Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up our new trailer and got it home. Bought in Wilksboro,NC , pulled up the mountain to Boone, through Linville and Roan Mountain, TN and on to Elizabethton,TN . Very satisfied with how the Gladiator handled the trailer. Trailer is only 3100lbs dry and 22' long ,bumper to tongue. I do have a WDH.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? gladiatorTT1
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? gladiatorTT4
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? gladiatorTT3
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? gladiatorTT2
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I'm towing the same weight trailer with same aero shape front and single axle, and Jeep tows it fine, maxed load is 4100lbs. Looks nice enjoy!.....Jack

Diggs9

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, another member noted that also, the dealer actually installed it this way and I pulled the TT home this way(65 miles or so) when I looked it up, and found this picture on their website to confirm. It will be corrected on the next pull.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 1653394606182

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, another member noted that also, the dealer actually installed it this way and I pulled the TT home this way(65 miles or so) when I looked it up, and found this picture on their website to confirm. It will be corrected on the next pull.
Glad to hear it! Happy towing

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im curious how you like that wdh after a trip or two. Thats the one im looking at getting

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
Gotta learn to manual shift that auto.

I have a 27' 5,300 lb trailer that I tow with my Overland. Shift manually. Don't go above 2,500 RPMs in any gear and get about 13 mpg. Cruise at around 65 mph in 7th at around 2,000 rpms. When speed drops below 60 mph, drop to 6th until I'm back into the low 60s or have crested the hill then back to 7th. Occasionally need to drop to 5th but still keeping to the 2,500 rpm range. It'll handle it. Just be patient and drive your own drive. Eff them who think you're not going fast enough for them. It's how you get there, not how fast you get there.
If this were A 20th century V8 I would completely agree with you, and that is where I ran them under load.
From what I have read about these 21st century Pentastar V6 engines they are designed to run at higher RPMs and that is where they make their HP and torque, which is why the engineers programmed the transmission to keep it in the sweet spot when under load.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If this were A 20th century V8 I would completely agree with you, and that is where I ran them under load.
From what I have read about these 21st century Pentastar V6 engines they are designed to run at higher RPMs and that is where they make their HP and torque, which is why the engineers programmed the transmission to keep it in the sweet spot when under load.
Yeah, I agree. That's counter to engine life and power.
Jeep even recommends a downshift to keep RPM up. No way I'd push these that hard at that low RPM - it's asking for lugging and some detonation. It's contrary to advice from Jeep and others.
I tried to keep RPM above the low 2,000s and did much better.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 1653792230577

Jeep says downshift......... not hold a higher gear.
Mine did best when allowed to run close to 3,000 RPM.
Asking an engine to work that hard locked in at low RPM is not easy on them. It's also locked into the low valve lift - lower power and torque, higher heat.

Sponsored

pmoney$

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
telecom
Picked up our nobo 19.3 on Friday! 4200 dry. Close to 6k loaded I’m sure.

Removed the rhino rack from the roof of the nobo and moved it to the truck due to the fact that the roof of the nobo is already over 10feet and we need the rack to carry our mountain bikes. Grabbed 3 trek bikes a couple weeks ago. Got the wife and myself Merlin 4s and the boy a pre-caliber. Been an expensive couple weeks lol.
Have the bike racks coming via amazon tomorrow.
Never thought loading 3 bikes with an rv in tow would be a big deal but i went back and forth for days trying to figure out how to take the bikes along without spending another grand.
The trailer has no hitch so we thought about having one welded on but that was going to reduce ground clearance so no go there
Then I saw the tongue mounted Units and was like that’ll work! Then thought to myself do I want to add another 150lbs on the tongue ??” Rack and 3 bikes has to be close to that”.. soo no go there
Then I was like well the trailer has a roof rack ? Why not just toss them up there? Uh no I’m not going to be that guy who has his roof ripped open via a low branch or worse a bridge!!
So I moved the rack to the truck and will use the base on the camper for more solar if I decide to add more, there is currently 190watts on the roof. I don’t see us needing more then that right away.

isn't your tow capacity 4000 lbs?

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up our nobo 19.3 on Friday! 4200 dry. Close to 6k loaded I’m sure.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 9B4ED88F-23DC-4016-BE4D-47E4764BD164

Removed the rhino rack from the roof of the nobo and moved it to the truck due to the fact that the roof of the nobo is already over 10feet and we need the rack to carry our mountain bikes. Grabbed 3 trek bikes a couple weeks ago. Got the wife and myself Merlin 4s and the boy a pre-caliber. Been an expensive couple weeks lol.
Have the bike racks coming via amazon tomorrow.
Never thought loading 3 bikes with an rv in tow would be a big deal but i went back and forth for days trying to figure out how to take the bikes along without spending another grand.
The trailer has no hitch so we thought about having one welded on but that was going to reduce ground clearance so no go there
Then I saw the tongue mounted Units and was like that’ll work! Then thought to myself do I want to add another 150lbs on the tongue ??” Rack and 3 bikes has to be close to that”.. soo no go there
Then I was like well the trailer has a roof rack ? Why not just toss them up there? Uh no I’m not going to be that guy who has his roof ripped open via a low branch or worse a bridge!!
So I moved the rack to the truck and will use the base on the camper for more solar if I decide to add more, there is currently 190watts on the roof. I don’t see us needing more then that right away.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 9B4ED88F-23DC-4016-BE4D-47E4764BD164
19.3 is a nice rig by NOBO. Should be a great combination for a great trip. I just washed my GeoPro 12RK for another trip camping. Have fun!

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician