First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I purchased the Spiderwebshade on Amazon and I'm not super thrilled with it. I have a soft top and it installed easily enough, but it flaps around in the middle. Others have recommended JTopsUSA, but their website says it doesn't work with the soft top. Has anyone had a different experience?
Sponsored

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've been looking at the JTopsUSA, XGCargo Magne-tek, and the Spiderwebshade. I have the hard top and only looking for a shade for the front seats, so my profile is a bit different than yours. The Spiderwebshade may be off my list based on this thread as well as some other comments I've seen. I also like the buckle system attachments of the JTops and XGCargo better than the bungee type of the Spider.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the JTOPS sunshade from a member here and will post once installed, but i like the idea of the straps with a protective strap to not damage paint.

Bruce

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I've been looking at the JTopsUSA, XGCargo Magne-tek, and the Spiderwebshade. I have the hard top and only looking for a shade for the front seats, so my profile is a bit different than yours. The Spiderwebshade may be off my list based on this thread as well as some other comments I've seen. I also like the buckle system attachments of the JTops and XGCargo better than the bungee type of the Spider.
They're working with me now. They're going to send me a new one without the cutout for the freedom panels since I have a soft top.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I just purchased the JTOPS sunshade from a member here and will post once installed, but i like the idea of the straps with a protective strap to not damage paint.

Bruce
Do you have a soft top?

Sponsored

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have a soft top and just ordered one of the Spiderwebshades for the full cab. They haven't shipped yet, so I'm trying to contact them now to see if they can do the same for me. Any update on this? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I have a soft top and just ordered one of the Spiderwebshades for the full cab. They haven't shipped yet, so I'm trying to contact them now to see if they can do the same for me. Any update on this? Thanks for the info.
All of this happened Thursday or Friday, so I'm still waiting for it to ship. it does seem that some people get theirs and it's not loose at all in the middle. It was nice to have all weekend even with the fluttering. It wasn't making noise and kept me a lot cooler.

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
The Spiderwebshade was the first thing I purchased after getting my Gladiator. I have the 3 piece hard top and being able to take the hard top on/off while leaving the shade in place was a must. I've driven to work with the entire top off (70+ mph) and didn't have any issues with excessive flapping.

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Not saying @kj316 you didn't have any issues, but I asked around a few buddies of mine that have been long time Jeep owners and this was the one they recommended. Hope the new version works better for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Not saying @kj316 you didn't have any issues, but I asked around a few buddies of mine that have been long time Jeep owners and this was the one they recommended. Hope the new version works better for you.
They've got excellent customer service and I do like the product otherwise. It does come highly recommended.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
There are three things that separate Jtops from the others in my mind- first are the straps. Much better than elastic, which in my experience stretch and become brittle as time passes, making it much less form fitting. Second are the embedded aluminum rods. Does wonders for the flapping that many people experience. Third are the embedded magnets that not only do the same thing, they allow for a cutout to access freedom panel latches. Overall just really well thought out

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I know it's an old post but can this be kept on with the soft top in place and closed? I bought the Mopar one with the Jeep thinking that I can keep the soft top on. But that's not the case.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
The spiderwebshade works with my soft top. I even asked them to make one special for me without the hole in the middle for the freedom panels since I don’t have a hard top.

I know it's an old post but can this be kept on with the soft top in place and closed? I bought the Mopar one with the Jeep thinking that I can keep the soft top on. But that's not the case.

Simba JT

First Name
Simba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
The spiderwebshade works with my soft top. I even asked them to make one special for me without the hole in the middle for the freedom panels since I don’t have a hard top.
I have the JTopsUSA front only installed with my soft top, no issues, I just flip (tuck ) the magnetic strip back on the top of the shade when the soft top is locked closed. When you flip the soft top back, just reinsert the magnetic strip to the body slot above the windshield. i leave the shade installed all year. I do loose an inch or two of headroom, careful if you are tall......
Sponsored