First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Law enforcement
I used the flash cal on my JT. I had to use a bypass module for part of the process. My question is does the module bypass stay on after I complete everything or does it come off. I am not leaving on the actual display on. The instructions doesn’t say.

Thanks
Sponsored

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Doesn't matter. I keep mine on unless going to the dealer, that way if you want to make adjustments, it's just plug and play.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
also, if you want to be able to re-connect the security module easily, z automotive makes an extension cable. That way, you won't have to reach way up there to plug it in each time.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I leave my security gate bypass plugged in all the time also.

OP
OP

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
I called superchips and I was told to leave the bypass module connected. Thanks for all the help guys

Sponsored

JRODZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Truck Driver
I leave mine in all the time too. Question though-I adjusted my tire size to 34.75 then 35, but my speedo is still reading 3 under actual, above 50 mph. I also changed my axle ratio 3.73. Yes thats stock but dont know the Flashpac has for stock axle setting. I hit 7th cruising around town, but have yet to see 8th. Hiway usually stays in 6th. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
I leave mine in all the time too. Question though-I adjusted my tire size to 34.75 then 35, but my speedo is still reading 3 under actual, above 50 mph. I also changed my axle ratio 3.73. Yes thats stock but dont know the Flashpac has for stock axle setting. I hit 7th cruising around town, but have yet to see 8th. Hiway usually stays in 6th. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
When you say compared to actual, how are you determining actual?
General, people use a speedo app on their phone.
Reason I ask, is because there have been more than a few instances of the app giving a false reading when plugged into the vehicle media ports.
Just wanted to make sure that if you are indeed using a phone app, you’re not plugging the phone in while using it.

OP
OP

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
You know I went to the website of my tire. The tire says 34.5 so I adjusted that but it’s not correct. I was doing 50 mph but the speed was at 53. Idk what is going on

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
You know I went to the website of my tire. The tire says 34.5 so I adjusted that but it’s not correct. I was doing 50 mph but the speed was at 53. Idk what is going on
Try dropping it on down around 34 and see where your at. You may even need to go less than that in there to get the Speedo closer to where you want to be.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Flashcal tire size works really well but you need actual tire size. Just measure your tire with tape measure to get it. Your marked 35” tire may be closer to 33.5”

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
I’ll do that today. Ill
Measure and go from
There

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
did you try measuring the tires?

OP
OP

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
Not yet. I went by with what the manufacturer website said. I will doing it today

JRODZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Truck Driver
Thanks for the responses, I just got around to reading em. I'm using an ap that i downloaded & no its not plugged into my Jeep. I've used it in trucks @ work & it reads same as speedo, or 1 mph off. Depends on how old the truck is that i'm drivin that day. I measured close to 34 & 3/4 on the Maxxis tires mounted. Maybe i'll try goin down in size instead of up & see what that does.

OP
OP

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
So I finally measured the tires and I’m concern. I know it’s a 35 in tire and I know most of them are not 35 but I just measured my tire and it’s around 33-33.5 WTH ?!!!?!?!?? Is that normal. I have the Mickey Thompson Baja boss AT

CDAB2F7A-F8C5-47A1-8696-658516A30171.jpeg
Sponsored