First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I currently have the Mopar 2" lift. I have an Alu-Cab installed and would like to stiffen up the rear some. I have already added a Hellwig Rear Sway Bar which has helped a lot. I want to stiffen up the rear some as I feel a little bounce now with the Alu-Cab. The rear sagged very little with the Alu-Cab, it's just a little bouncy now. I want to upgrade it once and be done. I am hesitant to add air bags since if I am going to put in the work to add the bags I could go ahead and add stiffer springs or a more adjustable suspension. I have seen a few others with the Alu-Cab that have added Falcon adjustable suspension. I don't mind spending some money to do it right up-front so that I don't need to mess with it anymore, even if it means swapping the Mopar 2". But, I don't want to go more than 2-2.5".

Suggestions?

IMG_7591.JPG
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Easy OP, criticism is generally part of putting up a thread. A bunch a people who think they are right because it’s what they want and need not necessarily what YOU want and need.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Jeremy,

Unfortunately stiffer springs aren't finding their way to the market. Several places state "In the works" but nothing available yet. Everything is tuned towards lifts with road manners and that doesn't work with a HD spring.

The airbags can be installed without disassembly of suspension. Air them out, fold them, and work them into the coil. If you use jack stands under the frame you can unload pressure on springs to make openings bigger. With your lift and carrying extra weight, try the set for the RAM 1500. Somewhere on this Board someone has done it and said it was a perfect fit.
With the airbags you can "tune" the ride by varying the amount of air. Use a gauge and when you find the sweet spot you know where to set your air pressure.

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeremy,

Unfortunately stiffer springs aren't finding their way to the market. Several places state "In the works" but nothing available yet. Everything is tuned towards lifts with road manners and that doesn't work with a HD spring.

The airbags can be installed without disassembly of suspension. Air them out, fold them, and work them into the coil. If you use jack stands under the frame you can unload pressure on springs to make openings bigger. With your lift and carrying extra weight, try the set for the RAM 1500. Somewhere on this Board someone has done it and said it was a perfect fit.
With the airbags you can "tune" the ride by varying the amount of air. Use a gauge and when you find the sweet spot you know where to set your air pressure.
I actually have the RAM 1500 bags in the garage. I was reading that I also needed the spacer from the Gladiator kit. Do you know if that it true? I am also looking into completely different shocks to see if that may be a better solution. I prefer to do it once and don't mind some extra cost if that is the better solution since the Alu-Cab will be on all the time.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
On the spacer, look for the person who did the install and ask. I don't remember which thread it is in or who it was.

Shocks, yes, better, adjustable shocks will help control the compression and rebound of the springs. Those take some time to tune to your needs. Problem is, all the high end shocks are running 15+ months back order. Rancho offers a 9000 series for the JT, which has adjustment. I believe they are in stock and will give you an idea of what you can accomplish for a fraction of the cost of King's or Falcon's or even Fox.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Hey Jeremy, @darkhorse13 is running a Clayton spring combo with a 600 lbs of static load. I don't remember what shocks he is running.

Maybe worth checking into.

Good luck, safe travels.

Last edited:

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hey Jeremy, @darkhorse13 is running a Clayton spring combo with a 600 lbs of static load. I don't remember what shocks her is running.

Maybe worth checking into.

Good luck, safe travels.
I'm running Falcon SP2 3.3's. HD coils are coming from AEV and Dobinson's...apparently. In the meantime, running an inch taller spring in the rear will yield the same results. Clayton has some of the highest spring rates on the market and I'm running the 2.5" in front and 3.5" in the rear. I'm netting almost exactly 3" of lift at all 4 corners. GP Factor has the most well built out AluCab Canopy camper on the market and he's heavy. He's running the Clayton 2.5" coils up front and the 3.5" rear coils with a Daystar 3/4" spacer and Falcon SP2 3.3's to stay level.

The Falcon's (IMO) do not necessitate a larger sway bar like a Hellwig as they are valved stiff enough to keep body roll at a minimum. I run my shaft twist setting on soft and the dial at "1" on the road at all times. I've not even used the "3" setting on the dial.

OP
OP
813 Fabrication & Design

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm running Falcon SP2 3.3's. HD coils are coming from AEV and Dobinson's...apparently. In the meantime, running an inch taller spring in the rear will yield the same results. Clayton has some of the highest spring rates on the market and I'm running the 2.5" in front and 3.5" in the rear. I'm netting almost exactly 3" of lift at all 4 corners. GP Factor has the most well built out AluCab Canopy camper on the market and he's heavy. He's running the Clayton 2.5" coils up front and the 3.5" rear coils with a Daystar 3/4" spacer and Falcon SP2 3.3's to stay level.

The Falcon's (IMO) do not necessitate a larger sway bar like a Hellwig as they are valved stiff enough to keep body roll at a minimum. I run my shaft twist setting on soft and the dial at "1" on the road at all times. I've not even used the "3" setting on the dial.
Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
OP-
I also have the alucab canopy camper and Mopar 2”
We are in the beginning stages of prepping for a suspension overhaul.
we have 40k miles on the current setup and think it’s time for an upgrade.

the SDI E-Clik or similar from Terraflex is nearing the top of our list as we do some fairly technical trails and would like the ability to switch from stiffer for street to softer for trail via the cab.

https://www.suspensiondirect.com/sh.../result/?make=Jeep&model=JT&year=2020&cat=404

send me a PM as you start to narrow your search.
I currently have the Mopar 2" lift. I have an Alu-Cab installed and would like to stiffen up the rear some. I have already added a Hellwig Rear Sway Bar which has helped a lot. I want to stiffen up the rear some as I feel a little bounce now with the Alu-Cab. The rear sagged very little with the Alu-Cab, it's just a little bouncy now. I want to upgrade it once and be done. I am hesitant to add air bags since if I am going to put in the work to add the bags I could go ahead and add stiffer springs or a more adjustable suspension. I have seen a few others with the Alu-Cab that have added Falcon adjustable suspension. I don't mind spending some money to do it right up-front so that I don't need to mess with it anymore, even if it means swapping the Mopar 2". But, I don't want to go more than 2-2.5".

Suggestions?

IMG_7591.JPG

Last edited:

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I know we’ve talked a bit and I’ve done a lot of research on this. Though I needed up with the Teraflex RT3 short arm LT suspension. I’ve decided that because of the extra weight and the limit of HD options out there, especially when talking over 3” lift for HD springs. I ended up speaking as ad naseum to an engineer at Teraflex. We ended up doing 3.5 front and 4.5 springs in the back. With the Falcon 3.3s shocks to round it out. I will also be adding an airbag setup as well to help changing loads such as extra fuel or water or camper extras etc. I believe it will allows the best flexibility for my setup, performance and ride. Without me having the rear end sag. You’ve got a great setup and some good capability’s of fabrication. I do not think this is a one step and done thing for you. I feel that you will need to attack this a few ways. Either from larger springs and shocks to adding the previous and airbags. The adj shocks will definitely stop the bouncy feeling and tighten it up. For me not having to run a heavier sway bar allows me to use the Teraflex bar that relocates the links up in the wheel shell and not hanging down below the axle a win win.

Yoi adding adj shock allowing better compression and rebound of the axles with will help immensely. Adding the spring will gain some more travel back from any weight added. You may not notice it but I’ll bet you your springs have compressed over factory height. As well as the airbag adding the extra flexibility when your loaded down. Until there is a better spring option out there that allows these Overlanding weights even the Dobson seems like a better solution but at only 3” isn’t a great solution. Australia definitely has it down when building vehicles to increase the GVWR ratings. But are limited on how they lift vehicles. We just need to continue to play catch up here as them making a specific spring for this market I don’t see in the proverbial deck of cards. Good luck.
Sponsored