Sponsored

So pissed off! Weird noise after install new rims! Never heard it before. Anyone knows why?

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
We've all been in the I want it done now situation and we've all regretted it.
You can relate man. When the moment we got the new parts, the excitement man. Lol. I gotta learn how to be patient.
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
That makes it even more weird! Let me describe it! So, I asked them to run 34 psi for all 4 tires. It turns out to be 3 tires have 37 psi and one tire has 34 psi. And the low tire pressure warning light on, says something like: Please inflate your tire to 37 psi. WTF!
Fill it to 37, drive it so it resets and then lower it to 34. I have seen this message on my JTRD before. The only head scratcher is, I know mine went below the "low" threshold. Yours must have at some point as well.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
You can relate man. When the moment we got the new parts, the excitement man. Lol. I gotta learn how to be patient.
No worries brother man.........20 years in the Army has well versed on the hurry up and wait LOL

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Bentley1

First Name
Bentley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Bright White
Occupation
Semi Retired.
Try swapping the wheels around and see if the sound follows the tire and rim or continues from the same side. Isolatation is the first avenue to troubleshooting. If it moves with the tire and rim then you have found the culprit and you start looking at tire, balance, etc. If it stays at the rear then the problem is on the jeep side. Try a smalll spacer and see if that makes a difference. Got to isolate it before you can fix it.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Try swapping the wheels around and see if the sound follows the tire and rim or continues from the same side. Isolatation is the first avenue to troubleshooting. If it moves with the tire and rim then you have found the culprit and you start looking at tire, balance, etc. If it stays at the rear then the problem is on the jeep side. Try a smalll spacer and see if that makes a difference. Got to isolate it before you can fix it.
He already figured it out. The shop that balanced the tires put weights where they’re hitting the caliper.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
As far as I know the tire pressure monitors connect in their own after about 20 miles or so. There is no need to program them or anything. Did they swap your original sensors to the new wheels?
The sound sounds like a dust shield lightly rubbing the disc to me. They are just thin tin, so easy to bend by accident. 🤷‍♂️
Took the words right out if my mouth. Had this very thing happen on a 2015 jeep I owned.see if dust shield has bent into backside of brake rotor . Bend back out slowly with hands or thick screw driver.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Wow. No Discount Tire shops in central/east Massachusetts. That’s a bummer.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I was about to reply stick on weights but you found the problem. I’d take the wheel off and try to make sure it hasn’t damaged anything. They will probably have to rebalance the wheels and use knock on weights.
I was going to recommend the same thing. OP isn't the first to find this out the hard way...

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. No Discount Tire shops in central/east Massachusetts. That’s a bummer.
Fr bro. I can't believe it. It sucks. We have VIP tire, Sullivan tire, Fire Stone, and Town Fair Tire. Have you heard any of those?
Sponsored