Softopper/rtt camping

jeep4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon jt
BLACK WIDOW I was looking at you setup and noticed you have a winch in the plastic bumper. Do you happen to have a link to the installation? Also that softopper looks great I'm not shore of the direction I will be going yet but that's got me thinking.

OP
OP
Black_Widow_Overland

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
BLACK WIDOW I was looking at you setup and noticed you have a winch in the plastic bumper. Do you happen to have a link to the installation? Also that softopper looks great I'm not shore of the direction I will be going yet but that's got me thinking.
The winch in the plastic bumper is something I made. I used Expedition One front winch bumper made for a JK and cut the tabs off and welded them onto the top of the winch plate.. then took measurements and transferred them onto the plastic. Works well. I'm gonna be hiding the winch control box hopefully this summer, so all you will see is the fairlead and the rope.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Black_Widow_Overland

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Black_Widow_Overland

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some more work on the bed platform. I haven't yet tried it out. Need a mattress pad of some sort. The part that is on the tailgate is easy to remove. I'm 6'2 so the add on was a must. Stay turned.

IMG_20200307_163341_004.jpg

IMG_20200307_163341_002.jpg

20200307_151238.jpg

5HORTJT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Launch Edition
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I take it putting the tent over the cabin is not an issue? I thought I heard/read that it wouldn't support the weight. I love your setup though and would love to do the same/similar.

As I'm sure you're aware, the alternative would be to use a rack that fits over/around the softopper but that doesn't look great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Black_Widow_Overland

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I take it putting the tent over the cabin is not an issue? I thought I heard/read that it wouldn't support the weight. I love your setup though and would love to do the same/similar.

As I'm sure you're aware, the alternative would be to use a rack that fits over/around the softopper but that doesn't look great.
The roof rack i have is the Exposed Rack system. Its made for roof top tent. Its got weight distribution feet. I no longer have the roof top tent. I built me a camp trailer for setting up base camp and then go wheeling. For those trips I wheel to different camping spots.. i bought a Gazelle T4 tent

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Did some more work on the bed platform. I haven't yet tried it out. Need a mattress pad of some sort. The part that is on the tailgate is easy to remove. I'm 6'2 so the add on was a must. Stay turned.

Jeep Gladiator Softopper/rtt camping IMG_20200322_130633_736

I've been looking at this route more and more, how easy/hard is it to attach the add-on tent? Also do you have any more details on your bed storage set up, I saw a brief picture in another thread but I'm really curious to see more of it. Thanks!