So, what is everybody towing?

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Can't wait to hit my 500 miles on the G so I can start towing my old toys- a jet boat and a hybrid travel trailer. Both are old, but work flawlessly and has given my fam lots of good times and great memories. I'm itching to upgrade to a newer tt since I can tow more now, but wifey is not giving me a green light yet. One good thing is- all three are paid for...yes!!!

polaris tower~2.jpg

20200907_130510~2.jpg
Sponsored

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Ours is white right now without graphics. Very boring. We are going to wrap the sides. My wife is working on the graphics and it will end up close to the mockup in the picture.

We absolutely love this camper.
You are so right about plain white being boring. The original graphics on mine are faded. I bought some rv decal graphics 3 mos ago, but I just did not have the time to install them. I have to wait til it gets warmer. If it doesn't turn out good, I might go with the wraps, too.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Just bought this. 2021 Venture Sonic. 27' under 5,000 lbs loaded. Got a nice bump-out on the other side for a large dinette (88")/fold-a-bed. Sleeps 4.

Just waiting for them to service it to let it go and also, I'm getting a load equalizing hitch with anti-sway set up.

Tried to get the MOPAR brake controller but, the parts guy says it's still under development and unavailable until at least late February...so I'm going to the RV Dealership for one.

34006-2021-Venture-Sonic-20210115.jpg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought this. 2021 Venture Sonic. 27' under 5,000 lbs loaded. Got a nice bump-out on the other side for a large dinette (88")/fold-a-bed. Sleeps 4.

Just waiting for them to service it to let it go and also, I'm getting a load equalizing hitch with anti-sway set up.

Tried to get the MOPAR brake controller but, the parts guy says it's still under development and unavailable until at least late February...so I'm going to the RV Dealership for one.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 34006-2021-Venture-Sonic-20210115
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brake-Controller/Curt/C51180.html?feed=npn

A couple of us got this on sale a while back. I haven't personally used it yet but a couple guys have and seemed to like it.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L

What model is that?

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Get the Redarc and put it in. Been solid for me and integrates as if it is oem.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven't done so already do some searches on the Mopar controller. My dealer told me no dice at first but I brought in a document I found on here showing them that they can install it. They installed it and it works great. I think it depends on when your Gladiator was produced. I have a 2020 built in the summer. I love having the Mopar controller because it fits in the dash nicely.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
What model is that?
It's a Venture Sonic SN220VRB. 27' overall length, trailer part itself is 23'.

If you haven't done so already do some searches on the Mopar controller. My dealer told me no dice at first but I brought in a document I found on here showing them that they can install it. They installed it and it works great. I think it depends on when your Gladiator was produced. I have a 2020 built in the summer. I love having the Mopar controller because it fits in the dash nicely.
The MOPAR part, I was quoted $350 with a $180 install fee. I went with a Tekonsha Primus IQ. Recommended by the Trailer Dealership. $140 installed...the parts guy uses the same one on his tow vehicle and says he's really impressed with function and reliability.

Mine is a 2020 built in June/July 2019.

Futzin, here's the floor plan of our trailer. It has a Murphy bed in the front. It's much more roomy than other floor plans of the same length...front kitchen, rear bed with bathroom between bed and iving area and the same with the kitchen in the rear and bed in front again, with bathroom in between.

Plus I like having the outdoor kitchen with a small beer fridge ;)

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 2021-Venture-Sonic-floor plan

Lhanz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
I ordered the mopar controller and went in for the install appt only to find that my 2021 JTR November build is not equipped with the wiring harness needed. Its that part that is still under development. Some builds already have it, it doesn't seem to be model year related. Supposedly late February availability on the part.

Sponsored

zamboniman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I ordered the mopar controller and went in for the install appt only to find that my 2021 JTR November build is not equipped with the wiring harness needed. Its that part that is still under development. Some builds already have it, it doesn't seem to be model year related. Supposedly late February availability on the part.
Does yours have the "tow package" option

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Most likely another dealer who has no clue what he is talking about. If you have the max tow/tow package (which assume you do being you bought a 5K camper) you have the harness. Many of the dealers are clueless on the Mopar controller. There is many pages of documentation in this forum if you do a search.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Out this weekend. Had a blast!

96810D4C-0FAA-4257-8CAC-F40DF2CAE572.jpeg
Our own 17MKE arrives in about a month, how has it been this last year pulling yours around with the Rubicon? We're putting in a Clayton 3.5" lift with 37' Trail Grapplers on our own Rubicon and hoping that doesn't kill our ability to pull the trailer. Are you running 35's here and would you have concerns from your own experience in going 37"? We're tired of dragging ass at Rausch Creek and just wanted that extra height, but hoping it doesn't bite us when towing....Would be great to hear more about where you've taken yours.

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Our own 17MKE arrives in about a month, how has it been this last year pulling yours around with the Rubicon? We're putting in a Clayton 3.5" lift with 37' Trail Grapplers on our own Rubicon and hoping that doesn't kill our ability to pull the trailer. Are you running 35's here and would you have concerns from your own experience in going 37"? We're tired of dragging ass at Rausch Creek and just wanted that extra height, but hoping it doesn't bite us when towing....Would be great to hear more about where you've taken yours.
Congratulations and welcome to the 17MKE club! It is just my wife and I and we couldn’t be any happier with this trailer.

This past summer was our first with the Grand Design Image XLS and we mostly stayed at local Thousand Trails campgrounds in Hershey and Manheim. Had no issues pulling this trailer with the JTR.

I have a 2” Mopar lift, Redarc brake controller, and the Equalizer E2 weight distribution hitch. I run 35’s from November to April but decided to go back to the factory rims and tires during the towing months to maintain the 4:10 gear ratio.

With that said, towing your trailer on flat roads shouldn’t be an issue with your setup. I fear you may struggle a little if you travel roads with significant grades. Expect your tach to get a workout!

You will definitely need a drop down and a good weight distribution hitch to keep everything level and stable. Good luck and enjoy your new camper!

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
5x10 color matched to the GCM, going to end up doing an axle flip and bigger tires just for grins.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 144202304_10219224635870435_375098517698266743_o
Sponsored