Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
20211105_174805.jpg

20211105_174818.jpg

27 foot trailer, 6000lbs, lots of tongue weight with how the axles are on this setup. Jeep is an ecodiesel on 37s with mopar lift kit and front leveling kit. Towed like a beast with 4 adults in the jeep. Temps were normal even at 75mph. Weigh distribution hitch would have been helpful...
You could use some airlift bags and/or sumos my friens. Ya got a little squat going on there!
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
You could use some airlift bags and/or sumos my friens. Ya got a little squat going on there!
yeah man - my rig was like 1/2 inch from riding on the bumps. That particular trailer has a lot of tongue weight. Def need some support in the rear and it would tow this all day like nothing. Luckily it was only a 2 hours drive and not something I do often. Still drove great even though it looks a little gnarly.

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 3D5B285E-3AEA-4CAD-816C-A2F57609AF7A
Just a Jeep doing truck things.
Reminds me of how I used my first Jeep truck - my Comanche. Hauled anhydrous tanks into the fields from town, hauled fuel out to tractors, hauled a lot of seed out to the planter, you name it, I hauled it.
I used the KC off-road lighting to light up the area of the combine head at night when things got plugged up. It was almost daylight out there with that truck giving it everything it had.

bzerob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
Any update on your experience towing the Dweller? Very interested in your feedback as I’m looking at the same unit?

what is your JT tow spec?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on your experience towing the Dweller? Very interested in your feedback as I’m looking at the same unit?

Mojave with automatic is I believe 6,000 pounds, same as Overland.
He's got a Mojave from the looks of it.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Only towed it from the dealer to the house. With no WDH or airlift 1000 bags it towed the 5 miles ok lol. The next day my daughter and I tested positive for Covid, so might be another week before we go somewhere.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? received_456119652716164

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
My thought is, I would rather have a daily driver that I love and put up with it not being the best tow vehicle.
Exactly. I can't stand driving a full size truck around town with nothing in it.

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Mojave with automatic is I believe 6,000 pounds, same as Overland.
He's got a Mojave from the looks of it.
Oh dang, and I thought I am almost over the top with my tt weight. Yup, gotta pack very, very light in your case.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh dang, and I thought I am almost over the top with my tt weight. Yup, gotta pack very, very light in your case.
My trailer with car is just under 5,000 pounds. Tongue weight is about 500.
So I'm 1,000 under for towing capacity, and taking 500 away from payload (tongue weight counts against payload) I'm left with a bit over 500 pounds payload. I can haul quite a bit in the truck and be ok but I couldn't go to a show/swap meet with my car in tow and buy an engine and load it in the truck. It would have to go on the trailer with the car as a 500 pound engine in the bed of the truck would indeed put me over the top and not be fun as the back of the truck would surely drop more than I want.

I'm actually thinking of something I was very sure I'd never ever consider - air bags.
Not because of truck capacity, not because it can't handle it, but because when I tow at night with LED headlights every other vehicle that drives passed me flashes their high beams.
The rear drops enough that in Iowa people think I have my highs on.
I get "flashed" now and then as it is and my headlights are aimed perfectly - but when towing I get very angry people with megawatt blue LEDS and funky lights that likely aren't even street legal blinding me.
Normally it's the ones with lights piss-poorly aimed and likely not even DOT lights that shine their lights at me. So I may consider air bags to keep the headlights down when towing. People don't understand LED headlights around here, I guess.
Sponsored