First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Hi everyone... apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I tried to do a search, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for...

I'd like to put the eBay Rubi-Replica Bumper on my Mojave. Has anyone done this, and also implementing the bumper-trim method?
Curious to see if there were any complications/differences vs. doing on an OEMopar Steel bumper. From everything I've read, the Rub-Replica is pretty identical to the OEMopar one. But want to make sure...
Thanks in advance.
All of the information that you're looking for is on the last 4-5 pages of this thread.
Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Yeah, read it all after I posted.
Will invest in one of the bumpers as soon as I knock some of the other mods done.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Yeah, read it all after I posted.
Will invest in one of the bumpers as soon as I knock some of the other mods done.
Bang for the buck it's a killer deal. I'll be going that route when the time comes.

I've already spent $3100 this month on wheels, lift kit, lights and other Jeep accessories. And my JTM still doesn't have a build date yet

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Thought I'd add myself to the list of those who have done this swap. Wasn't planning on going with this option originally but I came across a rubicon steel takeoff for $200 on Facebook. Had some light scratches so I repainted the whole thing with rusteoleum bedliner which has the benefit of a perfect touch up option if/when I scratch it up on the trail.

I stuck with the rubicon skidplate which bolted on with no issues on my Mojave. Also added a cheap ebay brush guard as well.

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20220905_065618-01

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20220827_192550-01

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20220827_192557-01

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20220827_183318-01

Benthere_03

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave jeep gladiator
Occupation
HVAC Chiller tech
Thought I'd add myself to the list of those who have done this swap. Wasn't planning on going with this option originally but I came across a rubicon steel takeoff for $200 on Facebook. Had some light scratches so I repainted the whole thing with rusteoleum bedliner which has the benefit of a perfect touch up option if/when I scratch it up on the trail.

I stuck with the rubicon skidplate which bolted on with no issues on my Mojave. Also added a cheap ebay brush guard as well.

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20220827_183318-01

Where did you end up putting the reservoirs for the shocks? Looks great!

Sponsored

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Where did you end up putting the reservoirs for the shocks? Looks great!
Thanks! Rubicon skidplate bolts right up with no issues with the factory reservoir location.

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I did this swap didnt have to trim anything, everything fit and bolted right up skid plate and all. Only thing that changed was it was bottoming out over speed bumps so i added 1 1/4" spacers and it improved it, but didnt realize how much heavier the whole set up would be. On a side note the LED fogs from the plastic bumper will not fit the steel Rubi bumper its a totally different LED housing.
Next mod im going to move the winch control pack so its hidden in the bumper.

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did this swap didnt have to trim anything, everything fit and bolted right up skid plate and all. Only thing that changed was it was bottoming out over speed bumps so i added 1 1/4" spacers and it improved it, but didnt realize how much heavier the whole set up would be. On a side note the LED fogs from the plastic bumper will not fit the steel Rubi bumper its a totally different LED housing.
Next mod im going to move the winch control pack so its hidden in the bumper.
Do you have pictures of the fitment? I have this project on my list to do when the weather gets warmer, and would love to keep the Mojave Skid Plate on.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah very interested to see this too. I wonder if the Chinese knock-off guys updated them to work with Mojave skid plates too. That would be amazing.

Sponsored

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah very interested to see this too. I wonder if the Chinese knock-off guys updated them to work with Mojave skid plates too. That would be amazing.
I bought the oem one this past fall but never got around to installing it. Hoping when I install it I can find a way to get it to work.

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
failed to mention mine is a OEM steel Rubi bumper not a knock off. Ill see what pics i have of the install

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
failed to mention mine is a OEM steel Rubi bumper not a knock off. Ill see what pics i have of the install
Should still be the same. Just want to see how you lined up and bolted the rubi bumper to the Mojave's skid. From everything I've read and heard, the holes don't align.