Software Update Today, Do I Need to Keep The Gladiator in “Run?”

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I just checked and I don't have that theme as an option. Maybe its part of the update?

I took delivery of this 2021 in Dec of 2020. There were a few default themes available; I went with this one because it matched the dashboard.

I'm heading to sleep, but I can take a pic of all the themes available on this update tomorrow.

But tbh, idk how to even tell what version software it updated to. I used the "Assist" button to ask the operator what was installed on my Jeep today, and she said it was just to fix a few minor issues regarding buttons disappearing, and some compatibility issues regarding Apple AirPlay, and Android Auto.
Sponsored

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I took delivery of this 2021 in Dec of 2020. There were a few default themes available; I went with this one because it matched the dashboard.

I'm heading to sleep, but I can take a pic of all the themes available on this update tomorrow.

But tbh, idk how to even tell what version software it updated to. I used the "Assist" button to ask the operator what was installed on my Jeep today, and she said it was just to fix a few minor issues regarding buttons disappearing, and some compatibility issues regarding Apple AirPlay, and Android Auto.
yes please do!

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I've notices the update fixes two issues with "Favorites" contacts when phone is connected via bluetooth:
-Previously, connecting Android Auto would make it forget your favorites. So far this morning, it isn't doing that any more.
-When I had contacts with phone numbers that only differed by the last digit (i.e. my mom and dad, also brother and sister), I could not add the second one as a favorite. The little star would already be filled in even though they weren't displayed as favorite, only the other person with the similar number. That appears to be fixed.

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
I'll check - my son was pointing out the differences between his new radio and his old and I know he's a geek/programmer/developer who has used his to the max. He did play with the schemes on his - the first week he had his Jeep.
His was much more "modern" looking than his old.

I was also complaining to him about how my icons on the bottom keep disappearing and I have to drag them back. His being a compass didn't have all the same stuff mine has so he wasn't able to see how his worked in that respect compared to mine.
Wish there was a way to "lock the bar" like you can on a phone or computer. It keeps rearranging things on me.

Anyway, worth a look on mine to see - will choose the same scheme he has loaded on his and compare when we get a chance.
He was really raving about the big improvement his new one was.
Interesting that the dealer told him that his wasn't able to get the latest updates, too.
Mine keeps replacing the Off Road Pages with Controls button . Drives me crazy !

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine keeps replacing the Off Road Pages with Controls button . Drives me crazy !
Exactly. I have the manual HVAC controls which I prefer over the screen HVAC controls. My right hand has been "shaky" for years - doctor says don't worry but it means I can't use digital buttons with my right hand - I either move it or double-hit it............ anyway, I drag what I want down there on the lower bar and next thing I know it's gone and HVAC is there again. Ugh.
Plus - worse - many apps aren't even available for a couple of minutes or a mile, which ever comes first.
Really? The GAUGES are not local to the truck? They are cloud-based? That's stupid. Gauges? Off-road app not even local to the truck. If it can't get cell connection, you don't even have that ability.
Oh, but shopping is almost always there.

When I set the icons how I want them - it should be hands-off, don't touch em, let me lock it in place. Nope, I bet today things are rearranged again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
Exactly. I have the manual HVAC controls which I prefer over the screen HVAC controls. My right hand has been "shaky" for years - doctor says don't worry but it means I can't use digital buttons with my right hand - I either move it or double-hit it............ anyway, I drag what I want down there on the lower bar and next thing I know it's gone and HVAC is there again. Ugh.
Plug - many apps aren't even available for a couple of minutes or a mile, which ever comes first.
Really? The GAUGES are not local to the truck? They are cloud-based? That's stupid. Gauges? Off-road app not even local to the truck. If it can't get cell connection, you don't even have that ability.
Oh, but shopping is almost always there.

When I set the icons how I want them - it should be hands-off, don't touch em, let me lock it in place. Nope, I bet today things are rearranged again.
Yes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went through the list of "themes" and didn't find the same thing my son's new radio has. There's not a lot of choices, mostly color changes and background changes which are pretty subtle.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Heads up, do not expect updates if you buy a 8.4 from infotainment. They are boot leg and not updatable.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I updated yesterday and now my vehicle data on the Uconnect app on my phone won't update. Just says it updated 1 day ago and won't update with current info. Can lock/unlock doors, etc.

@JeepCares

Sponsored

Star

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Management
I updated yesterday and now my vehicle data on the Uconnect app on my phone won't update. Just says it updated 1 day ago and won't update with current info. Can lock/unlock doors, etc.

@JeepCares
I have the same issue, also the SOS doesn't work, spoke to Guardian through the assist button and they cancelled and restarted my service and none of the connected features work. They said try a test call to SOS and say right away it's a test call and ask for location but can't even get that far

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my 2020 overland for a year now, not 1 update, even check the website. seems odd
Bought mine in November 2019. It did an update this past spring. It popped up a message and said there was an update and gave me a choice - continue or whatever it said.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I just had the message come up today to update software on my 21 JT...gave me error code 20 and was not able to update, said see dealer

i had my ZAuto plugged in should i have removed it?
Sponsored