First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Try Curt Echo. Wireless & and works great. EASY set up.
Same here. Zero issues towing my works skidoo trailer and two sleds. I like it. No dash modification or some tech destroying my electrical trying to install the $1000 mopar unit
Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought this. 2021 Venture Sonic. 27' under 5,000 lbs loaded. Got a nice bump-out on the other side for a large dinette (88")/fold-a-bed. Sleeps 4.

Just waiting for them to service it to let it go and also, I'm getting a load equalizing hitch with anti-sway set up.

Tried to get the MOPAR brake controller but, the parts guy says it's still under development and unavailable until at least late February...so I'm going to the RV Dealership for one.

34006-2021-Venture-Sonic-20210115.jpg
That looks like a great little trailer for a Gladiator! Very similar in a lot of ways to the one that we're waiting to pick up (Imagine 17MKE). Just wanted to confirm something that you said in your post though - these are about 4700 lbs Dry Weight (unloaded) - when you do your full load, you'll likely be in the 6400 range +/-....still manageable with the Max Tow or Rubicon, but you'll want to be careful about your overall weight still - especially if the mfg is under-reporting their weight at all. I look forward to hearing your impressions of towing it and seeing some pictures in the wild.

EDIT: Just read that the Cargo Capacity is 1100 lbs, so if you add in your water/waste water tanks and propane, you can see how close you are to an Overland's 6000lb towing capacity. You're going to be close, but probably ok if you're not in the mountains.

Last edited:

Raton Pass

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
MacGregor 26X sailboat
16’ flatbed & Polaris
Flatbed & round bales
1 hay burner
Datsun pickup bed trailer
The Datsun is light with transmission longevity in mind.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 95D1EB2A-C491-4BE4-A8A4-2A9752418A8F

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 973C8451-519E-4BCC-844E-29CA604D694B

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 5D79E2B6-8A70-4A20-A757-0E8A058B0BFD

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? E70A81E7-4464-443E-A3A5-6976B1CEA037

Last edited:

Sponsored

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
2021 Jayco Jayflight 7 184 BS Baja fibreglass. Just ordered Timbren Axle Less 4” 5200lb axles.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
That's a Rubicon, max is 7K and that's the trailer's max. Just sent data to my wife.
I freaking love the HQ15s, but they’re too heavy for my Sport w/the regular tow pkg. I would be way over my 6k limit. The HQ15 trailer as a whole is amazing, but the interior is spec-freaking-tacular! Congrats on an amazing coach!

Sponsored

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
Look into ultralite models.
I have a grand design. They have an entire line dedicated to light models without losing nice features.
I would never pull more than the vehicle rating. It's not comfortable or safe. Especially with your family with you
I have to second the Grand Design option. Wife works at an RV dealer and is a qualified service tech /service writer for them. She tells me they have fewer issues with GD than any other manufacturer. Fit and finish is leaps and bounds above the rest. Me, I don't want a house on wheels but... just my 2 cents.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
EDIT: Just read that the Cargo Capacity is 1100 lbs, so if you add in your water/waste water tanks and propane, you can see how close you are to an Overland's 6000lb towing capacity. You're going to be close, but probably ok if you're not in the mountains.
I won't be carrying water or waste. My plan is to use full service campgrounds (KOA) where those things are easy hookups, and my trailer has the blackwater flushing system which'll help with the schmelly schtuff. If I do carry any water, it'll be enough for toilet flushing and small usage on long trips. Not the whole schmegeggie. Plus, departure will be empty tanks except for, again, just enough water to flush on a long trip.

As far as extras, I weighed the things that went into the storage compartment and that was about 150-160 lbs. I'll be carrying two bicycles on the rear bumper (~110 lbs with receiver, bike rack and two bikes) and my astro-turf mat that one puts down under the awning is about 50 lbs and it travels behind the rear axles. I'm trying to keep it balanced. I'm sure I'm under the tow rating (which I think is understated for legal reasons) of 6K lbs (more realistically 7K). Dry weight is 4,300, UVW 4,740 lbs, so with all aboard we need (we tend to travel light anyways) a 51-5,200 lbs is pretty realistic.

Mostly will be super-slab until destination then slower stuff to final destination, pretty much east coast for now so fairly level. Any mountains will be the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge (Skyline drive and Blue Ridge Parkway).

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be carrying water or waste. My plan is to use full service campgrounds (KOA) where those things are easy hookups, and my trailer has the blackwater flushing system which'll help with the schmelly schtuff. If I do carry any water, it'll be enough for toilet flushing and small usage on long trips. Not the whole schmegeggie. Plus, departure will be empty tanks except for, again, just enough water to flush on a long trip.

As far as extras, I weighed the things that went into the storage compartment and that was about 150-160 lbs. I'll be carrying two bicycles on the rear bumper (~110 lbs with receiver, bike rack and two bikes) and my astro-turf mat that one puts down under the awning is about 50 lbs and it travels behind the rear axles. I'm trying to keep it balanced. I'm sure I'm under the tow rating (which I think is understated for legal reasons) of 6K lbs (more realistically 7K). Dry weight is 4,300, UVW 4,740 lbs, so with all aboard we need (we tend to travel light anyways) a 51-5,200 lbs is pretty realistic.

Mostly will be super-slab until destination then slower stuff to final destination, pretty much east coast for now so fairly level. Any mountains will be the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge (Skyline drive and Blue Ridge Parkway).
Hi Steve - I didn't mean to imply you needed to prove you had thought through your load numbers, I was more concerned that a sales guy mislead you that 5000# was fully loaded. Sounds like you're planning a great time while keeping your GVWS manageable. I hope we can run into you out in Shenandoah, Flagpole, or GWNF. I'll have to check out Blue Ridge Parkway as well, that's new for me.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I'll have to check out Blue Ridge Parkway as well, that's new for me.
As a kid (through teenage years) that was a favorite destination of mine for camping with the fam. Looking forward to going there again in the future...wife willing :CWL: as she's afraid of small fuzzy woodland critters...with her growing up in a small village in Ukraine, I tell her if she's afraid of small critters, she needs to turn in her country small village card :CWL: all I get in return is a "mmmnnn Steven..." :CWL::CWL::CWL: