First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
Retired / & part time Teacher
Hello, everyone. I am soon to order my very first, but, always lusted after, Jeep. The Gladiator is my choice due to several factors, but primarily because it can tow my beloved 19' vintage Airstream. I live near Phoenix, AZ. I think I will have to order one to build, because I have some specific desires & needs (wants?) that seem to be less common. First... it has to be Red. (LOL) 2nd... It has to have an interior that is almost anything but black, as I have a white Borzoi puppy as my traveling companion who will soon be a 120 furry ball of white shedding fluff. 3rd... it must have the Max Tow Package. I am a retired high school teacher with limited funds so am looking at the Sport S with not a whole lot of bells & whistles. I have learned so very much from the folks on this forum and have read all I could about the build & ordering process, as well as about working with dealers. I have not seen any recommended dealers in Arizona, despite seeing quite a few forum members from AZ. I wouldn't mind traveling to another SW state to save some cash. NM, Utah, NV & hesitantly, SO CA. Although I would rather keep it here in AZ if possible. I would appreciate any recommendations that I may get the best deal possible & working with a good person. Thanks so much, all! [The pic attached is of my 1962 Airstream & my previous Borzoi enjoying the views a Badlands NP.]
Jeep Gladiator State by State Dealer recommendation? 20210921_182356
Sponsored

pmpmstrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD, JLUWD
Hello, everyone. I am soon to order my very first, but, always lusted after, Jeep. The Gladiator is my choice due to several factors, but primarily because it can tow my beloved 19' vintage Airstream. I live near Phoenix, AZ. I think I will have to order one to build, because I have some specific desires & needs (wants?) that seem to be less common. First... it has to be Red. (LOL) 2nd... It has to have an interior that is almost anything but black, as I have a white Borzoi puppy as my traveling companion who will soon be a 120 furry ball of white shedding fluff. 3rd... it must have the Max Tow Package. I am a retired high school teacher with limited funds so am looking at the Sport S with not a whole lot of bells & whistles. I have learned so very much from the folks on this forum and have read all I could about the build & ordering process, as well as about working with dealers. I have not seen any recommended dealers in Arizona, despite seeing quite a few forum members from AZ. I wouldn't mind traveling to another SW state to save some cash. NM, Utah, NV & hesitantly, SO CA. Although I would rather keep it here in AZ if possible. I would appreciate any recommendations that I may get the best deal possible & working with a good person. Thanks so much, all! [The pic attached is of my 1962 Airstream & my previous Borzoi enjoying the views a Badlands NP.]
Jeep Gladiator State by State Dealer recommendation? 20210921_182356
I live South of Phoenix. I highly recommend Kent with Peterson DCJR out of Boise. He's the closest to us for the best price. He's no BS. We picked up my Wife's Wrangler from him in June, I'm picking up my Gladiator from him next Thursday, and my father in law just ordered a 4Xe. Allegiant flies up there cheap and then it's about 1000 miles back. I really liked the drive through Northern Neveda. Go to Jeep.com, build your Jeep, then send him the build sheet and he'll give you the price. [email protected] Depends on what you're getting but both of ours came in about 10-11% under MSRP. If you're going to order it anyway might as well save some money.

pmpmstrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD, JLUWD
If you are set on keeping it in state I can set you up with someone at Earnhardt CJDR although he won't be able to come anywhere close to the price that Kent can.

OP
OP
Adobehome.judy

Adobehome.judy

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
Thank you. Pmpm... I am definitely NOT determined to stay in AZ. I can easily drive up or over to a good & fair dealer. Trade in my Xterra & drive back! Sounds like a dream vacation. Thx

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. Pmpm... I am definitely NOT determined to stay in AZ. I can easily drive up or over to a good & fair dealer. Trade in my Xterra & drive back! Sounds like a dream vacation. Thx
Hey, I also came from an Xterra!

I also went with Kent in Idaho. He treated me so well that both my pops and father in law bought trucks from him within the year. He’s good people. Reach out to him.

Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Add another recommendation for Kent. Pretty smooth transaction, and I did almost the same build as you are looking for. Only, I get the better color in Gobi. Nice thing about Sport S is you can get the Tan and Black cloth seats, so no black. Only other things I added were the Customer preferred package and the aux switches. MSRP was $47k and got it for just under $43 before tax and fees. Not a bad deal for a tank of gas and free Southwest flight from points.

Only thing that might make it tough is to get the deal you have to finance the whole thing with max of 20% down. After six months you can pay off or refinance. If you want to use your trade, you will be knocked down to the 1% below invoice that Tread Lightly gets you from any dealer. Oh, sign up for that when you get serious about ordering. Easy and benefits our hobby greatly.

OP
OP
Adobehome.judy

Adobehome.judy

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
Thanks, USMC! Not sure what you mean about "If you want to use your trade, you will be knocked down to the 1% below invoice that Tread Lightly gets you from any dealer." Does that mean that using my trade will give me less of a discount from Kent? Or that I may as well stay in AZ as the TL discount will get me the same price here?

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
As a former AZ resident, I have dealt with Avondale CDJR, Bill Luke CDJR, and the Chapman group in Phoenix and York CDJR in Prescott and Oxendale CDJR in Cottonwood. I was treated by far the best in Prescott and purchased a couple of vehicles from them.

As others have stated, go for the Tread Lightly or Chrysler Affiliate pricing if you qualify. It winds up at 1% under invoice. Or in my case with my JTM purchase here in WI last March, 8% below MSRP.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
And yes, if you have a trade-in, it complicates the numbers a bit but if you are on your game, you can sometimes come out pretty good after all is said and done. ;)

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, USMC! Not sure what you mean about "If you want to use your trade, you will be knocked down to the 1% below invoice that Tread Lightly gets you from any dealer." Does that mean that using my trade will give me less of a discount from Kent? Or that I may as well stay in AZ as the TL discount will get me the same price here?
I didn’t do a trade in with them, so I‘m really not sure either. However, if you get with Kent he’ll help get you the best possible deal.

I sold my X on the street and got a whole lot more for it, if its not paid off it might be your best bet or use a CarMax or other type of local dealer to get that sucker paid off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adobehome.judy

Adobehome.judy

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
Thanks, Jefe! My X has 272,000 & is a 2010. Of course paid off. LOL. Not sure I'd get much on the street OR trade in for it. Ha!

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Thanks, Jefe! My X has 272,000 & is a 2010. Of course paid off. LOL. Not sure I'd get much on the street OR trade in for it. Ha!
If that is the case, then I would reach out to Kent and see what he says.

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 I wanted to trade that should have covered most of the cost of the Jeep. Kent told me that to get the 6% below invoice I have to finance most of the cost with 20% down as the most cash allowed. Tread Lightly gets you another 1% and most deals come to between 7 and 8% below invoice.

I am sure this is due to the financing kick back Peterson gets for each loan that is generated.

If your trade would be less than the 20% down, then I am sure they will take the trade if they want it.

I second @Jefe1018 's recommendation to check with the online buyers for a quote to compare what Kent might offer. You never know, check autotrader too to see what others are selling theirs for. Maybe you could get decent as a private sale.

OP
OP
Adobehome.judy

Adobehome.judy

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
I live South of Phoenix. I highly recommend Kent with Peterson DCJR out of Boise. He's the closest to us for the best price. He's no BS. We picked up my Wife's Wrangler from him in June, I'm picking up my Gladiator from him next Thursday, and my father in law just ordered a 4Xe. Allegiant flies up there cheap and then it's about 1000 miles back. I really liked the drive through Northern Neveda. Go to Jeep.com, build your Jeep, then send him the build sheet and he'll give you the price. [email protected] Depends on what you're getting but both of ours came in about 10-11% under MSRP. If you're going to order it anyway might as well save some money.

Hey! pmpmstrb. I am assuming that if you picked up your new Gladiator yesterday, you are on the road, driving back to Arizona. JIK you see this and when you do, can you advise of any thing that I need to know re buying out of state new vehicle and bringing home to AZ? How did you handle the AZ registration & tags? Kent gave me a great price & has been helpful. But, I do not see AZ reg. fee on his quote. Thanks, again!

pmpmstrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD, JLUWD
Hey! pmpmstrb. I am assuming that if you picked up your new Gladiator yesterday, you are on the road, driving back to Arizona. JIK you see this and when you do, can you advise of any thing that I need to know re buying out of state new vehicle and bringing home to AZ? How did you handle the AZ registration & tags? Kent gave me a great price & has been helpful. But, I do not see AZ reg. fee on his quote. Thanks, again!
I'm glad you reached out to him. Picked it up yesterday and am about 2 hours out from home. When we bought the wife's Wrangler they asked what MVD we wanted the title paperwork sent to. When the MVD received it they called us to let us know we could come register it. At the time of registration we owed another $150ish for registration/tags. Kent does his best to get the price as accurate as possible. I believe all he quotes is the cost of the vehicle and the taxes. Everything else is due at time of registration. Don't be scared, it really is an easy process.

OP
OP
Adobehome.judy

Adobehome.judy

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra Off Road
Occupation
Thank you, pmpmstrb! Not scared! Just cautious, LOL.
Sponsored