Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@DPG4EVR Please shoot me a PM with the ticket numbers and your contact info, I'll make sure someone reaches out to you. Please excuse any delay on my end as I'm out at an event right now but will relay the information as quickly as possible. Sorry for any hassle.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prescottmojave

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I just installed my Sunrider top on my JTM yesterday. Easy install except that I had the same issue with the bolt hole not lining up on the right front. I found that the two smaller screws located on that side of the top were not tightened. After tightening the rear screw it brought the front hole into alignment. Everything fit perfectly. Instructions are still a little vague regarding the Z-clip and positioning of the bracket. Video and studying it solved the problem.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I do really like the OPs input as I have been there myself many times. The expectation of how something should fit/install for the cost of $800 would be very high for me. This insight plus the some of the issues with stretching will likely keep me from buying. Along with the inability for Bestop to actually discount their products and give out those crappy rebate cards that you cannot actually use all the money. Pretty sure they purchase those at a reduced price.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I just installed one myself and mine went right on. Hardest part for me was getting the cable hooks in the little holes on the back. I love this thing wish I had bought one sooner.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I do really like the OPs input as I have been there myself many times. The expectation of how something should fit/install for the cost of $800 would be very high for me. This insight plus the some of the issues with stretching will likely keep me from buying. Along with the inability for Bestop to actually discount their products and give out those crappy rebate cards that you cannot actually use all the money. Pretty sure they purchase those at a reduced price.
Iā€™d take what youā€™ve ā€œheardā€ with a grain of salt. These go together pretty much perfectly, and the quality is unmatched. This comes from a current and happy owner. What issues with stretching? Mine sits outside and gets tons of snow weight on it. Tight as a drum. Iā€™d be shocked if you didnā€™t love this thing, but donā€™t buy on my account.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Iā€™d take what youā€™ve ā€œheardā€ with a grain of salt. These go together pretty much perfectly, and the quality is unmatched. This comes from a current and happy owner. What issues with stretching? Mine sits outside and gets tons of snow weight on it. Tight as a drum. Iā€™d be shocked if you didnā€™t love this thing, but donā€™t buy on my account.
Thanks for the input, attached is another thread, on page to there are a few complaining about fit over time.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bestop-sunrider-adjustment.28495/

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
My question would be why didn't you contact Bestop and wait for a response before hacking into it. Yeah there is always a way to make something work. But that would apply to buying a used part with no manufacturer support. Speaking for myself if I'm spending that kind of money it's going to be right or made right. Or it's going back. I shouldn't have to modify a brand new part to make it work.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Just installed mine yesterday and had the exact same problem with the drivers side door rail. The pins dropped into the holes. But the holes don't line up to allow the bolts to go through. I tried with everything loose and was able to get the front bolt in. But the back bolt will not go at all. Zero issues with the passenger side. Everything went right in with ease.

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
This. I have installed 2 Sunriders without incident, removed them for the winter, and reinstalled in the Spring. No issues whatsoever. Great product.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Only thing I'd say is check on the z clips every once in a while, especially if you've been bouncing around with it open. One broke on my passenger side, but I also had a great experience with customer service.

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
60EF9E1B-B782-484A-8DF8-997D778CFD14.jpeg
F2C157BB-BFB7-4DEF-87E0-28EBC98768DA.jpeg

I tried to take some. Hereā€™s a couple but its hard to get the perspective. The holes were winked.
My top looked just like that on the driver side if I remember correctly. I use my diegrinder and opened up enough to clear the bolt. As much as it cost you would think it would be perfect šŸ¤Ø

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to leave a link here for our installation help as well as warranty requests.
Any time our product is not to your expectation, please reach out.
Rather you are looking for advise on installation adjustments or needing a replacement part we are here for you.

https://www.bestop.com/help/contact-us/

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Op try calling them. I had a small issue with mine and I called vs texting because the situation was easier to speak vs trying to type it out and hope someone was understanding. Bestop was really good and emailed me that day requesting pictures of the issue and ultimately sent me another sunrider the next day.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just a thought for the fit issues that appear to be on the same side. Itā€™s possible something has changed at the Jeep plant that has changed the location of the holes in the rail. Iā€™d be interested in knowing if the production dates were in the same timeframe as each other, or just random. Sometimes a slight change can be made to a body part, (or any part), that doesnā€™t affect the manufacturing process, but would affect an accessory or aftermarket parts.
Sponsored