Sponsored

So why do I have $11K list of parts I want?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Whew man glad I don't do any rock crawling so no need for lifts and such. Course I still got list of things just a different type of list so don't feel bad seems everyone who buys one of these has some sort of list. At least if you don't have deep pockets. For me its more like Bumper, winch, lights molle panels for the back bed
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Yeah man I don't know. I'm sorta old, prefer to be in bed by 9pm and still have $3000 worth of lights on my list.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Whew man glad I don't do any rock crawling so no need for lifts and such. Course I still got list of things just a different type of list so don't feel bad seems everyone who buys one of these has some sort of list. At least if you don't have deep pockets. For me its more like Bumper, winch, lights molle panels for the back bed
If you are getting a winch and lights, I am assuming you are going offroading?

I do not crawl in my Gladiator, it is an overlander for me. I have my JK to beat to shit on rocks. A lift helps big time on offroading unless you're solely doing light trails that anything can really go down.

The mopar lift is pretty nice for the price.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I feel alot better about my list that seems to be sitting around 2k now, lol

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If you are getting a winch and lights, I am assuming you are going offroading?

I do not crawl in my Gladiator, it is an overlander for me. I have my JK to beat to shit on rocks. A lift helps big time on offroading unless you're solely doing light trails that anything can really go down.

The mopar lift is pretty nice for the price.
Well for now its mostly just sand and light trails. There isn't a whole heck of a lot around down here in deep south texas other than flat. Seems to be some trails in the Sam Houston Forest but haven't gotten to go or find out much about them yet. I would like to get into some overlanding down the line. Probably some lite overlanding at first. That's more when I am thinking having a winch would be a handy thing. Once my tires wear out I am going to switch to 35's. I mostly use my truck for hauling my kayak into and out of launch spots some are sandy and some are muddy as hell or down some back trail. The lights are to see some of the spots better since I at time am arriving or leaving in the dark so having extra lights to see and load/unload is a big plus

Sponsored

musicman10_1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020
I bought a Rubicon so that I would not feel compelled to spend several thousand more dollars to get what I wanted. Lol. I went online and learned that most of what it is equipped with is insufficient for a variety of reasons. LOL.

I have changed the antenna and added para cord grab handles. I think I am going to get some KC lights and run it as is for a while until I learn more.

I truly love this ride.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
It’s because you LOVE your Jeep and want to buy it nice things. Kind of like having wife. :LOL:
This is true just yesterday i bought her some pork chops, hamburger, milk and other nice gifts:like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If it helps, I have the RK 3" pro-x (non coilover) and it has A LOT of flex. so you could save about 3K there. Super smooth as well.

Pls still like me
I did look at starting with the Pro-X stage 1 and then adding the rest later. It would end up coasting close to $800 more in the long run if I did go to the coilovers and the rear remote reservoir shocks. I know I don't NEED the coilovers but I'm having a hard time convincing my self that right now.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I bought a Rubicon so that I would not feel compelled to spend several thousand more dollars to get what I wanted. Lol. I went online and learned that most of what it is equipped with is insufficient for a variety of reasons. LOL.

I have changed the antenna and added para cord grab handles. I think I am going to get some KC lights and run it as is for a while until I learn more.

I truly love this ride.
Yeah, I said I was going to drive mine stock for a while. 6 months, 2800miles, and $4000 later it was lifted 3.5 inches on 35s.:LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If you're prioritizing your spending then you could probably hold off on the skid plate system and the inner fenders, etc.

While a skid plate system is nice, it's expensive and depending on the wheeling you're going to be doing (and how often) you just might not need it.

Eating an elephant is usually best one a bite at a time :like:
MMMMMMM elephant nuggets;)

I have rubbed my skid plates already on what are suppose to be the easy trails. I'm sure the factory skids will hold up just fine as I have seen videos of people on some crazy looking trails in basically stock JTR's. But at some point I would definitely like to add them.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
That's a short list of stuff. With the lift and 38's you are going to want to regear to 5.13's. I have the RK 3" lift with 37's. The regearing made if funner to drive and it quit hunting for 7th and 8th gear.

Then you need HD trackbar and tie rod, steering stabilizer, rock sliders, front and rear bumpers, winch, recovery gear, bed rack or canopy, lights, on-board air, ...

yeah, your list is way too short.

20201025_131830.jpg
I have read different opinions on needing to regear with 38's. I would have to see for myself.

I already have the Ace Sliders, winch, front bumper and recovery gear. I am going to make my own power tank at some point this winter.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Yeah man I don't know. I'm sorta old, prefer to be in bed by 9pm and still have $3000 worth of lights on my list.
Thats funny right there:CWL:

I am the same way. I like to have a beer in my hand by 8 and be in my chair. I have zero need for extra lights:like:

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Yeah, I said I was going to drive mine stock for a while. 6 months, 2800miles, and $4000 later it was lifted 3.5 inches on 35s.:LOL:
I had zero plans of lifting mine until we took it to SMORR. Now I know it must be lifted. The factory ride is so much better than that of my 2 door JK. I do not want to compromise that ride quality at all. Thats why I decide to go with the RK pro-x lift. I have been running 35's for some time now. I figured it was time to go bigger.

I made it 25K miles so far with out a lift. Beat you by a long shot:like:

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket

I've had my (my wife's) truck for 10 days. So far I've ordered a $1200 (Rockhard) front bumper and a $1200 (Decked) storage system for the bed.

FWIW, I have been the leader on a lot of Jeep rides (including most of the big passes in the San Juan Mountains). Almost always there are 1 or 2 guys along in stock vehicles. The stock guys always get through.
Sponsored