First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Engineer
The covers on the front top corners just pop off?

Sponsored

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
Just did these last night in the sound bar; and already notice a difference—I adjusted to Eq settings as well because the settings I had with stock speakers didn’t sound that good with these.

I’ve got the alpine pss-wra23 sub/front tweeters getting delivered today so I didn’t use these dart speakers for the front. I’ll update the overall sound experience once the sub is installed.

Update to my stereo-/

I’ve got the dart speakers in sound bar and alpine pss-wra23; I have 7” screen and with those two upgrades sound is significantly better; gets louder and sounds better; I’ve only listened in my driveway so roof off may be different.

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
Update to my stereo-/

I’ve got the dart speakers in sound bar and alpine pss-wra23; I have 7” screen and with those two upgrades sound is significantly better; gets louder and sounds better; I’ve only listened in my driveway so roof off may be different.

I made a mistake with my wiring; the sub is on now and system is great!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have the mid line system (7.0") in my JT and I think the sound quality is horrible, especially at higher volumes. It also lacks power especially with the doors and top off. I dont need more cameras, video games, Nav, HVAC, etc. I just want to improve the sound quality and add more volume (with good quality) to what I have. Are there options for replacement speakers, a sub and perhaps an amp t drive it all without replaceing alot of the factry stuff and adding a bunch of stuff I dont need or want?
After your current upgrades, try this. Get your favorite CDs and use ITunes to rip them in .wav format (lossless) on a USB Stick. Then plug them into your USB and play them. Your stereo will sound 10 times better with CD quality data. Part of the problem with the sound quality and volume is the lossy input formats that we are using (Sirius, FM, MP3, etc..) .

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
After your current upgrades, try this. Get your favorite CDs and use ITunes to rip them in .wav format (lossless) on a USB Stick. Then plug them into your USB and play them. Your stereo will sound 10 times better with CD quality data. Part of the problem with the sound quality and volume is the lossy input formats that we are using (Sirius, FM, MP3, etc..) .
Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it a shot. With the capacity of usb drives these days I can get all my favs on 1 I am sure.

Sponsored

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I also have the small/mini screen. From one of the posts above, looks like "3 tab" speakers are what I need. Has anyone made this change yet on the uconnect 3, 5" setup? Hoping that just swapping the 4 speakers out with this basic head unit will help....

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Here is a pic of the sound bar with the adapters
How was the fit on the speaker grille? I was just going to neglect my rears entirely but if I can do some 6.5" components I might just go that route instead and do a 5 channel amp.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Does this replace the 2 speakers on each end of the sound at with just 1 larger speaker?
The originals actually have 3 speakers (Low, Mid, High). There was work that had to be done to channel all of the sound to the 2 single speakers from the amp. Because the stock head unit breaks the sound to each of the 3 stock speakers. This had to be addressed going from the head unit into the amp. Not sure exactly how "my guy" did it, but he explained to me that he had to trick the stereo into thinking that it was still doing what it was originally doing, even though it wasn't.
Sponsored