Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Just placed my order for the Stinger! I’m looking at cameras on Amazon- anyone know how to run a camera placed on the side mirrors back into the dash area?
Any chance this could eventually be a water/element safe upgrade? This only thing that has me on the edge.
We are working on getting solutions on our site, but I don't currently have any dates for new cameras or protectors.

For side mount cameras, I recommend the PCAM-BS1 from EchoMaster: https://catalog.echomaster.com/catalog/universal-solutions/pcam-bs1
Sponsored

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Took my truck to the dealership today for an oil change and the Heigh10 was the talk of the service department! Maybe I should sign up to be a brand ambassador, pretty sure I have sold a few of these things LOL :LOL:

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Took my truck to the dealership today for an oil change and the Heigh10 was the talk of the service department! Maybe I should sign up to be a brand ambassador, pretty sure I have sold a few of these things LOL :LOL:
We have one of those 😎

Jeepmanstpete

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager
Hey Nick,

As far as wireless CarPlay adapter, I have seen users say they used them fine with the HEIGH10. However, we have not verified how well it works. Plugging in for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will provide a higher quality data transfer as well as charge your device.
Thank you!

***Correction to this comment: Apple CarPlay will not work through the USB in the dash. You will need to run the connection to the USB in the center console as indicated in the installation manual.
Thanks! I tried it out and as you stated, it did not work. I had
Hey Nick,

As far as wireless CarPlay adapter, I have seen users say they used them fine with the HEIGH10. However, we have not verified how well it works. Plugging in for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will provide a higher quality data transfer as well as charge your device.
Thank you!

***Correction to this comment: Apple CarPlay will not work through the USB in the dash. You will need to run the connection to the USB in the center console as indicated in the installation manual.
Thanks! Just saw this reply but I figured it out during my install. Luckily I tried it out before reinstalling the dash. Center console port it is!

Sponsored

Jeepmanstpete

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager
Been a week with my new Stinger 10 radio. Definitely loving it 😁 but there are a few things I’m still tweaking and learning.

1: I know the OEM compass won’t work any longer but shouldn’t the compass within the Stinger work? The compass calibration is set to off but I switch it on and nothing happens. If I exit the screen and go back in, is set back to off. I didn’t buy the iGo navigation disk so wondering if that’s why. Anyone else?

2: I haven’t quite figured out the purpose of the chime speaker. I don’t think I’ve heard it really chime yet. Sometimes it makes a little static muffled chirp but that’s it. Possibly faulty?!? Anyone else have any insights? Might have to put a call into tech support.

3: I installed the external mic. I’ve used both the external and internal and people tell me they hear me better through the internal mic. As for hearing other people, the sound isn’t the same as the OEM. I’ve tried tweaking the BT volume setting to see if that helps but not much luck. At this point I’d rather talk directly on my phone or earbuds vs through the radio connection. I’m sure I just need to tweak something and it will eventually work. Going to call on this one too.

4: 😍 loving all the functions to control sound! In fact, between the equalizer and crossover I’ve got my hands full with learning how to adjust it all. Having different presets is definitely helpful as I’ve experienced different qualities of sound between CarPlay, Sirius and the radio. Created some different EQ presets pending my source of music.

A9DAB0CF-6150-4CC5-BBE0-A65719298E9A.jpeg

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Been a week with my new Stinger 10 radio. Definitely loving it 😁 but there are a few things I’m still tweaking and learning.

1: I know the OEM compass won’t work any longer but shouldn’t the compass within the Stinger work? The compass calibration is set to off but I switch it on and nothing happens. If I exit the screen and go back in, is set back to off. I didn’t buy the iGo navigation disk so wondering if that’s why. Anyone else?

2: I haven’t quite figured out the purpose of the chime speaker. I don’t think I’ve heard it really chime yet. Sometimes it makes a little static muffled chirp but that’s it. Possibly faulty?!? Anyone else have any insights? Might have to put a call into tech support.

3: I installed the external mic. I’ve used both the external and internal and people tell me they hear me better through the internal mic. As for hearing other people, the sound isn’t the same as the OEM. I’ve tried tweaking the BT volume setting to see if that helps but not much luck. At this point I’d rather talk directly on my phone or earbuds vs through the radio connection. I’m sure I just need to tweak something and it will eventually work. Going to call on this one too.

4: 😍 loving all the functions to control sound! In fact, between the equalizer and crossover I’ve got my hands full with learning how to adjust it all. Having different presets is definitely helpful as I’ve experienced different qualities of sound between CarPlay, Sirius and the radio. Created some different EQ presets pending my source of music.

Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement A9DAB0CF-6150-4CC5-BBE0-A65719298E9A
1. I’ll check mine tomorrow and see what it does
2. Cant say that I have ever heard my chime speaker do anything either.
3. I used the external mic and mounted it next to my rear view mirror, I haven’t had a complaint.
4. Way better than the factory radio right?!?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics

Hey Nick,

My first recommendation is to give us a call so we can walk through this together. Our techs are great and we will get you taken care of. (727) 732-3114
Here are my thoughts in the meantime to help troubleshoot:
1. Is the GPS antenna installed in the correct location? The compass should work on the HEIGH10 screen with or without GPS.
2. The chime speaker is used while the screen is booting up so if he has parking sensors or something like that it would come out of that little external speaker until the radio comes on and than the chimes come out of the speakers.
3. I haven't had any complaints about either mic so this one is new to me. Where is the external mic located? Possibly just need to dial in the settings.

Give us a call and we can definitely help.

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Having troubles installing mine. All the connectors have this black locking piece on them that secures the wires inside. from the best i can tell by looking at the install video, pics here, and in the manual, none of the white integration connectors have this black piece. it is making it impossible to properly seat the connectors in the receptacles on the PAC or Brain. or, if i do get it to seat in there, the tab sticks over into any adjacent receptacle. can i remove the black pieces? i would but, i'm worried about the wires becoming unsecured in the connectors. did i get a weird harness??
i sent an email to support but, it seems they are closed on the weekends. :\ may just have to try again next weekend :(

IMG_1903.PNG

IMG_1904.PNG

IMG_1905.PNG

IMG_1906.PNG

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Having troubles installing mine. All the connectors have this black locking piece on them that secures the wires inside. from the best i can tell by looking at the install video, pics here, and in the manual, none of the white integration connectors have this black piece. it is making it impossible to properly seat the connectors in the receptacles on the PAC or Brain. or, if i do get it to seat in there, the tab sticks over into any adjacent receptacle. can i remove the black pieces? i would but, i'm worried about the wires becoming unsecured in the connectors. did i get a weird harness??
i sent an email to support but, it seems they are closed on the weekends. :\ may just have to try again next weekend :(

IMG_1903.PNG

IMG_1904.PNG

IMG_1905.PNG

IMG_1906.PNG
Recommend you hang tight and wait for support - you risk letting out the magic smoke...

Sponsored

Jeepmanstpete

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager

Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement IMG_1906.PNG

I had one or two connectors that had the black thing as well and had trouble getting them to clip in. I removed them. I checked the Stinger install video on YouTube and noticed that none of the plugs in the video had them, so figured it was ok.

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had one or two connectors that had the black thing as well and had trouble getting them to clip in. I removed them. I checked the Stinger install video on YouTube and noticed that none of the plugs in the video had them, so figured it was ok.
That's what i figure too. but was unsure, wanted to see if anyone else had them, too. seriously though almost all of them have it, lol, not just a few.

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
That's what i figure too. but was unsure, wanted to see if anyone else had them, too. seriously though almost all of them have it, lol, not just a few.
Let us know what you hear from Stinger. Planning to do my install this week.

scourge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Police Officer
I was going just buy the premium audio package with my gladiator because I want both a larger screen and a better stereo. Now they are telling me Jeep is no longer offering the premium audio package as an upgrade on the trim level I want. I could go with this system which is a great price and looks amazing, but how much would it cost to upgrade a stereo to close to the premium audio package? I have no idea. Anyone have any clue?

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Let us know what you hear from Stinger. Planning to do my install this week.
Per Stinger Support, those black clips are to be removed. They are going to get this corrected in production.

I was going just buy the premium audio package with my gladiator because I want both a larger screen and a better stereo. Now they are telling me Jeep is no longer offering the premium audio package as an upgrade on the trim level I want. I could go with this system which is a great price and looks amazing, but how much would it cost to upgrade a stereo to close to the premium audio package? I have no idea. Anyone have any clue?
Too many Variables involved to give an accurate price. i can tell you what i've done/plan on doing. i've replaced my stock knee and soundbar speakers with Alpine Type S 6.5" coaxial speakers. i haven't nor do i plan too anytime soon worry about my dash tweeters, yet. i am planning on a compact powered sub behind the back seat.

~$1600 Stinger
~$99/pair Alpines x2 ($200)
~$99 Metra 6.5 Knee pod replacemnets
~$99 SVR Soundbar 6.5" soundbar adapters
~$299 Alpine 8" powered sub
Total: ~$2300.
I've actually spent much more than that because there's been stuff i've bought but not liked as much. IE I'm replacing a 7" pioneer with this stinger. You on the other hand may just want to keep the same size speakers and just upgrade with direct replacements, etc.
Sponsored