Sent @JeepCares a message this AM but haven’t heard from them yet.
Keep us up to date on your situation. Many people report issues, but never seem to report back about what happens or if it got fixed.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep us up to date on your situation. Many people report issues, but never seem to report back about what happens or if it got fixed.
Will do. Waiting currently for @JeepCares to reply. I spoke with my local dealer at length regarding the issue and they stated I have done everything they would recommend and to open a case with fca.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw a few people on the JL area have a right pull issue after the new box, and a few of them figured out the EHPS software didnt get updated or the old sales code removed. (not sure what the sales code stuff does). They noticed that people mentioned a whining noise with the new gear but they did not have this high pitch whine others mentioned.

It took 3 dealers for them to figure out they still had the old software update, and after the update, they now had the whine noise with the new gear and the steering was now good.

I would love to see with my own eyes that my software has been updated, but i cant even get a stinkin printout showing this. Im just told by mouth that it has been done. I also have no whining noise with my new gear. So im starting to wonder if mine has actually been done or not, all I can get is a yes, and "they always check for updates" when they look at your vehicle.
Sponsored