exfil offroad

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Do you think 37s could work with sport fenders and this kit? How is the on road ride compared to stock?
Ride is great, super solid both on and off road. 37s will fit. Your only caution should be wheel back spacing, but they will fit under those fenders with this kit for sure.
Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ride is great, super solid both on and off road. 37s will fit. Your only caution should be wheel back spacing, but they will fit under those fenders with this kit for sure.
Looking at 4.75 wheels and a 3.5 kit that won't destroy my fenders. Torn between teraflex and rough country but if this kit would play well with 37s off road, I'll probably spend a little more and go this route. It recommends 35s for sports.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Looking at 4.75 wheels and a 3.5 kit that won't destroy my fenders. Torn between teraflex and rough country but if this kit would play well with 37s off road, I'll probably spend a little more and go this route. It recommends 35s for sports.
Why not look at clayton 3.5?

for a sport you will most likely want to look at 4.5 and lower to avoid rub

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Why not look at clayton 3.5?

for a sport you will most likely want to look at 4.5 and lower to avoid rub
Clayton looks quite large. I want to keep the truck as low as possible. I'd prob just look at doing a chop if the rubbing was that bad.

OP
OP
exfil offroad

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clayton looks quite large. I want to keep the truck as low as possible. I'd prob just look at doing a chop if the rubbing was that bad.
The Teraflex 3.5 is a stiff lift, you won’t get a lot of drop at all when it settles in. At full articulation you might get some fender rub but surely not driving or most over landing. But you do always have the option of changing our the fenders. There are some nice options out there.

Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I have the new version of the ST4 kit on order. It comes with rear upper and lower spring retainers. Seems they addressed the issue you ran into there, wonder if any fixes in the bar were made.

They sell the kit all by itself just incase you are interested.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Also guessing your version of the CT kit didn't come with the extended travel kit? They fixed some issue with the rear swaybar in the latest kits so you aren't dragging parts around. There is a great video they made about this:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I would always spend a little more to buy things over rough country… I bought from them once…never again. The bushings failed within 6 months and 2 off-road trips.

50B3B48F-5BD1-4E1F-B108-6B5A51F7AAB4.jpeg

2662B279-64D4-4EB0-887C-90F14F8558D9.jpeg

OP
OP
exfil offroad

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the new version of the ST4 kit on order. It comes with rear upper and lower spring retainers. Seems they addressed the issue you ran into there, wonder if any fixes in the bar were made.

They sell the kit all by itself just incase you are interested.
thats great they did that, obviously listening to things like this where customers are giving real feedback.

Sponsored

OP
OP
exfil offroad

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP what was your impression of the alpine arms versus stock arms? Can you go any deeper into that?
The arms are great. I’ve seen so many community people going to this lift with their gladiator. So obviously it’s getting traction. The stock are built cheap, they are lightweight and not adjustable. When you lift the jeep all your components tuck, as the designed factory stance cannot be maintained. So obviously adjustable arms are not a must, but would definitely recommend. I have these arms on both my JL Rubicon and my gladiator. I’ve had zero issues with them or need to adjust them, no noises, been super solid.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
The arms are great. I’ve seen so many community people going to this lift with their gladiator. So obviously it’s getting traction. The stock are built cheap, they are lightweight and not adjustable. When you lift the jeep all your components tuck, as the designed factory stance cannot be maintained. So obviously adjustable arms are not a must, but would definitely recommend. I have these arms on both my JL Rubicon and my gladiator. I’ve had zero issues with them or need to adjust them, no noises, been super solid.
Thanks for the info! I have heard now from a couple other folks how good they consider the Alpine arms. Have you banged them up pretty good on rocks and such? The no noise is a big selling point for me. Too many of these other kits, which I won't name, sound like they are falling apart after one or two winters. So I know my ride quality will suffer a bit going to 4.5" lift with stock short arms partly for reasons you mention. My plan is to keep the stock arms with the ST4 kit until the bolt on long arm kit announced at SEMA is actually available. Should help a lot with ride quality seeing those will allow dialing in adjustment like the arms you are using. I guess if those long arms end up being a 6+ months out (like the falcon sp2 3.5s are right now) I may just throw on a set of your Alpine arms and swap em for the long ones when I can. Thank you again good to get owner feedback on this stuff.

OP
OP
exfil offroad

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Thanks for the info! I have heard now from a couple other folks how good they consider the Alpine arms. Have you banged them up pretty good on rocks and such? The no noise is a big selling point for me. Too many of these other kits, which I won't name, sound like they are falling apart after one or two winters. So I know my ride quality will suffer a bit going to 4.5" lift with stock short arms partly for reasons you mention. My plan is to keep the stock arms with the ST4 kit until the bolt on long arm kit announced at SEMA is actually available. Should help a lot with ride quality seeing those will allow dialing in adjustment like the arms you are using. I guess if those long arms end up being a 6+ months out (like the falcon sp2 3.5s are right now) I may just throw on a set of your Alpine arms and swap em for the long ones when I can. Thank you again good to get owner feedback on this stuff.
No worries, I’ve had the alpines on my JL for about 2.5 years, haven’t touched them and they are still perfect. Haven’t beaten them up a ton, some rock crawling, but they are beefy, your main concern should be the bushings. They are solid!
Sponsored