Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Friends,

I have a Sport S - Max Tow (love it). I'm looking into upgrading the stock suspension. I'm not a big "rock crawler" guy, but I do like the idea of driving over semi rough/bumpy terrain at a decent clip. Can you guys help me understand what the Mojave has vs stock Sport S? If I was going to upgrade the suspension to be closer to that, what should I do?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I understand the Mojave has remote reservoir shocks, different springs with different spring rates with the fronts 1” taller and hydraulic bump stops.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Friends,

I have a Sport S - Max Tow (love it). I'm looking into upgrading the stock suspension. I'm not a big "rock crawler" guy, but I do like the idea of driving over semi rough/bumpy terrain at a decent clip. Can you guys help me understand what the Mojave has vs stock Sport S? If I was going to upgrade the suspension to be closer to that, what should I do?

Thanks!!
just suspension? hydraulic bump stops, more travel, stiffer front springs (1” lift over rubi) and the Fox 2.5” remote reservoir shocks.

to match that, you’ll need hydro bump stops and remote resi bypass shocks from Icon or fox. The Mojave shocks also come up in the classifieds from time to time.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The shocks on a Mojave are the Fox 2.5 Reservoir shocks and the bump stops are Fox as well I think. You’re looking into over a $3000 upgrade.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info!
If you’re not going crazy with your build just look into a decent set of adjustable shocks. That’s about the simplest way to take shit roads at speed without breaking the bank. Falcon, Fox, King, and Icon all come to mind right off the bat when it comes to companies that build shocks for this type of application.

OP
OP

Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Ohh... awesome tip. Thank you!

If you’re not going crazy with your build just look into a decent set of adjustable shocks. That’s about the simplest way to take shit roads at speed without breaking the bank. Falcon, Fox, King, and Icon all come to mind right off the bat when it comes to companies that build shocks for this type of application.

chrisoverland

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Quality Supervisor
When I bought my 2020 overland I got the 2" mopar lift from the dealer ($1200).
One thing unique about the mopar lift is it comes with 2.5" Fox shocks not 2". I have not seen them anywhere else. It's also covered under warranty since it's mopar. Remote reservoir shocks work great for high speed studder bumps but are quite pricey.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
@Oboc It's a ~$3,250 upgrade or so on the non-Mojave but key point is that the Mojave is basically a 1" lift with finely-tuned bypass shocks... if you want to go higher, you're sacrificing droop and travel and, because your ride height is different, it will completely screw up the valving of the shocks. If you want to modify, go Sport S or get the Mojave and sell the suspension.

@chrisoverland are you measuring the body because the 2" vs 2.5" is the diameter of the piston inside, not the body. A 2.5 is typically around 3" but you can tell on Fox because the 2.5s have a 7/8" shaft.

chrisoverland

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Quality Supervisor
I had the fox 2.0's on my jk. These shocks are quite a bit larger. So much so they have offset mounting bushings to clear the frame. Also, I did not measure my jeep before and after the lift but from a youtube install they measured 1-1/2" rear and 3-1/2 front. Haven't done it yet but I have additional 3/4" spacers for the front. Hope that answered your question.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Adding to the above, the Mojave has a more extensively welded frame,, and importantly, the iron knuckles instead of aluminum.
Since I own my JT, I don't go at a "good clip" on bad surfaces. I wouldn't with a Mojave either. Let the advertisement drivers do that--they don't have to fix the Jeep after trashing it when they hit something worse than they expected to find.

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
The cast iron knuckles were really important to me, and a big part of why I went Mojave.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I had the fox 2.0's on my jk. These shocks are quite a bit larger. So much so they have offset mounting bushings to clear the frame. Also, I did not measure my jeep before and after the lift but from a youtube install they measured 1-1/2" rear and 3-1/2 front. Haven't done it yet but I have additional 3/4" spacers for the front. Hope that answered your question.
I'd love to see a pic... It's just seems off to me because Fox doesn't even make 2.5" emulsion shocks for the Gladiator (it would have to be a universal or custom application) and every Mopar kit I've seen clearly has the 2.0 body.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The cast iron knuckles were really important to me, and a big part of why I went Mojave.
That's $700 I'll definitely be spending at some point in the future around the time I have to replace the balljoints with something more durable.

OP
OP

Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks again everyone. Another question... If I swap the stock Sport S with Mojave suspension, does it change the truck's towing ability (specifically, does it decrease it)?
Sponsored