Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Thank you for the replies. I didn't specify which rim I was talking about but I am talking about the17" Willys rim. I bought a set to put on my Overland when it comes in. I like the Overland rim but I wanted a black rim and didn't want to mess with the whole plastidip deal to get them.
I will be using the truck to tow my boat (5000 pounds) and don't want to have tire issues

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I have a 37" tire mounted to my spare wheel. Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but you also have to make sure the tire shop is willing to mount a larger tire on the wheel too. My local place agreed since it was only going on a spare.

BGH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Finance
I went with the all terrain Toyo 35x11.50r17, partly to stay within wheel specs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
My 315/70-17s do fine on the stock wheel. I’ve gone up to 90 mph on them with zero problems or discomfort. Cornering is definitely softer than the 33s I had previously but that could be the low tire pressure I’m running (34 psi cold).

I haven’t had a chance to wheel them yet so I don’t know how low in pressure I can go before it comes off the bead. I’ll probably stay above 20 psi cold just in case.

Can you post a few pics with the 315's please?

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
How high do those measure if you use a tape measure? 34.5?

I haven't put a tape measure on them. They are bigger than the 285s that came on my truck. I use a website for tire size comparisons when I am looking for tires. The website shows just 2 choices for 35x11.5r17. The Toyo is spec'd at 34.5. The Nito is spec'd at 34.76. (from this website: 35X11.50R17 Tires (tiresize.com) )

I picked the Toyo because it is all terrain, and it weighs virtually the same as the 285 tires that came on my truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
35x11.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Jeep Gladiator Stock wheels and 35’s FE36302E-2D11-4A17-A4C4-A63581203ABB

Looks good Hostile, these may be an option I have to look at, was hoping for some BFG KO2's but i'd like to have a AT tire that are true 34"-35". Do the Nitto's wear good? Had a buddy that had a set of Nitto AT's and they didn't last very long for him.

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Assuming your referencing the Overland wheel since you didn’t give a lot of details….(but it is typically narrower at a 7.5 width)……people do those sizes but I personally don’t recommend it.

In keeping my stock wheels I did heavy research on this topic. There’s several threads on it here too if you search.

I have 295/70s and they are that sweet spot for the narrow wheel. Basically a 35 equivalent. I’ll be finally getting rid of the stock wheels soon. But couldn’t justify buying new rims right away when the Overland wheel is arguably the best stock wheel of any trim

Jeep Gladiator Stock wheels and 35’s FE36302E-2D11-4A17-A4C4-A63581203ABB

Sarge your JT build was one of my favorites I looked at on here while researching. If I was keeping the Overland wheels this would be the way I would go but I'm finding out, switching down to the 17" wheel has me very limited in tires options in the size I want. If the Overland wheels were black I would of stuck with them for sure

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Sarge your JT build was one of my favorites I looked at on here while researching. If I was keeping the Overland wheels this would be the way I would go but I'm finding out, switching down to the 17" wheel has me very limited in tires options in the size I want. If the Overland wheels were black I would of stuck with them for sure
Thanks man. And I totally agree on having way more options. I contemplated going down to 17s for awhile. But then just embraced the 18s. Just couldn’t justify buying new wheels at least right away when the Overland ones aren’t bad and look great. However now that it’s been awhile I’m probably gonna get some KMCs soon although they still be 18s since it hasn’t been long since I bought tires in 18s. I don’t wanna have to buy all new tires again. Expensive. 😀

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you! That looks about exactly what i'm wanting to achieve with my JT. If you don't mind me asking, are you stock or lifted? What tires are those?
RC 2.5” Level up front (springs and shocks)
Daystar 3/4” spacer lift in the back.

Tires are Kenda Klevar AT2s (E rated, 65lbs per tire). They’ve been good so far but I’ve only had them for a little over a week. No wheeling or extreme weather performance test yet. They are rated for extreme snow though if that’s something you need.

@BaliMawr

Yea, mine is a max tow with a lift. Details above. Just fyi, if you want rake, go with something bigger than the 3/4” rear spacer.
Sponsored