Sponsored

Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have sent you a detailed message through private message. Thanks
Thanks, I responded to you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
I saw a few people on the JL area have a right pull issue after the new box, and a few of them figured out the EHPS software didnt get updated or the old sales code removed. (not sure what the sales code stuff does). They noticed that people mentioned a whining noise with the new gear but they did not have this high pitch whine others mentioned.

It took 3 dealers for them to figure out they still had the old software update, and after the update, they now had the whine noise with the new gear and the steering was now good.

I would love to see with my own eyes that my software has been updated, but i cant even get a stinkin printout showing this. Im just told by mouth that it has been done. I also have no whining noise with my new gear. So im starting to wonder if mine has actually been done or not, all I can get is a yes, and "they always check for updates" when they look at your vehicle.
I spoke with my advisor about this also. He said when itā€™s updated they remove the sales code or something but then couldnā€™t confirm mine had the software updated.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I had the same problem on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after I got new 37" Ko2's. (Didn't have it on my old 37" Milestar Patagonias.) I talked to an old alignment guy and he said it could be a radial bias issue. He suggested swapping the front tires from side to side and if the problem still exists do the same for the back tires. He said he had seen back tires cause pulling problems also. Swapping the front didn't do anything but when I swapped the back tires side to side the pulling went away. I also run my tires at 26 to 27 PSI and it is driving great. Maybe this will help someone.
Same here. I had the same issue on my '18 JLUR when I upgraded to 37's. My JTR now does it since I upgraded to 37's on it as well. Had the Mopar lift and Fox steering stabilizer on both Jeeps. Alignment is spot on on both. I've been told by alignment techs and tire shops that it's most likely the more aggressive tread on the M/T tires causing the pull. I ran the Toyos on my JLUR at 32 PSI, and I'm at 34 on the BFG's on the JTR. Still dialing in the right air pressure on the JTR to find the "sweet spot" with the BFG's. First time I run this brand in a LONG time.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Mine has been doing this since my tire rotation 4000 miles ago. No mods on my rig other than headlight and fog light bulbs.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has been doing this since my tire rotation 4000 miles ago. No mods on my rig other than headlight and fog light bulbs.
See thatā€™s what ls frustrating. Stock they are doing it. All terrains, mud terrains, budget boosts, full lift kits etc, it doesnā€™t matter at all. Iā€™ve got no hope Iā€™ll get this shit resolved.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
See thatā€™s what ls frustrating. Stock they are doing it. All terrains, mud terrains, budget boosts, full lift kits etc, it doesnā€™t matter at all. Iā€™ve got no hope Iā€™ll get this shit resolved.
Yup itā€™s pretty annoying. Plus my steering wheel is slightly off to the left. Go figure. Once I stop procrastinating this teraflex leveling kit install, Iā€™ll get an alignment afterwards. Hopefully that fixes it.

Edit: Iā€™ve also read tire deformation of some kind can be the culprit. I really have no idea though. I just found that in my random Google searches awhile back when I was looking for solutions.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup itā€™s pretty annoying. Plus my steering wheel is slightly off to the left. Go figure. Once I stop procrastinating this teraflex leveling kit install, Iā€™ll get an alignment afterwards. Hopefully that fixes it.

Edit: Iā€™ve also read tire deformation of some kind can be the culprit. I really have no idea though. I just found that in my random Google searches awhile back when I was looking for solutions.
Mine has done it it with 3 sets of tires. 2 sets of different 315 M/T tires and A set of sport S street tires.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Mine has done it it with 3 sets of tires. 2 sets of different 315 M/T tires and A set of sport S street tires.
Thatā€™s very odd but it lines up with a lot of other peopleā€™s stories I read on JL and JK forums.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Same here, Pulling to the right. Didn't notice it much but when I put my 35x10.5r17's on it amplified it a bit. I should take it in for the steering gear fix and see how that fares.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I spoke with my advisor about this also. He said when itā€™s updated they remove the sales code or something but then couldnā€™t confirm mine had the software updated.
I dont understand why its so hard to just be able to confirm and be shown. One guy said it took him 3 dealers before the 3rd dealer actually dug and found out it never got changed and showed him the before and after.

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Well if this started after your rotation, I would look there first.

Boomeribe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Mine has been doing it since day 1. Along with the constant input to the left my wheel has about 1" to 1.5" of play in the steering wheel. Improved a little with Fox steering stabilizer and 35s with 34psi. Dealing with it until I get my Alu Cab canopy camper added, then take care of all suspension issues at 1 time.

UPDATE: Got mine into the dealer yesterday and they put it on the alignment rack. The front left was out of toe by .2 and my steering was out by .3. Drives pretty good right now.

Last edited:

Geobari

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Planner
I have 2021 Gladiator Willys package. Started off with the usual drifting from one side of the highway to the other but once the air pressure was lowered in my tires that went away. I Did not notice the pulling to the right until one day I was headed out of town and It seemed really significant to me. This was about a week after I changed over to some Goodyear tires. Dealer said they could not find anything wrong with it even after swapping front tires around. So I put it off as that is the way it has to be and I need to accept it. Go forward one month and I have a 4" Readylift installed, Shop aligned it to spec day after supposedly having some settings updated on their alignment machine. Pull was still evident even after they drove it and said it was fine. Took it back in to the shop where I had the lift installed and they did the tire swap and came up with "Radial Pull" from the tires. Replaced tires under warranty and pull is still there.

Seeing that there is an ongoing issue with this, I was wondering if the any of the Steering position sensors might have some bad settings indicating it should be more right than the alignment settings are set for?

At this point, that is all I can think of if the Alignment settings Mopar provides are correct.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
I got a similar thing going. Iā€™ve had the tires balanced twice and two alignments. The factory h/t are wearing choppy. It concerns me that itā€™s going to happen on more expensive A/Ts when I upgrade. $$$. My jeep only has the 1.5ā€ teraflex and a Fox steering stabilizer.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Mine pulls to the right also, very annoying. I have the new steering box. I am going to try an alignment soon but from what I have read here that may not help. WTF Jeep?
Sponsored