First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I have an R1T on order which is a truck made by Rivian. May very well cancel it based on what the Tesla truck looks like. Wait till the first electric Jeep is made. It’ll make the things we drive now seem silly on and off road.

Last edited:

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I have an R1T on order which is a truck made by Rivian. May very well cancel it based on what the Tesla truck looks like. Wait till the first electric Jeep is made. It’ll made the things we drive now seem silly on and off road.
I believe they've already hinted at a Plug In Hybrid for the JL and JT. While not fully an electric vehicle it would be awesome for my 4 mile commute to work.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I believe they've already hinted at a Plug In Hybrid for the JL and JT. While not fully an electric vehicle it would be awesome for my 4 mile commute to work.

I haven’t driven anything hybrid that wow’d me. I’d rather skip the transition period altogether as I absolutely love my Tesla. I’ve heard the new hybrid explorer is pretty awesome though. My concern is where does all that stuff go and still be able to safely go off-road.
My perfect scenario is the diesel JT being awesome and lasting me 15+ years. With it not being a DD it could happen. I’d really like it to be the last ICE vehicle I buy.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
The only full electric that seemed really interesting and capable is the Rivian R1T. That looks neat, but i still love my JT.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I imagine one big electrical storm with the first mud puddle a Cyber Truck hits, and the whole battery powered vehicle thing hasn't worked out so well for battery powered vehicles in the Rockies as the range is greatly affected when going up and down hills that are lengthy. Ask the Tesla owner I was unable to help this last summer in Idaho. Most unfortunate. Battery powered cars are for "Flat Landers" and "City Folk", just the type of individuals I try to escape when I finally pull my JT out of the garage.
Jeep Gladiator Tesla pickup called Cybertruck / CYBRTRK {filename}

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I imagine one big electrical storm with the first mud puddle it hits, and the whole battery powered vehicle thing hasn't worked out so well for battery powered vehicles in the Rockies as the range is greatly affected when going up and down hills that are lengthy. Ask the Tesla owner I was unable to help this last summer in Idaho. Most unfortunate. Battery powered cars are for "Flat Landers" and "City Folk", just the type of individuals I try to escape when I finally pull my JT out of the garage.
https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZlGsGEXZulG/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Unless the battery is dead dead, you can pull charge a Tesla.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the battery is dead dead, you can pull charge a Tesla.
two cars my tow ropes won't fit, Tesla's in the Mountains, and Subaru's off pavement.
I've considered a Tesla Model 3 for my commuter car, 18 miles to work, flat driving, but I would never go exploring in the Rocky Mountains (on pavement) not knowing where a charging station is located, because here in Idaho, you cannot plug your Tesla into a "Current Bush" and expect results. I like my JT. It goes where I need it to. Away!
The Tesla Rivian R1T does look promising, so we'll have to wait and see. The more it works the less range you have and its just not practical to drag a solar farm with you everytime you want to go to the mountains. And then there is the Rain thing, or a trailer with a 6kw generator and fuel, but then you might as well get a Jeep and do it right the 1st time.

Last edited:

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Buwaha ha ha. loser! ;