First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
Hey all, I’ve got a stock Mojave, bought mid July. Was pulling out of the car wash the other day & noticed a loud squeak while turning. It’s come back multiple times, usually while turning &/or going up a curb to park, etc. Haven’t done any rock crawling or heavy abuse, no mods but mud flaps so far, did some light off roading, but it’s been a couple months since that & no real stretching of suspension components. Curious if anyone else is hearing these things or may have an idea what’s going on, if it may be something bigger or serious about to break. Thanks Jeepers!
Sponsored

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
My Mojave just started squeaking quite a bit. Right front, to be exact. It's super cold here (below freezing and many times below zero). Hopefully, it's a cold thing, but I won't know that until it warms up.

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
There's a thread going around stating that its actually the Fox shocks and not the springs. Some have used lithium grease on the shafts to get the squeak to go away.

Bricoz106

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Very interested in this thread. My Mojave started making squeaking noises this week, particularly when parking or turning at low speed (like from a right on red). It has been very cold this week, down into the single digits.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
I found that it was not the shock shafts that needed greasing but actually the exhaust hanger bushings. crawl under there and push and rock that exhaust around and you will probably find your source.

OP
OP
christmas

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
Thank you all for the replies & ideas. Pretty sure its shocks,
But Yeah, I'll get under & check out the exhaust too. It's only slow speeds & turns.

OP
OP
christmas

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
My Mojave just started squeaking quite a bit. Right front, to be exact. It's super cold here (below freezing and many times below zero). Hopefully, it's a cold thing, but I won't know that until it warms up.
Mine started Front passenger, now I feel Iike it's both
rear as well.

ryan141

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I too had the squeaky fox shocks on my Mojave, but have noticed that since I started using the new carwash with a high pressure undercarriage wash it has disappeared.

Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes. that's it, exactly. Thanks
for doing that!
Fox customer service was basically no help…
“For a warranty claim, it must be within 12 months of purchase, you can send them to Baxter MN. The turnaround time is about 6-8 weeks” shipping would be entirely on my dime too.

So I either need to buy new shocks so I have a truck to drive while they are fixing them or have my truck out of commission for 2 months. I asked if the have any shops here where I can take them to be rebuilt or checked and they just flat out said no and that if anyone else opens them warranties void.

So now, I’m taking them to a local shop to have them rebuilt with a two day turnaround…$350 to rebuild.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Fox customer service was basically no help…
“For a warranty claim, it must be within 12 months of purchase, you can send them to Baxter MN. The turnaround time is about 6-8 weeks” shipping would be entirely on my dime too.

So I either need to buy new shocks so I have a truck to drive while they are fixing them or have my truck out of commission for 2 months. I asked if the have any shops here where I can take them to be rebuilt or checked and they just flat out said no and that if anyone else opens them warranties void.

So now, I’m taking them to a local shop to have them rebuilt with a two day turnaround…$350 to rebuild.
Almost sounds like....Fox customer service phones...are forwarded to a Jeep dealership.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Have you tried the silicone grease 'trick'? On my Mojave, all 4 shocks would make that exact squeaking/creaking noise if I pushed on the bumpers. I jacked the vehicle to extend the shocks, made sure everything was clean, then applied silicone grease on the shaft especially up around the seal area. I carefully lowered the vehicle and then let it sit for 12 hours. I haven't heard a peep from the shocks since that.

This is what I used:
https://www.danco.com/product/0-5-oz-silicone-faucet-grease/

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yeah that’s what I have been doing but its been getting worse over time. Having to do it about every week now. Shouldn’t have to do anything in my opinion for $3000.00 shocks especially with less than 10k miles on them.
Sponsored