First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
You will always regret being cheap on suspension components, at least in my experience. The Teraflex 1.5" gives you a nice level with very little rake (Almost none on a JTRD). You also should not be using geo correction brackets until you're over a 3" lift, unless it's a pavement princess then you're fine.

Below is a picture of a JTRD on 37s with a Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit. You don't need an adjustable trackbar with this type of setup. Though you'll eventually wind up replacing the front steering anyways with larger tires, the factory stuff isn't a fan of it long term.

The Teraflex 1.5" on a Rubicon can fit 37s if staying on the road, and 35s very comfortably.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 17.12.03_bd862120.jpg
Same color as my JTR. I fancy 37"s but the responsible part of me say 35" tops. I had a money set aside for lift, fifteen52 Metrix HD and 35" but today my wife made me use that money to redo our deck in redwood, trex and put a roof over it. So there goes that. The Geo brackets from JKS are for lifts 2" and higher. I'll gage the need later. When I did the 1.5 TF on the Willys the axle shifted to the left. I correct it with the adjustable track bar.

I may wait until I can do a full lift and skip the spacers.
Sponsored

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Same color as my JTR. I fancy 37"s but the responsible part of me say 35" tops. I had a money set aside for lift, fifteen52 Metrix HD and 35" but today my wife made me use that money to redo our deck in redwood, trex and put a roof over it. So there goes that. The Geo brackets from JKS are for lifts 2" and higher. I'll gage the need later. When I did the 1.5 TF on the Willys the axle shifted to the left. I correct it with the adjustable track bar.

I may wait until I can do a full lift and skip the spacers.
I don't think owning a Jeep is responsible at all haha, it's an addiction! Interesting on the axle shift, didn't notice that at all with the leveling kit.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I don't think owning a Jeep is responsible at all haha, it's an addiction! Interesting on the axle shift, didn't notice that at all with the leveling kit.
I'm a little anal 😬. It moved about one inch. In my mind it was catastrophic. 🤣
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5 Leveling Kit Questions 1712879726035-uo

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
Did you regear for the 37"? I did 4.88s on my YJ a few years back and it helped a lot with 33". I lived at around 3,600' in elevation at that time. After moving here at 7,300' if felt gutless I downsized to 31s and it woke up.

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Did you regear for the 37"? I did 4.88s on my YJ a few years back and it helped a lot with 33". I lived at around 3,600' in elevation at that time. After moving here at 7,300' if felt gutless I downsized to 31s and it woke up.
I did not personally. I have factory 4.10s with the Diesel and I noticed no difference going from 33s to 37s. I still intend on regearing, but it's low on my list since the Diesel hauls nicely. I'm building out this Gladiator to do the Pan American Highway, so once I start loading it up with weight I will move it higher up the list as I'm sure I'll notice it a bit more then. I also live at pretty much sea level with no mountains around me, so that's not really a concern currently.

The 37s are just for fun, for now, I intend on dropping down to 35s once I leave for the Pan American.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I did not personally. I have factory 4.10s with the Diesel and I noticed no difference going from 33s to 37s. I still intend on regearing, but it's low on my list since the Diesel hauls nicely. I'm building out this Gladiator to do the Pan American Highway, so once I start loading it up with weight I will move it higher up the list as I'm sure I'll notice it a bit more then. I also live at pretty much sea level with no mountains around me, so that's not really a concern currently.

The 37s are just for fun, for now, I intend on dropping down to 35s once I leave for the Pan American.
Nice. Sounds like a nice trip.
Sponsored