GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update: My wife took the JT to the dealership. They said the code indicated the gas tank got too low at some point. The tech’s comment says “Code was a stored code. Cleared codes. Check all systems. Code did not return.” They didn’t give her the actual OBD II code. We never ran it to empty. The closest we got was an estimated range of 40 miles until empty last weekend when we went on a short trip to the beach. So, we will see.
I call BS! I would ask for the exact code that was thrown.
So the vehicle gives a distance til empty but you can't run the gas down too low? Hmm... never heard that one before.
If it was a misfire code it will come back.
Sponsored

oztek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Honda Pilot
This has been happening for months not just a few weeks so the guy at the dealer is full of shit. If he got that info from FCA engineers they are full of shit too. Its seems you are getting the run around and if you take the bait you are in for a long ride.
The dealership acknowledged they were aware of others having the issue, they said they hadn't seen one in their shop until this last week. He never said it just started happening, just that they hadn't had any in their shop until this last week. He very well may be trying to just pacify me, but I don't believe the dealership can do anything about this, and I would rather believe that engineers are looking at this rather then have the dealerships guess about shit like replacing rocker arms and other things. I'd rather have them find and fix the real issue rather than have it reoccur a few weeks later like some people have experienced. I've only been going through this for less than a week and can only start to imagine the frustration that others are experiencing. It does them no good to keep my Jeep for weeks on end as that just get's me closer to 30 days and a potential Lemon Law case. If this doesn't get resolved my Gladiator will likely be both my first and last FCA vehicle.

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
So the CEL is still off on my Gladiator but I can “floor” the gas pedal with the vehicle in park and get that hesitation we would all expect from a misfire. This is after the vehicle is warmed up. So I expect the light to come back on and for me to end up back at the dealership soon.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership acknowledged they were aware of others having the issue, they said they hadn't seen one in their shop until this last week. He never said it just started happening, just that they hadn't had any in their shop until this last week. He very well may be trying to just pacify me, but I don't believe the dealership can do anything about this, and I would rather believe that engineers are looking at this rather then have the dealerships guess about shit like replacing rocker arms and other things. I'd rather have them find and fix the real issue rather than have it reoccur a few weeks later like some people have experienced. I've only been going through this for less than a week and can only start to imagine the frustration that others are experiencing. It does them no good to keep my Jeep for weeks on end as that just get's me closer to 30 days and a potential Lemon Law case. If this doesn't get resolved my Gladiator will likely be both my first and last FCA vehicle.
If you think the FCA engineers are going to have a definitive "fix" in the next few weeks you are being very misinformed. This has been going on for months and we have yet to even hear a peep from anyone at FCA about this. I was told this was escalated from the line to the higher up back in November from the source i have and still no fix.
If you choose to leave your JT at the dealer, plan on it being there a while if they are waiting on the engineers to have a definitive fix.
My suggestion, if there is nothing noticable while driving it, then keep driving it and enjoy the hell out of it. Either it will fix itself like mine has thus far or you will end up doing the lemon law claim. Driving it will not void the warranty if the dealer releases it back to you.

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well.. after my engine got swapped out in late Feb-2020 and 45 day at the dealer(total of 62 day). It was still having weird shakes on cold starts and after the ESS came back on. I end up hiring a lawyers and FCA decided to buyback my Jeep. Considering everything that has happened. I'm relieved that FCA bought it back.

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Well here we go again. Drove the JT for about 100 miles and the CEL came on again while my wife made a half mile trip to the grocery store. I drove to the first stop sign in my neighborhood and came to a stop. The vehicle started shaking “violently” (misfires I assume-I don’t want to overstate the issue). It was bad enough that my 9yo said, “What’s that!?” Then the CEL began blinking and I got the alert chime and the auto-start unavailable light came on. I turned around and went straight home. This time it can’t be about “not having enough gas” because you can see I’m at half a tank. Back to the dealership I go.

D98960E4-E7F1-490A-B4C4-E4E89C363141.jpeg

E7DD096D-6B39-4F89-A21F-160F5B2D4256.jpeg

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well here we go again. Drove the JT for about 100 miles and the CEL came on again while my wife made a half mile trip to the grocery store. I drove to the first stop sign in my neighborhood and came to a stop. The vehicle started shaking “violently” (misfires I assume-I don’t want to overstate the issue). It was bad enough that my 9yo said, “What’s that!?” Then the CEL began blinking and I got the alert chime and the auto-start unavailable light came on. I turned around and went straight home. This time it can’t be about “not having enough gas” because you can see I’m at half a tank. Back to the dealership I go.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues E7DD096D-6B39-4F89-A21F-160F5B2D4256

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues E7DD096D-6B39-4F89-A21F-160F5B2D4256
WHATS THE LAST 6 OF YOUR VIN

Minnie2011

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accounting

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 603D17BA-9A5F-4BA6-AAD2-C787A40DA8E7

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 603D17BA-9A5F-4BA6-AAD2-C787A40DA8E7
Geez ... that’s disappointing.

Latest on my Gladiator is they are replacing and/or “recalibrating” the cam crank sensors. Not sure what that really means. They will test again in the morning on a cold crank. If everything checks out, it might be ready for pick up tomorrow.

Sponsored

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Geez ... that’s disappointing.

Latest on my Gladiator is they are replacing and/or “recalibrating” the cam crank sensors. Not sure what that really means. They will test again in the morning on a cold crank. If everything checks out, it might be ready for pick up tomorrow.
Good luck. Keep us updated. The general manager from the dealership where I bought mine called the other day because FCA reached out to him. I look forward to talking to him. I’d like to pass on any information that might help get this thing resolved.

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
If you have had the CEL light come on with misfire codes, please respond to this thread.
Build date:
Mileage when it first occurred:
How many times has it occurred:
What exact codes did it throw:
Is the issue on going? Y/N
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N

I'm just curious how many of us are dealing with the same issue and how much of a problem it truly is. I know for a fact that on my build date that 10 other JT's failed final inspection for the same misfire issue so I know there are plenty out there based off of this alone.
Adding to the thread....picked up my new Jeep Gladiator 2 weeks ago. It’s literally been back at the dealers more than in my driveway. ESS light came in the second day I owned the vehicle. Called and returned to dealer. After many hours, they decided to replace secondary battery. After picking the vehicle up, the next day the ESS light returns. Set up another appointment with dealer. Before my appointment, CEL light came on as well. It’s now been at the dealer for 4 days with no resolution. Working with FCA engineers as well. Will continue to update thread as I hear more. 2nd Jeep could be my last. We’ll see if FCA makes this right. Clearly appears to be a known but unresolved issue!

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Adding to the thread....picked up my new Jeep Gladiator 2 weeks ago. It’s literally been back at the dealers more than in my driveway. ESS light came in the second day I owned the vehicle. Called and returned to dealer. After many hours, they decided to replace secondary battery. After picking the vehicle up, the next day the ESS light returns. Set up another appointment with dealer. Before my appointment, CEL light came on as well. It’s now been at the dealer for 4 days with no resolution. Working with FCA engineers as well. Will continue to update thread as I hear more. 2nd Jeep could be my last. We’ll see if FCA makes this right. Clearly appears to be a known but unresolved issue!
Good luck to you. I got a call from the general manager of the dealership Saturday and was able to speak with him yesterday. He said they are going to bring a loaner car to the house and take my JT back to the dealership to figure out the problem. I havn’t heard from anyone else since. Again, I love the idea of this truck but . . . . .we’ll have to see what happens from here.

oztek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Honda Pilot
Update:
Got a call from the dealership on Monday. FCA gave them approval to take apart the engine. They found a piece of metal which was disrupting the timing and something else, but I was so swamped at work I didn't catch all the details.
He said they have a list of VINs and build dates that have the same problem.
They will be replacing the engine with one off the factory floor. ETA to get it fixed is mid to end of next week.

When I pick it up I will get as much detail as I can. Finger's crossed, but it looks like others have had their engine replaced with no success.

At least this is a good week to have it in the shop since I am on call at work and can't stray too far from a computer till Tuesday.

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Update:
Got a call from the dealership on Monday. FCA gave them approval to take apart the engine. They found a piece of metal which was disrupting the timing and something else, but I was so swamped at work I didn't catch all the details.
He said they have a list of VINs and build dates that have the same problem.
They will be replacing the engine with one off the factory floor. ETA to get it fixed is mid to end of next week.

When I pick it up I will get as much detail as I can. Finger's crossed, but it looks like others have had their engine replaced with no success.

At least this is a good week to have it in the shop since I am on call at work and can't stray too far from a computer till Tuesday.
Thanks for the update. I wonder if there is a way to get my dealer to see that list.
Sponsored