First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The root problem is that now the geometry of your control arms has changed. The more parallel your control arms are to the roadway the better the truck will ride. When you start to introduce any angle at all into the control arms now you are transferring energy into the frame with every bump and imperfection. Double whammy because the track bars also changed when you lifted. So now you're getting vertical energy and torsional energy into the frame. It's going to ride rough. No way around it except geometry correction brackets.

And yeah...65 PSI was way too much.
The root cause was tires inflated to twice the necessary pressure. That’s all. It doesn’t matter that he’s lifted with 65 psi in the tires.
Sponsored

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Oof, I’m glad to hear it was a quick and easy fix (free, even!)

I can only imagine your ride felt like your tires were made of concrete!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yeah, so I dropped the pressure to 40 psi for my ride home today and it was a total game changer. Feel like a real idiot now, but at least it's solved so theres that. Thanks to all for you input!
I run 28-30psi on my 35s. That's what gets the tread fully planted. Anything more and you see the outer treads start to leave the pavement and the tire rounds out.

Can only imagine what 65 felt like.

OP
OP
BalancedPete

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
I run 28-30psi on my 35s. That's what gets the tread fully planted. Anything more and you see the outer treads start to leave the pavement and the tire rounds out.

Can only imagine what 65 felt like.
It felt like riding on solid rubber wheels!!!

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
And now you know....

In his defense I have had a few young tire jockeys that insist on max PSI.. The smarter ones want to look in my door jamb. Even when I ask for 35psi. It often comes back at 42 etc.

knowing.png
Sponsored