So many used Gladiators on the market.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Super loose steering will definitely drive away potential customers.... I decided to test drive and not order for this same reason.
Sponsored

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Super loose steering will definitely drive away potential customers.... I decided to test drive and not order for this same reason.
According to some ppl on this forum, the Gladiator was designed to have super loose & unsafe steering! Sry, couldn’t help myself. Lol

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Pure speculation. There have been many positive reports on the Gladiator's towing ability based on it's listed capability as well.
Of course, entirely speculation, which is why I started with "I wonder." In retrospect I suppose that could have been interpreted as sarcasm. That wasn't my intention. This is just my perspective based on my experience towing 3,400 lb with the same motor. My point isn't to trash JT's tow/haul capabilities - in fact tow/haul capability was a deal/no-deal factor in my decision to buy a JT. I'll be towing toys up to 3,400 lb every summer with the JT and I know what to expect. I have no doubt there are positive towing reviews for the JT and I'm sure mine would be one of them. I just don't expect many of them to be for payloads of 5-7k lb.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Just rented one a few weeks ago for a day to be able to get a long test drive out of it. The Truck had around 11,000 miles on it. The steering was super bad with a lot of lag in the wheel. Charged us $10 plus taxes
Where did you get it for $10 for the day? Well worth it for an extensive test drive.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Where did you get it for $10 for the day? Well worth it for an extensive test drive.
My friend Rufus rented it from Rental Company here in Houston. I however did not ask him which one. He kept it for a few days though before turning it in. I was lucky enough to be able to take it out on some long spins and get it on the tollway and in some traffic areas. It was just a basic sport model with soft top. Aside from Loose steering and what I perceived as some lag in the gas/shifting it was a blast and that was with the top on.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I hear a lot of forum members talking about selling their JTs with really loose steering. So be careful when buying used JTs...

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I just did the same search on cars.com. If you drill down and look at most of the "used" Gladiators, over half of them you can tell are dealer modded vehicles with big tires and crappy lifts that you know where sold new with probably a $15K-$20K+ premium. So you probably have quite a few buyers who were in over their head giving those up.

Also, quite a number have less than a 100 miles and are heavily modded. Many of those are being sold by independent luxury and exotic sale car companies. Those are off the lot conversions those companies bought off the dealer lot and being modded and flipped for sale so they will have a "used" designation since they have already been sold once.

I would say maybe 25% of those are really true normal used market listings and given that there was almost six extra months of 2020 Gladiator production before the 2020 Wrangler production started, extrapolating a basic numbers comparison without a drill down of what is actually being offered is misleading.
Flippers! ;{

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
For me the only disappointment is the gas mileage. I did not expect to watch a gas needle actually drop when I go to the store. Not in the year 2020. Yes, this is my first Jeep. I love it and it will probably be the last vehicle I buy. I see it as the ultimate bug-out vehicle should I ever need to get my family across a border in the middle of the night. ;)

Bruticus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Gladiator JT; Copperhead Willy's Wrangler Unlimited JL
Another thought too- The 2020 Gladiator came out long before the 2020 Wrangler. I know there was at least a couple months of 2019 Wranglers being produced after the Gladiator came out.
^^THIS.

To compare 2020 Gladiators vs. 2020 Wranglers is completely misleading, since the 2020 Gladiator was introduced WELL before the 2020 Wranglers (the Gladiator was all-new). And this would be the same versus other "2020" vehicles, as well. A more fair comparison would be to look at 2020s and about half of the 2019 models, as well.

Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I just did the same search on cars.com. If you drill down and look at most of the "used" Gladiators, over half of them you can tell are dealer modded vehicles with big tires and crappy lifts that you know where sold new with probably a $15K-$20K+ premium. So you probably have quite a few buyers who were in over their head giving those up.

Also, quite a number have less than a 100 miles and are heavily modded. Many of those are being sold by independent luxury and exotic sale car companies. Those are off the lot conversions those companies bought off the dealer lot and being modded and flipped for sale so they will have a "used" designation since they have already been sold once.

I would say maybe 25% of those are really true normal used market listings and given that there was almost six extra months of 2020 Gladiator production before the 2020 Wrangler production started, extrapolating a basic numbers comparison without a drill down of what is actually being offered is misleading.
100% ppl in over their heads.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
“For me the only disappointment is the gas mileage. I did not expect to watch a gas needle actually drop when I go to the store“

What the Heck? I average 20+ to and from work on 2 and 4 lane highways.

823A0A45-FA3F-457D-8497-985A36CB52B3.jpeg

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
V6, 6 speed manual and 12 D boots. ‍♂

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
“For me the only disappointment is the gas mileage. I did not expect to watch a gas needle actually drop when I go to the store“

What the Heck? I average 20+ to and from work on 2 and 4 lane highways.

823A0A45-FA3F-457D-8497-985A36CB52B3.jpeg
Rubicon vs Sport. I'd guess the biggest differences are 4.10:1 differential in Rubi vs. whatever is in the Sport, and the tires. I think my Rubi with M/T tires does about 18 mpg average and my driving style is rather subdued.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I hear a lot of forum members talking about selling their JTs with really loose steering. So be careful when buying used JTs...
"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear"
Sponsored