Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This would be a great option for me as well. My wife is short but we also carry quite a bit of weight on our overland trips.
‘Do you have an estimated release date yet?
Probably July :)
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Are you going to do a set of heavy duty rear springs for the diesel similar to what is offered in the 2.5 kit?
Edit:
Guess I should have added some more information.
With the @Clayton Off Road 2.5 diesel lift giving closer or more than 3 does the 1.5 give more than 2"?

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Are you going to do a set of heavy duty rear springs for the diesel similar to what is offered in the 2.5 kit?
I just installed the AEV Dualsport lift..
Jeep Gladiator Stiffer Springs(coils)/Heavy duty Coils IMG_1231

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Are you going to bigger tires with that?
Yes a little bit. I’m either going with 285/75R17 which is a 34” tire or a 35x11.5r17 which is a 35” tire. Either will be E rated.
I’m just not a fan of fat oversized tires…

acmorrill23

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I had the Fox 2.5 shocks and Dobinsons springs installed a few days ago. Huge improvement with the body roll feeling. I still feel some slight hop around 30-35mph but I also need to learn more about the shock adjustment and dial it all in. For now it is MUCH stiffer. I also had several Steer Smarts items installed but honestly I can't tell much difference with those. I forgot to get a measurement with the Mopar 2" lift shocks and springs before the install. It does not look to be sagging at all. I don't have a full cabinet build inside but I did have at least 150lbs more of parts in the back yesterday and still didn't really notice any sag.

Sorry to resurrect this, but I am doing the Mopar lift and want to also switch out the back springs to Dobinsons. Can you tell me which Dobinsons springs you went with? Was it the 2" or 3"? https://exitoffroad.com/product/dob...ift-coils-for-jeep-gladiator-880-1210lb-load/ or https://exitoffroad.com/product/dob...ft-coils-for-jeep-gladiator-extra-heavy-load/

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Sorry to resurrect this, but I am doing the Mopar lift and want to also switch out the back springs to Dobinsons. Can you tell me which Dobinsons springs you went with? Was it the 2" or 3"? https://exitoffroad.com/product/dob...ift-coils-for-jeep-gladiator-880-1210lb-load/ or https://exitoffroad.com/product/dob...ft-coils-for-jeep-gladiator-extra-heavy-load/
I did 3" in front and 2" in rear. The rake is perfect. 2" only comes in teal which is what I have on the back but I went with black 3" for the front since they are much more visible.

This is what I went with:
Dobinsons Front Coil Springs for Jeep Gladiator JT (C29-228V)
Dobinsons Rear 2" Heavy Duty Coil Springs for Jeep Gladiator JT (C29-245V)

The coil spring retainer is recommended for 2" rear coils with IMS29-60743 & MRA29-A743 shocks.

Hope that helps!

acmorrill23

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I did 3" in front and 2" in rear. The rake is perfect. 2" only comes in teal which is what I have on the back but I went with black 3" for the front since they are much more visible.

The coil spring retainer is recommended for 2" rear coils with IMS29-60743 & MRA29-A743 shocks.

Hope that helps!
Awesome - thank you!

Sponsored

HereWeGo

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

I also have the 2" Mopar lift and want extra capacity for overlanding. I really like your spring idea. Is your JT gas or diesel? What's confusing is putting a 3" spring in front and a 2" in back, seems the rake would be wrong, but yours looks great. How is that? Is it just the light front spring rating?

Do you really have 880+ lbs of extra weight in the back?

And just to be sure, did you keep all the other Mopar kit components including control arms?

Last edited:

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I also have the 2" Mopar lift and want extra capacity for overlanding. I really like your spring idea. Is your JT gas or diesel? What's confusing is putting a 3" spring in front and a 2" in back, seems the rake would be wrong, but yours looks great. How is that? Is it just the light front spring rating?

Do you really have 880+ lbs of extra weight in the back?

And just to be sure, did you keep all the other Mopar kit components including control arms?
I would say when fully loaded I am close to 1000lbs with the camper and gear. I really don't see any sag in the rear. I have gas 3.6L. I still have a few of the Mopar components. I have swapped several items up front with Steer Smarts and have Hellwig sway bar and Steer Smarts rear adjustable track bar.
Sponsored