Sweet!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Thanks for posting that, I'm kinda diggin' the utility rack - if you squint your eyes, you can 'almost' picture a camper-shell. I have to admit I've almost asked if someone could make a rendering w/ a camper shell :blush: If I end up w/ a pickup, I will need one or at the very least a hard tonneau cover.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that on the JL forums a few months back. I don't understand why they would cut up a JL when the JT is coming. Just seems like a HUGE expense for no reason.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
^^Exactly. Most of their stuff looks "baller" anyway, so the above rendering for an overland vehicle is a surprise. Based on what they've built before, I'm not really interested. Maybe the engineering is there, but if I had the crazy amount of $ they likely want for it, AEV would be where I'd spend it first...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Heuer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk
In their post they said they are building 8 rigs with that one being for SEMA, which is all about generating attention which it definitely will. The one thing this one has that the JT won’t (at least in the beginning) is that it’s a flatbed, so I expect we’ll see some fun and different configurations. And I agree, personally I wouldn’t drop the kind of cash they ask for some of their rigs either, but I do like seeing people get creative with builds. I think Bruiser might be working on a JL truck for SEMA too? Will be nice to see some physical examples of the truck while waiting for the Jeep version

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
^^Exactly. Most of their stuff looks "baller" anyway, so the above rendering for an overland vehicle is a surprise. Based on what they've built before, I'm not really interested. Maybe the engineering is there, but if I had the crazy amount of $ they likely want for it, AEV would be where I'd spend it first...
Starwood gets laughed at on most forums for a reason...

I guess if you want to be the coolest kid at the mall and brag about your $60k "built" Jeep...they're the place to go.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I have never been impressed with their work but they must sell them to continue making their "custom creations" :puke:

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I saw that on the JL forums a few months back. I don't understand why they would cut up a JL when the JT is coming. Just seems like a HUGE expense for no reason.
Shorter wheelbase/improved break over angle would be reason for serious offroaders

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
“Ugly” as it were requires you to excel in other areas like speed or capability. Sadly I don't think there is enough performance envelope to justify all the exposed bright fasteners and rhino-lined everything in a Starwood rig. Pimpmobile except they traded glitter flake for rhino, exposed fasteners for chintze and obnoxious lift and ugly wheels for drops and daytons. Off-road donks is all they are to me.

In my area it has not been at all uncommon to see a sport wrangler being sold at a considerable premium because it had “30k in mods!” most of which amount to huge wheels and bald mudders, useless lifts, stinger bars wrapped in poly rope, a zillion led cubes aimed wrong, crap and blinky led headlights/taillights, a roof rack with a dry rotted tire, rusted shovel pick and axe set and a hi-lift jack seized from salt and sand corrosion.

And then there’s this guy.

D31908CD-E1CB-4277-8761-6460F0D239EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
“Ugly” as it were requires you to excel in other areas like speed or capability. Sadly I don't think there is enough performance envelope to justify all the exposed bright fasteners and rhino-lined everything in a Starwood rig. Pimpmobile except they traded glitter flake for rhino, exposed fasteners for chintze and obnoxious lift and ugly wheels for drops and daytons. Off-road donks is all they are to me.

In my area it has not been at all uncommon to see a sport wrangler being sold at a considerable premium because it had “30k in mods!” most of which amount to huge wheels and bald mudders, useless lifts, stinger bars wrapped in poly rope, a zillion led cubes aimed wrong, crap and blinky led headlights/taillights, a roof rack with a dry rotted tire, rusted shovel pick and axe set and a hi-lift jack seized from salt and sand corrosion.

And then there’s this guy.

D31908CD-E1CB-4277-8761-6460F0D239EB.jpeg
Thomas the tank engine had a bastard child with a wrx ?
Sponsored