Soft OEM roll up bed cover.

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
If anyone is interested in the 617 soft factory tonneau. I just posted one for sale in member marketplace. It’s three weeks old.
Sponsored

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
If anyone is interested in the 617 soft factory tonneau. I just posted one for sale in member marketplace. It’s three weeks old.
@TopOff Why did you decide to sell the soft roll up cover and what did you install instead?

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
@TopOff Why did you decide to sell the soft roll up cover and what did you install instead?
Sorry. Just saw this. I put on Yakima racks for Kayaking and can’t use a Tonneau with it. I never sold the roll up cover. It’s really nice and I think I’ll use it when I take the racks off in the fall. I WISH I could use both at the same time.
Jeep Gladiator Soft OEM roll up bed cover. 3C379570-59BD-42A9-BFFE-B98AFB63B6BC

Jeep Gladiator Soft OEM roll up bed cover. E248EC90-CEB5-40A1-A78C-E499FE036562

on_order

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Sahara unlimited
I know your all on team soft rollup...but I have the oem hard trifold and love it. Water tight, zero wind noise, and its very east to install/use. I havent lost any functionality with it what so ever. I believe I have a picture in the "what have you dont to your gladiator today" thread if youd like to see. (On a computer, and the pictures are on my phone.)
I am weighing out the options and curious if you still recommend the trifold - Thanks!!!

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I am weighing out the options and curious if you still recommend the trifold - Thanks!!!
@on_order I originally was interested in the OEM roll-up cover but just couldn't pull the trigger at $850+. I ended up getting the Extang Trifecta 2.0. Amazon has it for $415 and right now there is a $40 rebate after purchase. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SV48BM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once I finally got it installed (its not as plug and play with the Gladiator) I have really liked it. Its sturdy, no wind noise or flapping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
For guys using the soft roll up oem bed cover, how do you like? I had a extang hard one on my old truck and was great but thinking i may want to use soft roll up type this time around. If i needed to haul anything large i had to remove and lay in bed anyway, thinking rather have one i can fold up out of way instead. Mainly just keep stuff dry on long hauls, little extra space and wondering eyes from grab and go. While hard top is more secure we all know if someone is determined enough they will get in anyway. Does the OEM more seal pretty good, not flop around everywhere... thoughts and opinions? thx in advance
I've had no complaints about mine. Bed is dry, the fit is tight and I've not notice flapping.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I do still recommend it. Not once have i been disappointed that I went with the hard tri fold. The ONLY thing is that when folded all the way up it leans against the rear window. I believe there is another after market one that looks exactly the same but has small stands that hold it vertical, maybe rugged ridge?

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
Am I the only one that doesn't want the velcro siding? I really would like the 617

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
Sorry. Just saw this. I put on Yakima racks for Kayaking and can’t use a Tonneau with it. I never sold the roll up cover. It’s really nice and I think I’ll use it when I take the racks off in the fall. I WISH I could use both at the same time.

How much are you selling it for?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Update...i ended getting a mopar soft rollup cover from a fella who sold his gladiator. I actually like it a lot more than I thought i would. Very secure, no flapping in the wind, looks great, and really lets me use the entire bed. My hard cover was more secure but cropped in on the sides and took up space in the rear of the bed. It was more limiting than i wanted.

Sponsored

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I have the soft rollup and like it. However the seal doesn't sit right sometimes when I roll it back down and I have to adjust it. Recently I can see on the driver side when I'm driving that the middle driver side is lifting up not flapping but lifting off the side of the box. Any insight?

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the soft roll up and really like it. Got it from BAM Wholesale Parts for $780. My only complaint is that it doesn't really lock.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have the soft roll up and really like it. Got it from BAM Wholesale Parts for $780. My only complaint is that it doesn't really lock.
That’s odd, mine does.

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have read so many threads on the fact vs fiction of this cover locking, I don’t know what to believe. I cannot find the “magic” spot to push down and make this actually lock. As I see it, the rubber gasket at the tailgate uses friction to keep it in place, but is easily pulled up for what many call “weekend warrior mode”. Doing this this gives direct access to the red pull tabs to open it the rest of the way. It’s not a huge deal, as if someone wanted to take something they could just slice the cover, but a little more deterrence would have been nice.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ons-answered-on-oem-soft-tonneau-cover.17330/

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Move, when rolled up contacts the rear glass window on the hard top. Also, my straps don't Velcro when rolled up against the glass as there isn't enough Velcro on the strap.
Jeep Gladiator Soft OEM roll up bed cover. IMG_20200802_191752
Jeep Gladiator Soft OEM roll up bed cover. IMG_20200802_191727
Jeep Gladiator Soft OEM roll up bed cover. IMG_20200802_191747
Sponsored