First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Im upgrading my speakers next week. Going with JL C2 6.5 2ways in the sound bar and C2 6.5 components up front powered by a JL 280x4 amp. Stock HU for now, planning on the stinger upgrade next.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortoise788

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Im upgrading my speakers next week. Going with JL C2 6.5 2ways in the sound bar and C2 6.5 components up front powered by a JL 280x4 amp. Stock HU for now, planning on the stinger upgrade next.
Realized i never asked if anybody has put these speakers into their gladiators yet.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Meh. I used to be super huge into car audio. This isn't the application I would worry about a radio in personally. Whatever it came with is fine. I don't have any upgraded speakers or sound options and find it to be totally fine.

The Jeep is the opposite money pit, all mechanical, no audio. Most (not all but most) of the people around here are focused on mechanical upgrades. A few audio things here and there but seems scarce.

Sponsored

smurraybhm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 High Altitude
Occupation
University Admin
I did the 6.5" upgrade for my sound bar last weekend. Dremmel to cut the new opening and $99 brackets from Crutchfield coupled with a pair of Focals from Crutchfield as well. They include the wire harnesses you will need for free. Takes a few minutes to get comfortable cutting into your plastic, but there is no going back once started. I did not remove the sound bar, put up plastic to keep debris limited to the back seat, took a few hours from start to finish, second speaker being faster.

Instructions from Crutchfield were spot on and the finished product looks great, more importantly sounds great. I took the opportunity to add some poly fill as well as a few strips of Sound Assassins left over from my HotHeads install a few weeks ago. Night and day improvement, better clarity and more pronounced mid-bass. Focals let you aim the tweeter, so you can position those so your highs are more even as well.

I am an admitted video/audiophile (or at least I think I am), very happy with the sound improvements brought on by this change along with removing the stock 3.5" dash corner speakers and replacing those with some Kickers. Speaker changes cost right at $400 including the brackets, well worth the $, especially when you see for yourself what FCA considers to be premium speakers.

Not brave enough to take on replacing the knee speakers. That will be a PITA.

My two month old Gladiator has become a money pit and I have yet to get started with tires, winch or new bumpers. BeSoft top is next up for me - spring is here. Must resist the Stinger, that will be tough because it really looks like a nice upgrade vs. the 8.4 UConnect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortoise788

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I did the 6.5" upgrade for my sound bar last weekend. Dremmel to cut the new opening and $99 brackets from Crutchfield coupled with a pair of Focals from Crutchfield as well. They include the wire harnesses you will need for free. Takes a few minutes to get comfortable cutting into your plastic, but there is no going back once started. I did not remove the sound bar, put up plastic to keep debris limited to the back seat, took a few hours from start to finish, second speaker being faster.

Instructions from Crutchfield were spot on and the finished product looks great, more importantly sounds great. I took the opportunity to add some poly fill as well as a few strips of Sound Assassins left over from my HotHeads install a few weeks ago. Night and day improvement, better clarity and more pronounced mid-bass. Focals let you aim the tweeter, so you can position those so your highs are more even as well.

I am an admitted video/audiophile (or at least I think I am), very happy with the sound improvements brought on by this change along with removing the stock 3.5" dash corner speakers and replacing those with some Kickers. Speaker changes cost right at $400 including the brackets, well worth the $, especially when you see for yourself what FCA considers to be premium speakers.

Not brave enough to take on replacing the knee speakers. That will be a PITA.

My two month old Gladiator has become a money pit and I have yet to get started with tires, winch or new bumpers. BeSoft top is next up for me - spring is here. Must resist the Stinger, that will be tough because it really looks like a nice upgrade vs. the 8.4 UConnect.
Im having a local shop do the upgrade. I only have the 7” screen so the stinger will be a good upgrade.

alexaben

First Name
alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Occupation
other
top 10 best car speakers

Most modern cars nowadays come with decent stereo systems, especially compared to older vehicles. But maybe you want better audio from your car without having to spend a premium straight from the factory. Thankfully the aftermarket has a wide selection of speaker upgrades available, many of which are direct replacements so you don’t have to worry about getting a new head unit or even adding an amplifier to your car. This is especially important as most new vehicles now have complex infotainment systems that aren’t easily removable.

When shopping for replacement car speakers, make sure you’re getting the correct size speakers for your specific car. Otherwise, you may need to look at getting a custom installation done. Our recommendations for this list are intended to be OE replacement speakers, something you could do in your own garage if you have a bit of knowledge with wiring and how stereo systems work
Best Performance: JL Audio C2-650X Evolution Series
Best on a Budget: Pyle Speakers
Best Mid-Range: JBL GTO Series

BOSS Audio Chaos Exxtreme
Rockford Fosgate Prime
Polk Audio db651
. Alpine SPS-610
Kenwood KFC-1695PS

reference
https://infotainmentbeats.com/
https://www.autoguide.com/top-10-best-car-speakers

OP
OP
Tortoise788

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
top 10 best car speakers

Most modern cars nowadays come with decent stereo systems, especially compared to older vehicles. But maybe you want better audio from your car without having to spend a premium straight from the factory. Thankfully the aftermarket has a wide selection of speaker upgrades available, many of which are direct replacements so you don’t have to worry about getting a new head unit or even adding an amplifier to your car. This is especially important as most new vehicles now have complex infotainment systems that aren’t easily removable.

When shopping for replacement car speakers, make sure you’re getting the correct size speakers for your specific car. Otherwise, you may need to look at getting a custom installation done. Our recommendations for this list are intended to be OE replacement speakers, something you could do in your own garage if you have a bit of knowledge with wiring and how stereo systems work

Rockford Fosgate Prime
Polk Audio db651
. Alpine SPS-610
Kenwood KFC-1695PS

reference
So your saying I made a good choice? Lol

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
top 10 best car speakers

Rockford Fosgate Prime
Polk Audio db651
. Alpine SPS-610
Kenwood KFC-1695PS

reference
The JBL Gtos in my sound bar and really good.
Sponsored