First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Love my 2021 27' Vantage Sonic SN220VRB. It's ~5,100 lbs with all we want or need. My Overland handles it very nicely.

My wife really likes it too. She's is originally from Ukraine where they don't do this kinda stuff so she was skeptical at first but, came to really enjoy it.

Pics of my set up...

2021-Venture-RV-Sonic-SN220VRB-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.jpg

Front Yard Pic.jpg

Camp Johnson1.jpg
Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
IMHO anything under 22’ under 7.5’ wide under 4k dry weight (for a mojito).

preferable tandem axel but that’s just me.

Mandatory break controller and weight distribution hitch, I like Anderson. Sumo springs depending but that kinda goes against the mojito.

The rest is all preference price point and needs.

I bought wanting a full bath, large water tank and the ability to carry a motorcycle or atv. So I got a mini toy hauler at 16’ but mine is a beef cake at 5100ish pounds ready for the road. Full water and a bike I would be 6300-6500 bike depending.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
One cool trick with a single-axle offroad version is you may be able to use the same tires on the trailer that you have on the tow vehicle.

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
I would look at a hybrid camper. That’s a camper that has all the luxuries of a travel trailer but weighs a lot less. You will get a full kitchen, bathroom and dinette. Then the beds will pop out like a pop up camper. I don’t know the exact weight a Mojave can tow but I do not think it’s much. Max tow is only available in a Sport or Sport S. I personally think the small 2 wheel campers are way too cramped. It’s all a matter of what you want. BUT most importantly your camper must weigh 1,000 pounds less than your towing capacity. That will allow for the weight of everything you put in it. You also need to consider where you’re camping. If you’re going into the mountains you will want to be as light as possible because you will overwork your transmission trying to pull your max weight up the mountain and then trying to stop on the way down. Good luck with your search and do a lot of research. Travel trailers have no resale so getting the wrong one is a costly mistake.

Sponsored

HorsesRear

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
I would recommend an Airstream. Built to last and easy to tow.

Grumpy_Guy

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I am interested in getting a camper for my 2020 Mojave . Any suggestions?
I was content with my Casita, from Florida to Alaska and back. No problems on the way except a screw popped out on one of the shade mounts. 14000 mile trip!
Jeep Gladiator Suggested campers? IMG_3771

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I would look at a hybrid camper. That’s a camper that has all the luxuries of a travel trailer but weighs a lot less. You will get a full kitchen, bathroom and dinette. Then the beds will pop out like a pop up camper. I don’t know the exact weight a Mojave can tow but I do not think it’s much. Max tow is only available in a Sport or Sport S. I personally think the small 2 wheel campers are way too cramped. It’s all a matter of what you want. BUT most importantly your camper must weigh 1,000 pounds less than your towing capacity. That will allow for the weight of everything you put in it. You also need to consider where you’re camping. If you’re going into the mountains you will want to be as light as possible because you will overwork your transmission trying to pull your max weight up the mountain and then trying to stop on the way down. Good luck with your search and do a lot of research. Travel trailers have no resale so getting the wrong one is a costly mistake.
If I recall, the Mojave is like, or close to, the Rubicon in it's towing capacity. The Rubi is rated at 7,000 lbs mostly due to springs having a higher rating (like the MaxTow) and 4.1 gearing. If I recall correctly, the Mojave is 6,500 lbs because of softer springs but it still has the 4.1 gearing. All others are 6,000 lbs towing capacity (except for the MaxTow which is 7,600 lbs).

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
If I recall correctly, the Mojave is 6,500 lbs because of softer springs but it still has the 4.1 gearing. All others are 6,000 lbs towing capacity (except for the MaxTow which is 7,600 lbs).
A Mojave in AT with tow package has a 6,000lbs tow capacity. A trailer with a dry weight below 4,000lbs is perfect for the Mojave.

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
I would recommend an Airstream. Built to last and easy to tow.
I looked at the smaller, more affordable(if you can call +$50k affordable) Airstreams. The floor plans were too cramped. The larger ones with the nice floor plans are too heavy for a Gladiator, Mojaves even moreso.

Sponsored

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
R-Pod 180 is lightweight and a great design. Has a dry bath, can still use with the slide out in, and decent storage. The only issue is bed length. R-Pods are narrower design for weight savings, areodynamics, and damage avoidance. Therefore the bed is a “short queen”. I would say you need to be under 6 foot to use comfortably, or sleep fetal. We have towed ours thousands of miles and love it. We bought used and did some upgrades. Huge forum for support and ideas.

IMG_1856.jpeg

GROGG

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys and 2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
RETIRED
bed cover or travel trailer?
22 Gladiator Rubicon
21 GeoPro 12 rk
1250 lbs
Pulls all day at 70mph on cruise in 8th gear. Park it anywhere. I love it. Unhook it from the truck and it's set up. Did some cool modifications as well.

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM

Okk9

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Suggested campers? 53e305bc-18be-4d9f-af50-d0a06e8bf54c-1_all_82

2023 Springdale mini 1740RK. 4020 pounds dry, run just under 5k after loaded. Changed shocks and steering dampner to bilsteins. About 9-10 mpg, usually do 65 mph, but no issues with 70 on main highways. Plan on getting fuel every 150-170 miles, unless you want to chance it. I carry a 2 gallon can in the bed just in case. Be sure to use a good weight distribution hitch and trailer brake controller. We are happy with this setup, i personally wouldn't go much bigger or heavier, but thats a personal choice because you could. This set up feels good and stable for our needs. Good luck!
Sponsored